P. Elisabeth, P. Gabriël, P. Emmanuel and P. Eléonore - News and Pictures Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAfan

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
N/A
Country
Italy
post-12-1074332361.gif

Welcome to the 3rd news and pictures thread of Princess Elisabeth Duchess of Brabant, Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel and Princess Eléonore.

The previous thread can be found
here.

Please post current news and pictures of Princess Elisabeth, Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel and Princess Eléonore in this thread.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Last edited:
Feel free to move if the post is not right here!

The National Anthem of Belgium "The Brabanconne" ends with the words "Le Roi, la Loi, la Liberté!" or in Flamish or German "Voor Vorst, voor Vrijheid en voor Recht!" and "Für König, Recht und Freiheit!"

Will the words "Roi", "Vorst" and "König" be subsituted to "Reine", "Vorstin" and "Königin" after Elisabeth will be Queen?

According to newspaper De Standaard, princess Elisabeth has to take French lessons. Despite her excellent results (95/100) at school, she seems to have writing problems with her maternal language.
Elisabeth has a draw talent, and she can work very well with the computer, especially powerpoints.
Next year she is going to secundary school, still in Sint-Jans Berchmans. Gabriel is going to the 5th grade and Eleonore to the 3th year of Kindergarten.
Emmanuel stays for an extra year in Eureka, near Leuven.

Article

boarding school I seems mainly to be the fashion for the brits. I can't see her parents sending her away to board later.

According to newspaper De Standaard, princess Elisabeth has to take French lessons. Despite her excellent results (95/100) at school, she seems to have writing problems with her maternal language.
Elisabeth has a draw talent, and she can work very well with the computer, especially powerpoints.
Next year she is going to secundary school, still in Sint-Jans Berchmans. Gabriel is going to the 5th grade and Eleonore to the 3th year of Kindergarten.

Article

I learned french at school and once I've been told by my teacher that it was quite common actually for french students ti have orthography problems in their language, due to the diphthongs and other stuffs like that

Will Elisabeth become Duchess of Brabant? Or was this specific to her father? Is this title like that of the Prince of Wales, Princess of Orange, Prince of Astrius and so on?

she did, yes. the household that officially belongs to the dukes of Brabant has been disbanded and will be reformed on her turning 18

IIRC she automatically became Duchess of Brabant when her father assumed throne.

Article

In a way I think Elisabeth feels more comfortable in Flemish than in French since she gets her education in the language, has flemish classmates and it seems like her parents are making an effort to educate her and her siblings in Flemish rather than in French at home.

In a way I think Elisabeth feels more comfortable in Flemish than in French since she gets her education in the language, has flemish classmates and it seems like her parents are making an effort to educate her and her siblings in Flemish rather than in French at home.

definitely quite normal if french is considered a second language at the school. but she can speak it of course because it's her mother tongue.

I really like the idea that Mathilde and Philippe want their children to be able to speak the two national languages at the same level...without accents or any mistakes. it's a good thing, since there have been through times complaints about the Royal Family not being able to speak Flemish

He was 10 yesterday ! One of my favourite Princes !!! Very handsome !!!

Crown Princess Elisabeth, Princess Eleonore, King Philippe - Filip of Belgium and Prince Gabriel pictured on the first day of school at the Sint-Jan-Berchmanscollege in Brussels, Monday 02 September 2013.

PPE agency gallery

ANP

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

Last edited:
Lovely photos. She has got her moms fashion sense, very good eye. I guess they don't wear uniforms like I assumed.

As always a great photo opportunity - how nice to see them with their dad!

It is nice to see them with their dad. Pity it wasn't the whole family today.

Queen Mathilde was dropping off Prince Emmanuel. Any idea why he goes to a different school?

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
ANP

Queen Mathilde was dropping off Prince Emmanuel. Any idea why he goes to a different school?

Emmanuel has learning difficulties and he is going to a special school where they learn him to cope with that. After two years in that school he wil normally go to a regular school again (perhaps still with some extra help from a speech and language therapist). It is a very good school for children with learning difficulties.

Prince Emmanuel has some problems to follow a normal school.
St Jan Berchmans who are going the other princes is one of the best schools in Brussels and is in Dutch.

ANP

Prince Emmanuel has some learning delays so he goes to a special school.

Last edited:

Due to his learning disabilities he's visiting the Eureka school in Kessel-Lo since September 2012.

** belga gallery 2 **

** nieuwsblad.be gallery: Ook eerste schooldag voor Koningin Mathilde **

** hellomagazine: Belgian royal children head back for first day of school **

** zimbio: Crown Princess Elisabeth Of Belgium Arrives For The First Day Of School ... **

Last edited:
I second the earlier poster.I think sometimes people of Slavic heritage are the butt of jokes and ignorant stereotypes so Matilda and young Elisabeth representing Polish people, esp. women, as classy, stylish and intelligent is wonderful.

Last edited:
Thanks, I was not aware he has slow learning disabilities.
Pictures shared are lovely from today.

Their Security bust be different as the last years certainly for the little Crown Princess.

I absolutely adore this, how down to earth they are with their children, you can see that both Philippe and Mathilde are very present on the kids' lives and that those little ones adore their parents :wub:

Lovely pictures as every year on the first day of school.

First time in a new school for Elisabeth. She started the secondary school of the Sint-Jan Berchmans college.

For the first time in years we didn't saw pictures of the youngest of Princess Astrid. Maybe she changed schools?

No videos? I'd love to see Eleonore in motion :lol: :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom