P. Elisabeth, P. Gabriël, P. Emmanuel and P. Eléonore - News and Pictures Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only on the picture.
His Special School starts on Monday 4th.

It was great to see the Belgian children back to school again. They've all grown up so much! Elisabeth is really tall in particular. I epsecially like the photo of the four of them together.

School children in the Benelux indeed don't wear a school uniform.

Most children in Europe don't wear uniform. It seems to be only Britain and British ruled countries/countries that once were under British rule (like India) that wear uniform. Private schools in Spain also wear uniform.

The Belgian siblings are all cute kids. Gabriel does look tired but IMO he has the potential to turn into the best looking of the bunch.

A few weeks ago there were articles in Belgian media: Queen Mathilde seems to be a loving but also a demanding mother. The tone of the article was that the Queen -analogue to her own upbringing- was allergic for "free time" in her childrens' agendas. They should study, go to ballet, horseriding, play violin, have speech therapy, make walks in nature, go to museums, read books, go to classic concerts, etc.

The tone of the article (in HLN, the biggest Dutch-speaking news media but not necessarily favourable towards the royal family) was negative: Queen Mathilde does not allow her children to be children indeed. Princess Elisabeth even seems to have no phone with access to internet for reasons as: protecting her against the flood of negativity and insults as well preventing herself to post on internet.

Enfin, I only see a happy family with well-balanced children, but of course that is only the outside look. I think it is refreshing that a royal family still has a zest for an education which once was traditional in this sort of milieus.

Last edited:
"

A few weeks ago there were articles in Belgian media: Queen Mathilde seems to be a loving but also a demanding mother. The tone of the article was that the Queen -analogue to her own upbringing- was allergic for "free time" in her childrens' agendas. They should study, go to ballet, horseriding, play violin, have speech therapy, make walks in nature, go to museums, read books, go to classic concerts, etc.

The tone of the article (in HLN, the biggest Dutch-speaking news media but not necessarily favourable towards the royal family) was negative: Queen Mathilde does not allow her children to be children indeed. Princess Elisabeth even seems to have no phone with access to internet for reasons as: protecting her against the flood of negativity and insults as well preventing herself to post on internet.

Enfin, I only see a happy family with well-balanced children, but of course that is only the outside look. I think it is refreshing that a royal family still has a zest for an education which once was traditional in this sort of milieus.

Music has been a big part of the Belgian royal family's life since the days of Queen Elisabeth and Queen Mathilde is keeping up with this traditiion by making sure that her children play instruments and attend concerts regularly. Developing an appreciation for literature and high culture in general is also in line with the traditions not only of royalty, but also of the nobility into which Mathilde was born. I am happy to see though that, in addition to a classical education, the secondary school Princess Elisabeth and Prince Gabriel go to is also strong in science and math, which are also essential for a well-rounded education in the 21st century.

Overall, I think Mathilde's children's education/upbring is in line with the tasks that will be required of them in the future, especially Elisabeth as the future queen regnant. I imagine that university studies in law, political science and/or economics, some kind of military training, and perhaps studying overseas for a certain period of time are also likely for the Belgian royal children after they leave school.

Well, we saw Elisabeth glued to her phone during the holidays, it was a smartphone, I don't think she would have one without internet, so that theory would be easy to dismiss, don't you think?

Gabriel plays hockey and we've seen the children play together at the palace and at parks, so I don't think that's true either but that's just my opinion I guess ;)

Well, we saw Elisabeth glued to her phone during the holidays, it was a smartphone, I don't think she would have one without internet, so that theory would be easy to dismiss, don't you think?

Gabriel plays hockey and we've seen the children play together at the palace and at parks, so I don't think that's true either but that's just my opinion I guess ;)

Playing hockey is only good: mommy is allergic for doing nothing. About not having a smartphone, I will see who was the source of that statement.

The Belgian siblings are all cute kids. Gabriel does look tired but IMO he has the potential to turn into the best looking of the bunch.

I have always thought that Gabriël is the best looking one of the bunch, even when he was a little boy. He is a d'Udekem d'Acoz in his looks. I much prefer him and his elder sister, who is clearly her father's daughter. Elisabeth looks like such a poised, well-behaved young lady.

Last edited:
Princess Elizabeth looks more and more to Queen Paola, beautiful.

Elisabeth would be in her last year of secondary school this year, right? Is there some form of college that Belgian students go on to after secondary school or do they carry on at their school until university? I'm not very familiar with the Belgian education system.

No as far as I know after passing the Secondary diploma you
go to University or another kind of high school.... nothing in between I think

:previous: Thank you for answering my question. ? So it seems that the next step Elisabeth will take, education wise, is university. I wish her luck with her studies.

It seems that his school is not in Brussels but in Louvain. It does seem to be a Flemish school.

The school Emmanuel goes to is in Kessel-Lo, near Leuven. All of the royal couple's children are being educated in Dutch (thank god). Elisabeth has even followed extra classes to improve her French spelling.

I guess once their secundary education is finished, they will go abroad for universitary studies, in French or English.

That article was full of trash for Mathilde, as usual, IMO. Elizabeth is a teenager, how can you keep her away from her friends via internet connection?! Maybe she doesn't have a facebook/twitter/instagram account for security reasons, but surely she does use instant messaging apps with her friends.

Elisabeth would be in her last year of secondary school this year, right? Is there some form of college that Belgian students go on to after secondary school or do they carry on at their school until university? I'm not very familiar with the Belgian education system.

She is in the second to last year of secundary school. So no university or university college for her just yet :)

Which grades are The Duchess of Brabant, Princes Gabriel and Emmanuel & Princess Eléonore in?

Which grades are The Duchess of Brabant, Princes Gabriel and Emmanuel & Princess Eléonore in?

Elisabeth is in the 5th year, Gabriël in 3rd year. I think Eléonore is in 4th year and Emmanuel in the 6th (and last) of elementary school.

That article was full of trash for Mathilde, as usual, IMO. Elizabeth is a teenager, how can you keep her away from her friends via internet connection?! Maybe she doesn't have a facebook/twitter/instagram account for security reasons, but surely she does use instant messaging apps with her friends.

It's virtually IMPOSSIBLE to keep them away from that, even teachers send their works through whatsapp/telegram nowadays, so if you can't have internet in your phone you're missing a huge part of life, not just interactions with your friends.:cool:

They really are a lovely family.

I have my own Elisabeth, named with an “S” as well!

Princess Elizabeth looks more and more to Queen Paola, beautiful.
Yes she does. She's going to be in university soon. I don't remember if Belgians take a gap year in between :) Good luck to her :)
------------------------------------------------
"You don't get out of life alive." ~Jimmy the Hand~
"The battle of the sexes will never be won, we fraternize with the enemy"

Yes she does. She's going to be in university soon. I don't remember if Belgians take a gap year in between :) Good luck to her :)
------------------------------------------------
"You don't get out of life alive." ~Jimmy the Hand~
"The battle of the sexes will never be won, we fraternize with the enemy"

She is only 16. She has two years before she goes to university, three if she does a gap year. We have a bit of a wait ahead.

Last edited:
She only turned 14 in July. She has four years before she goes to university, five if she does a gap year. We have a bit of a wait ahead.

Princess Elisabeth was born on 25 October 2001, so she’ll be 16 in a month. If I’m not mistaken she only has 2 more years of secondary school.

What a beautiful picture!! Happy Birthday today to Prince Emmanuel!!

Happy 12th birthday to Prince Emmanuel. I really like the picture. It's different from all the other pictures that the court releases for such occasions.

what nice photo of the birthday boy. 12 already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom