P. Elisabeth, P. Gabriël, P. Emmanuel and P. Eléonore - News and Pictures Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely pictures as every year on the first day of school.

First time in a new school for Elisabeth. She started the secondary school of the Sint-Jan Berchmans college.

For the first time in years we didn't saw pictures of the youngest of Princess Astrid. Maybe she changed schools?

I also wondering this point.
We didn't see the pics of princess Laetitia Maria?

here it is a video from yesterday RTL.be
little eleonore is still a bit overwhelmed with all the photographers that sorround them whenever they're around and she tries to suck her thumb :p
they're all so close to their father, and that's soooo sweet :wub:

here it is a video from yesterday RTL.be
little eleonore is still a bit overwhelmed with all the photographers that sorround them whenever they're around and she tries to suck her thumb :p
they're all so close to their father, and that's soooo sweet :wub:

Thank you so much! :flowers:
You can see how close those kids are to their parents, Emmanuel was probably talking Mathilde's ear off on his way to school :ROFLMAO:

Love this family...little princess Eleonore is adoeable

Gabriel has always been my favourite, since his birth....and very handsome too !

Oh no!! What a rotten way to start the New Year for him and the Family. Hope Gabriel has a problem free and speedy recovery!!

It was confirmed that the four children of Queen Mathilde and King Philippe are under constant protection. Bodyguards, camera's in school and an their own polyvalent driver

Video here

Blue-I'm not a Dutch speaker so I had a couple of questions for you. Had the children not been receiving protection before their father's ascension to the throne? Was this in response to the kidnapping threat against Elisabeth?

Blue-I'm not a Dutch speaker so I had a couple of questions for you. Had the children not been receiving protection before their father's ascension to the throne? Was this in response to the kidnapping threat against Elisabeth?

They had a little protection, but no personal bodyguards like they have now. And they hadn't videocameras in their classes, or a personal driver.

Yes, it is. (and it's totally to understand!) the chief of guards said "If someone wants to attack prince Philippe, the most easy way is to harm his children. That's why they have to be more protected"

It was confirmed that the four children of Queen Mathilde and King Philippe are under constant protection. Bodyguards, camera's in school and an their own polyvalent driver

Video here

Poor kids...how can you live your childhood/teenage years like that!?!

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Royals Community mobile app

Is Princess Elisabeth officially the Duchess of Brabant now?

Is Princess Elisabeth officially the Duchess of Brabant now?

Her Royal Highness has been The Duchess of Brabant from the moment of her father's ascension to the Throne.

Poor kids...how can you live your childhood/teenage years like that!?!

Exactly! When Gabriel and Emmanuel broke their leg, it was like a bomb exploded. People wanted to know how, why and due to who they broke it. Cynically, the palace said it was nobody's bussiness. That's enough for everyone talking about strange things happening at the palace: "strange" how two little boys who are both very active and who plays a lot of sports could break their leg.
I bet every child breaks a leg during his childhood.

Then they followed or they saw prince philippe taking Emmanuel to the psychologist. Again, no commentary from the palace. Is Emmanuel crazy, dumb, depressed? IMHO, it's very normal for a gifted child to go to the psychologist. And especially for a shy, gifted child who is constantly under pressure and treathened with death.

Also, you can see Elisabeth having a lot of difficulties with her new role as hereditary princess. Did she smile once since her father became king? (And to be clear, I totally understand her, I wouldn't smile either) She always looks kind of grumpy and tired of the media attention. :sad:

Exactly! When Gabriel and Emmanuel broke their leg, it was like a bomb exploded. People wanted to know how, why and due to who they broke it. Cynically, the palace said it was nobody's bussiness. That's enough for everyone talking about strange things happening at the palace: "strange" how two little boys who are both very active and who plays a lot of sports could break their leg.

Then they followed or they saw prince philippe taking Emmanuel to the psychologist. Again, no commentary from the palace. Is Emmanuel crazy, dumb, depressed? IMHO, it's very normal for a gifted child to go to the psychologist. And especially for a shy, gifted child who is constantly under pressure and treathened with death.

Also, you can see Elisabeth having a lot of difficulties with her new role as hereditary princess. Did she smile once since her father became king? (And to be clear, I totally understand her, I wouldn't smile either) She always looks kind of grumpy and tired of the media attention. :sad:

really...all this is absolutely ridicoulous!
Some time ago I found this video on Youtube YouTube
You can see how relaxed they are (even Elisabeth is smiling) when they're with their parants and are able to do what kids of their age normally do. but the pressure the public eye is putting on them is quite high and for shy children (as Elisabeth and Emmanuel appear to be) is difficult to cope.
And about Emmanuel ... he's notoriously dyslexic and it's normal for children with this learning disorder to go to a psychologist.
philippe and mathilde are doing a wonderful job as parents and no one should ever dare to say that "strange things" happens at the Palace

Any way. These are new/old pics of Elisabeth right before Xmas (I don't think they were posted here before)

Pic1 Pic2

(source) purepeople.com

Last edited:
really...all this is absolutely ridicoulous!
Some time ago I found this video on Youtube YouTube
You can see how relaxed they are (even Elisabeth is smiling) when they're with their parants and are able to do what kids of their age normally do. but the pressure the public eye is putting on them is quite high and for shy children (as Elisabeth and Emmanuel appear to be) is difficult to cope.
And about Emmanuel ... he's notoriously dyslexic and it's normal for children with this learning disorder to go to a psychologist.
philippe and mathilde are doing a wonderful job as parents and no one should ever dare to say that "strange things" happens at the Palace

Any way. These are new/old pics of Elisabeth right before Xmas (I don't think they were posted here before)

Pic1 Pic2

(source) purepeople.com

Thank you for the video! It is taken at a fair in Brussels - it lasts one month and they biggest one in Belgium. Philippe and Mathilde goes there every year, I think it's the first time with the children :)
I'm happy to see her smile, on official things she's oftenly grumpy since a few months :ermm:

The pictures were taken a few days after the threathening against her and her siblings was made official. She's walking to school with her bodyguard and a friend.

I totally agree with you, they are truely amazing parents. Philippe still manage to bring them to school everyday and Mathilde to catch them up. Not sure every king/queen makes time for this every day...

There were also the threats to kidnap her. That's gotta lead to a lot of stress.

Edit; my mistake, you mentioned it. Yes, I agree, she's in too pressured a role for a child.

Blue, is there any evidence in what you say, Elisabeth looked some sort of miserable since the last months (photos, videoclips...)?
You say she looked "grumpy" at official engagements; as far as I know, the children do not attend many official events at this age and since her father´s accession there were perhaps 2 or 3 "official" appearances of the kids and at all of these she looked good spirited as usual, as far as I can recall.
So which events are you referring to?!

Last edited:
I would not say she is miserable but she has always, even before the threats, looked pensive, serious or stoic-way more than is usual or normal for a girl her age;That is likely just her personality and I don't expect cheesy grins but when she does smile it does not 'reach her eyes' as they say. It worries me a little.

YMMV.

Blue, is there any evidence in what you say, Elisabeth looked some sort of miserable since the last months (photos, videoclips...)?
You say she looked "grumpy" at official engagements; as far as I know, the children do not attend many official events at this age and since her father´s accession there were perhaps 2 or 3 "official" appearances of the kids and at all of these she looked good spirited as usual, as far as I can recall.
So which events are you referring to?!

There were three, if I'm right, official "moments" (you're right, engagement is a wrong word): When her father became king, their vacation and the engagement of her godfather. She looks grumpy and annoyed at the tree moments. Please look at the pictures/video. If you go back in this thread, you'll notice it was already a topic back then.
She wasn't very happy when she went back to school in september - but maybe it's just that the vacation are over-. I don't say she's a sad sad depressed girl or something like that, just that she looks grumpy and I guess it's hard to handle so much pressure right now.

Pic1 Pic2

(source) purepeople.com
Thanks for these pics Marchesina and I agree with what you wrote.

A girl who is able to smile like this in the pics above 2 days after she received a death threat has a strong personality, I'm not worried at all.

I hope she doesn't google her name though and if she does and it takes her here "All is well Elisabeth, you are fine the way you are." And I think this is the real challenge nowadays for all famous parents raising kids: helping them to deal with the stuff that is spread via the Internet, social media, etc...

There were three, if I'm right, official "moments" (you're right, engagement is a wrong word): When her father became king, their vacation and the engagement of her godfather. She looks grumpy and annoyed at the tree moments. Please look at the pictures/video. If you go back in this thread, you'll notice it was already a topic back then.
She wasn't very happy when she went back to school in september - but maybe it's just that the vacation are over-. I don't say she's a sad sad depressed girl or something like that, just that she looks grumpy and I guess it's hard to handle so much pressure right now.

maybe she just doesn't feel comfortable in posing for pictures. We tend to forget sometimes she's a 12 years old girl. we should all remember what we were like at her age.
But talking about the videos of Prince's Amedeo engagement what caught my attention was the fact that Philippe and Mathilde's children didn't seem to get along with their cousins. Ok...I know it's just a few seconds long footage and that what we see it's just the top of the iceberg...but I had this sensation in before.
(Please don't take this post post as a kind of "conspiracy theory")

maybe she just doesn't feel comfortable in posing for pictures. We tend to forget sometimes she's a 12 years old girl. we should all remember what we were like at her age.

You're maybe right :) I guess I'm a little worried about her, (this is the moment where I get shot by everyone here ;) ) I don't want her to be as insecure as her dad was, or have anorexia like Victoria or something like that...

But talking about the videos of Prince's Amedeo engagement what caught my attention was the fact that Philippe and Mathilde's children didn't seem to get along with their cousins. Ok...I know it's just a few seconds long footage and that what we see it's just the top of the iceberg...but I had this sensation in before.

(Please don't take this post post as a kind of "conspiracy theory")

I think that's very normal. Astrid's older children aren't very close to their little cousins either. Leatitia is less than a year older than Louise, Elisabeth is already two years older than Laetitia and three years older than Louise. Seems nothing, but at that age it is. Gabriel isn't close to Nicolas and Aymeric because he's a lot older, and Eleonore isn't because she's a girl. Also, when you are close to your siblings (as Aymeric &Nicolas and Gabriel & Emmanuel are) you tend to play more with your siblings than with your cousins. :)

^^ the age issue is important, but the fact that the parents themselves don't seem to be very close helps too, IMO.

^^ the age issue is important, but the fact that the parents themselves don't seem to be very close helps too, IMO.

That's exactly my point of yiu. And this is so sad...especially when Philippe always seemed supportive towards his siblings, despite everything (yes I'm mainly referring to Laurent)...end off topic LOL

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Royals Community mobile app

Elisabeth, reine de la chorale! | rue royale

Elisabeth is a member of her school choir and went to sing in a WWI remembrance concert in Verdun.

Good to see her doing normal activities for her age and leading a somewhat normal life in spite of the threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom