P. Elisabeth, P. Gabriël, P. Emmanuel and P. Eléonore - News and Pictures Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, this is for UWC Day, where the movement is celebrated and national pride is shown. But should we really be posting photos of her like this? I know a couple of people at AC with her and I don't think people are making a big deal out of it, so I don't think the students would like it if these pictures were posted around on the internet just because she is there.

Why are the kids holding the Greek flag...what am I missing?

The guy in the picture has a Greek flag on his face and all the flags are brought out on the 21st so it's not peculiar to see people from different nations holding another country's flag.

September 21 is UWC day. The schools celebrate UN day of international peace with different events at their schools. The students from Elizabeth's school come from many countries, including Greece. It would have been part of those events. You can see the kids had flags face painted and such.

https://www.uwc.org/uwcdayevents

Last edited:
September 21 is UWC day. The schools celebrate UN day of international peace with different events at their schools. The students from Elizabeth's school come from many countries, including Greece. It would have been part of those events. You can see the kids had flags face painted and such.

https://www.uwc.org/uwcdayevents

I know I already mentioned UWC Day above, but thank you for elaborating for those that don't know what it is.

Much thanks to Countessmeout and RoyalHighness2002...that school sounds wonderful. I wish I'd had an opportunity to attend an institution like that.

Elisabeth already seems right at home.

Yes, this is for UWC Day, where the movement is celebrated and national pride is shown. But should we really be posting photos of her like this? I know a couple of people at AC with her and I don't think people are making a big deal out of it, so I don't think the students would like it if these pictures were posted around on the internet just because she is there.

I agree. Unless the photo was posted by Elisabeth or the Belgian RF themselves on an official or public Instagram/Facebook etc platform or on the school's official website (which I doubt as I haven't seen it on either) that indicates that it was meant for private usage and not for the general public to see. I think it's nice for the school not to make a big issue over Elisabeth's royal background so that she can fit in with the other students and enjoy her time as any other student of UWC. ?

Prince Emmanuel celebrates his 13th Birthday today!

"Bedankt voor uw verjaardagswensen!
Merci pour vos vœux d'anniversaire!
Danke für Ihre Geburtstagswünsche!
Thank you for your birthday wishes!"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DopSn_NXgAAMDXm.jpg

17 years old!!!!

"Bedankt voor uw verjaardagswensen!
Merci pour vos vœux d'anniversaire!
Danke für Ihre Geburtstagswünsche!
Thank you for your birthday wishes!"

https://scontent.fskg1-1.fna.fbcdn....=51c6dfbca44f9a8583c6d5d4f3c22ace&oe=5C4F1636

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...ortrait-Princess-Elisabeth-17th-birthday.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Already 13 how time flows…. happy birthday !

Thank you for sharing eya. Emmanuel is getting so grown up and he looks a lot like his sisters Elisabeth and Eleonore IMO.

Wow he is growing up..great photo of him!?

My goodness how time does fly. I can really see his Father in him now, whereas before I felt he took more after Mathilde. Regardless, he's one very handsome young man. A very Happy Birthday to Prince Emmanuel!!

Elisabeth looks so grown up in her birthday photo; one would be forgiven for thinking that she was in her early twenties rather than her late teens! She looks more like Mathilde here, too.

Will next year be special celebrations of Elisabeths 18th birthday?

Were there any large/official celebrations for Philippe when he turned 18?

Elisabeth is turning into a lovely young woman.

She reminds me of both her parents in this photo. In some others I’ve seen more of a resemblance to Queen Paola when she was young.

It is very hard to believe she’s 17! For some reason I always remember an event Mathilde took her to when she was about five or six. Mathilde read a story to a group of children, Elisabeth included. No idea why it’s always stuck in my mind but I swear it feels like it was only three or four years ago.

Time really does fly, will she have to swear the Constitution next year when she turns 18?

:previous: From sweet little bald papa clone to tall and willowy beauty. ..time FLIES!:lol:?

Time really does fly, will she have to swear the Constitution next year when she turns 18?

I don't think they do that in Belgium. The Princess of Asturias will have to do it in Spain though when she turns 18.

In my mind Elisabeth is still 11 years old since that was the age she was when I first started following European royalty. She's grown up so quickly! I wonder if there will be a party or official celebration of some sort at the palace for her birthday or if she'll celebrate it quietly at home or in Wales. What happened when Philippe turned 18?

In my mind Elisabeth is still 11 years old since that was the age she was when I first started following European royalty. She's grown up so quickly! I wonder if there will be a party or official celebration of some sort at the palace for her birthday or if she'll celebrate it quietly at home or in Wales. What happened when Philippe turned 18?

I don’t think the Belgian RF is into big public celebrations. They are a very low-key Royal House and the political environment in Belgium doesn’t Allow them to act otherwise anyway. I expect the family to have a private celebration though for Elisabeth’s 18th birthday.

Last edited:

We can't compare it to when Philippe turned 18 as he was not the direct Heir. His father was before him.
The last time a direct heir got adult was Baudouin but i don't what the age then was in Belgium. 18. or 21.

We can't compare it to when Philippe turned 18 as he was not the direct Heir. His father was before him.
The last time a direct heir got adult was Baudouin but i don't what the age then was in Belgium. 18. or 21.

Under the Belgian constitution, the heir is eligible to succeed upon attaining the age of 18. I don’t know either if that was already the case when Baudouin came of age.

EDiT: I checked the Wikipedia and it appears that Baudouin became regent when he was still 20 and took the oath as King a few months before he turned 21 , so 21 could not be the majority age back then.

Last edited:
Since King Baudouin being King the law changes . Majority is now at the age of 18.

I don’t think the Belgian RF is into big public celebrations. They are a very low-key Royal House and the political environment in Belgium doesn’t Allow them to act otherwise anyway. I expect the family to have a private celebration though for Elisabeth’s 18th birthday.

I agree. Since Elisabeth will be 18 which is one of the "milestone" ages, I was wondering if there would be some sort of official event but I think a private party/meal either at the palace in Belgium or near her school in Wales is more likely.

Well; I'm more in touch with the current BRF so I wasn't aware that Philippe wasn't a direct heir at the time (I'd forgotten that Baudouin was still king at that point) so that's why I was thinking of a "comparison" between Philippe and Elisabeth initially.

His uncle was king when turned 18,his father the then Prince of Liège was next in line to the throne.

I'd forgotten that; thanks An Ard Ri.

In my wildest fantasy Philippe and Mathilde will give their beautiful eldest daughter a formal ball at Laeken to mark her 18th birthday, with the cream of the younger generation of Royals in attendance and tiaras an absolute requirement.

It won't happen but I can dream!;):lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom