P. Elisabeth, P. Gabriël, P. Emmanuel and P. Eléonore - News and Pictures Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not so sure that the international school provides a better education than the school they have been attending so far, which is considered one of the best/better public schools in the country if I am not mistaken. In general, private schools are less common and not necessarily much better than other schools in terms of educational quality. The main difference is most likely the type of students (only affluent people can afford sending their children to these schools; which many times creates a very specific - not always academically challenging - subculture).

I think the idea here is to provide the International Baccalaurate for them, something their former school didn't offer (as far as I know), so they can later study university wherever they want.

Happy first day of school from the Royal Belgian children!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDbyYlkWsAAS3IS?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EDbyYliX4AA0tgd?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

King Philippe with Princess Eleonore pictured ahead of the first day of school at the Sint-Jan-Berchmanscollege school in Brussels this morning

https://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/6693955

And Queen Mathilde with Prince Emmanuel pictured during the first day of school at the Eurekaschool school in Kessel-Lo, Leuven

https://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/6693327

Last edited by a moderator:
Two wonderful photos, nice that the Belgian court has published them.

What lovely happy photos we should see more nice happy sibling photos like these.

Beautiful, beautiful picture of the royal kids. One can tell the amazing bond and affection they have for one another. It is such a relief to see it, in comparison to the complex relationship the King has with his own siblings. I guess one reaps what one sows....
Gabriel has become really tall, his height difference with all the other siblings (Elisabeth included) is so cute...and he seems so protective with all of them. The proud look of Elisabeth is lovely. I wish all of them a good school year!!!

I am not so sure that the international school provides a better education than the school they have been attending so far, which is considered one of the best/better public schools in the country if I am not mistaken. In general, private schools are less common and not necessarily much better than other schools in terms of educational quality. The main difference is most likely the type of students (only affluent people can afford sending their children to these schools; which many times creates a very specific - not always academically challenging - subculture).

What I meant with "best education possible" is of course "best education possible according to their parents". I went to both private and public/state school, as my parents wanted me to have a Catholic education in my early years. And I have to say I had amazing experiences in both cases, what makes the difference in the private one is probably the dedication and the attention to the tiniest details that only an expensive fee can buy. That said, I think another factor that influenced Philippe and Mathilde'S (as well as Elisabeth and Gabriel's) choice, is the fact that they will probably go to university/college abroad, possibly Oxbridge/Ivy League, and those universities are very selective and are most likely to accept students with a certain curriculum, coming from specific schools.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Belgian Royal children are poised yet natural, regal and accessible all at once. And they are all so lovely to look at ...like different species of the same flower or something.?

I never cease to be impressed at how close and loving the four of them appear to be with one a other.

It seems the pic with all children is not from today as Emmanuel and Eleonore are wearing different outfits. Think also Elisabeth will already be in her college in Wales.

It seems the pic with all children is not from today as Emmanuel and Eleonore are wearing different outfits. Think also Elisabeth will already be in her college in Wales.

Emmanuel yes, but Eleonore is wearing the same clothes in both photos-the ones with her siblings and the ones arriving at school with her father.

Prince Emmanuel has some charm. He is to watch for!

Happy first day of school from the Royal Belgian children!!

King Philippe with Princess Eleonore pictured ahead of the first day of school at the Sint-Jan-Berchmanscollege school in Brussels this morning
https://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/6693955
And Queen Mathilde with Prince Emmanuel pictured during the first day of school at the Eurekaschool school in Kessel-Lo, Leuven
https://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/6693327

Hooray, it's the first day of school again. I love how they do it every year in Belgium. ?
And like every year, I wonder what must be in that backpack. Do all books and sports equipment have to be taken every day?

I also lugged early in high school, but such a big bag?:ermm::ermm:
Or is it just like with the interns and youngest assistants in my office in the past, a complete large briefcase with a bread box and an apple in it?:lol:

Prince Emmanuel has some charm. He is to watch for!

Thought so, too. He was only a little, shy boy in the past. But he could catch up with his older, charming brother in 1 or 2 years...!
He resembles his paternal grandfather Albert II. when he was at the same age a lot. And we know what a handsome young man he became in the 1950s!

I think Emmanuel will pull a "Pierre Casiraghi" and eventually overtake his elder brother in the looks department...:lol:;)

I think the idea here is to provide the International Baccalaurate for them, something their former school didn't offer (as far as I know), so they can later study university wherever they want.

Exactly, that's what I also said in one of my other posts. In the one you quoted I specifically responded to a message that said that it's logical that they receive the best education possible - which implied that a private school would be the way to achieve that; I don't agree with that.

I am sure Gabriel and his parents have a specific reason (most likely IB) in mind for him to change schools; making this a 'better' school for him at this stage in his specific circumstances; but that doesn't mean that he is now receiving 'the best education' or even a better education compared to his previous school in general.

The Belgian Royal children are poised yet natural, regal and accessible all at once. And they are all so lovely to look at ...like different species of the same flower or something.?

I never cease to be impressed at how close and loving the four of them appear to be with one a other.

Really nice pictures indeed showing a close bond between the siblings. It doesn't look like Elisabeth being gone most of the year affected that in any way.

Interesting but no longer surprising to see that Emmanuel keeps attending Eureka which is meant to be a 'temporary' solution for pupils (2-3 years) not a permanent school - although they might have shifted their vision. He is starting his 8th consecutive year at the school (starting attending in September 2012).

According to their website it's for pupils in grade 2 (primary) to grade 2 (secondary); so assuming he is starting second grade (of Secondary school) this year, he will have to leave at the end of this year.

Last edited:
How gorgeous and likeable they are ! And so well dressed ! Proud of my Royal Family !

Really nice pictures indeed showing a close bond between the siblings. It doesn't look like Elisabeth being gone most of the year affected that in any way.

Interesting but no longer surprising to see that Emmanuel keeps attending Eureka which is meant to be a 'temporary' solution for pupils (2-3 years) not a permanent school - although they might have shifted their vision. He is starting his 8th consecutive year at the school (starting attending in September 2012).

According to their website it's for pupils in grade 2 (primary) to grade 2 (secondary); so assuming he is starting second grade (of Secondary school) this year, he will have to leave at the end of this year.

I think the school has done a lot of good to him and that's why his parents chose for Emmanuel to stay there as long as possible, he's always been a shy boy but has been slowly but surely coming out of his shell in the last couple of years, I think he will be ready to join a regular school next year, maybe even the one his siblings have attended.

I love that Philippe and Mathilde tackled the issue head on, didn't try to hide the way that he had some special needs and actually do the same thing with him and all his siblings, taking him to school exactly the way they do with them.

The bond between the siblings is undeniable, Elisabeth and Gabriel the protectors of the younger ones, even at a distance, I think it's a credit to P&M that their kids are such well adjusted, charming, loving young people.

Thought so, too. He was only a little, shy boy in the past. But he could catch up with his older, charming brother in 1 or 2 years...!
He resembles his paternal grandfather Albert II. when he was at the same age a lot. And we know what a handsome young man he became in the 1950s!

Emmanuel is a mini-clone of his father, even has the same "hair form" so to speak :D
That means he'll be a handsome man like Philippe.

That school is very impressive looking!

Sweet, lovely girl. ?

I love the photos of the children going back to school; I've always liked how close they seem to be with one another - I can imagine the others miss Elisabeth when she goes back to Wales.
I knew Elisabeth's school was grand, but I didn't know it was quite literally a castle - almost Hogwarts-like :lol:

While perhaps not as impressive as Alnwick (aka the outside of Hogwarts), it is impressive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Donat's_Castle

It is located in St Donat's castle. Parts date back to the 1200's. It was owned for centuries by the Stradling family.

Most of what we see today was restored by William Randalph Herst. He bought it and spent a lot of money restoring it. During WWII it was used for troops, and after Hearst often loaned it to his friend Bob Hope.

It was purchased from his estate 10 years after he died, and donated to be used to house the college.

I always wanted to go to school in a castle, even before Harry Potter. :D

The siblings indeed always look so close. I am sure they miss Elisabeth and she them but she seems to enjoy the school.

It looks like they used a photo of Elisabeth from National Day 2017.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom