The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I love the photos of the children going back to school; I've always liked how close they seem to be with one another - I can imagine the others miss Elisabeth when she goes back to Wales.
I knew Elisabeth's school was grand, but I didn't know it was quite literally a castle - almost Hogwarts-like

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-09-2019, 07:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

While perhaps not as impressive as Alnwick (aka the outside of Hogwarts), it is impressive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Donat%27s_Castle

It is located in St Donat's castle. Parts date back to the 1200's. It was owned for centuries by the Stradling family.

Most of what we see today was restored by William Randalph Herst. He bought it and spent a lot of money restoring it. During WWII it was used for troops, and after Hearst often loaned it to his friend Bob Hope.

It was purchased from his estate 10 years after he died, and donated to be used to house the college.

I always wanted to go to school in a castle, even before Harry Potter.

The siblings indeed always look so close. I am sure they miss Elisabeth and she them but she seems to enjoy the school.

Old 09-11-2019, 05:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Elisabeth will receive a stamp for her 18th birthday. It will be released on 21 October , four days before her birthday. The pre-publication on the stamp is blurred for the "surprise".

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEK_etPW...pg&name=medium
https://nbocdn.akamaized.net/Assets/...767&scale=both
Old 09-11-2019, 06:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

It looks like they used a photo of Elisabeth from National Day 2017.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-12-2019, 03:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Princess Elisabeth will receive a stamp for her 18th birthday. It will be released on 21 October , four days before her birthday. The pre-publication on the stamp is blurred for the "surprise".

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEK_etPW...pg&name=medium
https://nbocdn.akamaized.net/Assets/...767&scale=both

Pity they used an older picture and not a new one.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's a "new" photo from an earlier photoshoot.

Queen Mathilde: Coming Up: New Stamp
Old 09-13-2019, 05:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore View Post
It's a "new" photo from an earlier photoshoot.

Queen Mathilde: Coming Up: New Stamp
I see. But I hoped for a photo from a new photoshoot. Something where she looks like her present self. She grew a lot in the last few years.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Happy 14th Birthday to Prince Emmanuel and his saxophone!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGAs6TQW...name=4096x4096
Old 10-04-2019, 05:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Happy 14th Birthday to Prince Emmanuel and his saxophone!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGAs6TQW...name=4096x4096
I LOVE this picture, Emmanuel is so cute, a teenage version of his dad
He and Gabriel are going to break a LOT of hearts when they are older (that is, if they are not already doing it )
Old 10-04-2019, 06:38 AM
Imperial Majesty

Handsome boy! That is a great photo!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-04-2019, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Emmanuel is a charming young man and will be breaking a lot of hearts indeed in the near future! I agree that he also looks a lot like Philippe. Nice to see that all the children are musical like Mathilde.

Old 10-04-2019, 05:40 PM
Royal Highness

Hmm, I prefer Gabriël of the two boys. I don't know, Emmanuel has something sullen about him, something glum. Moody, what do you call it.
Gabriël has always been my favourite, along with Elisabeth.

On a more general note: I think it's good that the court website is updated fast with the new photo, like they did in August with Gabriël's birthday.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Emmanuel, along with Elisabeth, strikes me as very shy. So maybe that's why he comes off the way he does.

I had the same problem as a child, was thought "disagreeable" by some family members because I was timid and shy. I grew out of it. I think Emmanuel will be that same and I also think he will be as handsome as his big brother soon!

Old 10-05-2019, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Perhaps Emmanuel's shy and reserved nature is a factor of his learning disability? I think he has dyslexia, but I wonder if there are some other underlying reasons for his reserved personality given the fact that he was at Eureka for a very long time (IIRC most pupils at the school only stay there until they're ready to go back into mainstream school, normally after a couple of years), however Philippe's family aren't totally extroverted themselves so he's probably just inherited that characteristic. I think it adds to Emmanuel's charm; I've always had a soft spot for him.

Old 10-06-2019, 05:49 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Perhaps Emmanuel's shy and reserved nature is a factor of his learning disability? I think he has dyslexia, but I wonder if there are some other underlying reasons for his reserved personality given the fact that he was at Eureka for a very long time (IIRC most pupils at the school only stay there until they're ready to go back into mainstream school, normally after a couple of years), however Philippe's family aren't totally extroverted themselves so he's probably just inherited that characteristic. I think it adds to Emmanuel's charm; I've always had a soft spot for him.

That is an interesting explanation. I can see what you mean.

For the same reason I have always had a soft spot for his brother - Gabriël always had something gentle about him and that appeals to me. It is something that, of the family, only he has.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know if you've ever seen any videos of Emmanuel but he's actually all but shy. When visiting a place he's the one who fires questions at the guide & at the family photo shoot at Villers he made witty jokes that made even the photographer laugh.
Old 10-25-2019, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

After 6 years and now that Elisabeth has turned 18, it's time to close this thread.

The new current events thread for Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant, can be found here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...9-a-46853.html

The new current events thread for Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel and Princess Eléonore can be found here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...9-a-46891.html

Many thanks to all who partecipated in this thread!

MAfan
on behalf of the Belgian Forum Moderators

Tags
prince emmanuel, prince gabriel, princess eleonore, princess elisabeth