P. Elisabeth, P. Gabriël, P. Emmanuel and P. Eléonore - News and Pictures Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Threats? Can someone explain?
Late last year, there were kidnapping threats against the Princess. There is a separate thread relating to it.

I applaud her parents for ensuring she is having a normal upbringing. As for her grumpiness - she is a 12 year old girl. Show me a twelve year old (boy or girl) who doesn't have attitude!

Threats? Can someone explain?

Just before Christmas it came out that a creditable threat (I've been watching and reading too many Political Thrillers lately when that's all I can come up w/to call it) of either Elisabeth or all four children being at the least kidnapped and at the most... The reason given was as a ploy to try and get the King and his Government to change their Immigration Policy.

I haven't heard anymore since, other than the tightening of the children's security that is.

Do we know if the children will attend this year's National Day too?

Poor kid;She can't travel with her family when going on vacation and she can't travel with school friends either.

She seems a shy, composed, pretty tween. Rather mature for her age. I can imagine that her family is very proud of her.

Thanks for the video!;)

It's terrible that she can't travel with her classmates - what a world we live in!!!!
While I understand this is for her protection and for the safety of your classmates it is sad. I agree with GracieGiraffe because it's the little opportunities such as a bus ride with your classmates that are part of your school memories.

While I understand this is for her protection and for the safety of your classmates it is sad. I agree with GracieGiraffe because it's the little opportunities such as a bus ride with your classmates that are part of your school memories.

Sometimes the bus ride was the best part!! :D

I think Elisabeth is very fortunate that she's allowed to do what she likes, she might not get the full "schooltrip" experience but she's getting as close as it is possible for a girl in her position, she has friends at school and looks like a well mannered, balanced young teen, I think P&M are trying to give her a life as close to normal as possible and support all her hobbies.

I wonder if the belgian royal family has ever made public news about their children's holy sacraments: I searched on the net any article related to holy communion of Elisabeth, Gabriel and Emanuel, but I couldn't find anything... All three should (or at least Elisabeth and Gabriel) have already taken communion by now... Elisabeth is even the age for confirmation... Any info?

They don't inform the public about these things, they keep them absolutely private which is well considering there are plenty of religions around.

I saw photographs of Princess Elisabeth's First Holy Communion several years ago. It took place at the Royal Chapel of Ciergnan Castle if memory serves.

I wonder if the belgian royal family has ever made public news about their children's holy sacraments: I searched on the net any article related to holy communion of Elisabeth, Gabriel and Emanuel, but I couldn't find anything... All three should (or at least Elisabeth and Gabriel) have already taken communion by now... Elisabeth is even the age for confirmation... Any info?

As I recall it, all 4 children took communion during Queen Fabiola's funeral mass.

The age of confirmation on the other hand changes a lot from country to country, ranging from early teens to mid-teens. Since Elisabeth is still 13, she may not have been confirmed yet.

:previous: IIRC Eléonore didn't take communion at Queen Fabiola's funeral but the three oldest certainly did.

:previous: IIRC Eléonore didn't take communion at Queen Fabiola's funeral but the three oldest certainly did.

That's right. Eléonore didn't and actually had her arms crossed. The three oldest children took it.

That makes sense, little Eleonore is only around six? and more than likely has not received instruction/preparation to take the Sacrament yet.

In Belgium (if it has not changed but I doubt it) there is the "petite communion" at 7 years old and the "grande communion" at around 11 years old. In Luxemburg only one at 9 years old.

As I recall it, all 4 children took communion during Queen Fabiola's funeral mass.

The age of confirmation on the other hand changes a lot from country to country, ranging from early teens to mid-teens. Since Elisabeth is still 13, she may not have been confirmed yet.

Thank you! I was a little buffled that no info at all was shared with the public, since other monarchies generally relase at least some essential details...

It's September 1st today, the summer break is over and therefore it's been the first day back at school for the lovely Belgian kids!

Queen Mathilde brought Prince Emmanuel to school, while King Philippe accompanied Princess Elisabeth, Prince Gabriel and Princess Eleonore:

** ppe gallery ** belga gallery ** gettyimages **

** dpp gallery: King Philippe brings his children to school **

** rtl.be video: La reine Mathilde accompagne le prince Emmanuel à l'école **

** deredactie.be video: Koning Filip brengt kroost hand-in-hand naar school **

** metrotime.be gallery: IN BEELD. Ook koningskinderen moeten weer naar school **

** pp gallery and video: Famille royale de Belgique: Emmanuel en solo, Eléonore en fluo, c'est la rentrée **

Last edited:
What a beautiful pictures :flowers: thanks iceflower.
The kids just adorable and the Elizabeth a young lady anymore :)

Its that time of the year again and wonderful photos of the King & Queen accompanying the royal children to school.

Incredible how Elisabeth has grown.... a teenager now !!!

Indeed no backpack anymore for this little lady but a Longchamps pliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom