Names for the next Prince/Princess of Belgium

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Fabiola, Astrid (after the "Snow Queen") as one of the middle name or maybe Josephine, Charlotte or Lilian?

Last edited:
Anne, Marie, Magdalena/Madeleine...etc.

Marie Madeleine would be very nice. But i don't know if its "dutch" enough. Cause too me both sound very french. Magdalena sounds more german (and dutch?). So maybe Anne and Marie are more "bilingual". For a third and 4th name i think Laura, Astrid, Sophia or Henriette. So my guess: Anne-Marie Henriette Laure

I think a boy will be named: Raphael Albert Joachim Marie. But Michael, Daniel is also possible. I think they will stick to an -el name. Raphael sounds posh enough...;)

I guess in theory Mathilde could have her baby quite soon.
So maybe we should have some final guesses?;)

Marie, Sophie, Ernestine, Emma
Albert, Simon

Anne, Désirée, Christine, Eleonore, Charlotte, Astrid, Marie-Alix, Josephine

David, Jakob, Samuel, Daniel, Raphael, Nathanael, Michael

I think Eleonore is perfect because of the "el" but there are probably already too many Leonor/Leonores.

I love Prince Nathaniel Fabian Patrick Albert:wub:

I don't know much about Belgium names but I like Samuel or Alexandre for a boy and Anna or Christine for a girl.

I really like the sound of Anna Amelie Lilian Charlotte for a girl, and I love the name Matthias for a first name if it's a boy. For middle names, I'd choose Laurent, Samuel and Raphael, so the full name would be Matthias Laurent Samuel Raphael.

My guess is that they may go with a first name that isn't used in the royal family at all but is fairly common and contemporary. The middle names may be royal. For a boy, maybe Noah, Thomas, Louis, Lucas. A girl: Sophie, Anna, Julie? I still like Raphael as well.

Some of the most popular names right now in Belgium:
Boys: Noah, Thomas, Nathan, Lucas, Louis, Arthur, Milan, Hugo, Maxime.

In the nearby Netherlands:
Boys: Sem, Tim, Daan, Robert, Thomas, Jesse, Milan, Thijs, Lucas, Stijn

In France:
Boys:
Enzo, Mathis, Lucas, Hugo, Mathéo, Nathan, Théo, Noah, Mattéo, Thomas

In Germany:
Leon, Lukas, Luka, Finn, Tim, Felix, Jonas, Louis, Maximilian, Julian

Liechtenstein: Raphael

For girls:
Belgium:
Emma, Marie, Laura, Julie, Louise, Clara, Manon, Léa, Sarah, Luna

Netherlands:
Sanne, Lotte, Julia, Sophie, Lieke, Emma, Anna, Eva, Lisa, Fleur

France:
Emma, Léa, Manon, Clara, Chloé, Inès, Camille, Sarah, Océane, Jade

Germany: Hannah, Leonie, Lena, Anna, Lea, Lara, Mia, Laura, Lilly, Emily

Liechstenstein: Lillian

I think in honour of her dead sister the first name of her possible daughter (I hope it will be a daughter) will be Alix.

I think in honour of her dead sister the first name of her possible daughter (I hope it will be a daughter) will be Alix.

Is Alix a typically belgian name principessa? I've never heard of it before. Honestly, I have no idea how they might name the baby, but I think Fabiola would be quite pretty for a girl.

I think they will stick with biblical names like they have for the other children.
For a boy, based upon Gabriel and Emmanuel, I think Nathaniel or Benjamin would go nice . I personally like Mattias or Lucas but am not sure they will pick trendy names for this child.
For a girl, based upon Elizabeth, I like Rebeka or Emma. I think there are enough Leonor, Leonore and Louise's around right now.

I think they will stick with biblical names like they have for the other children.
For a boy, based upon Gabriel and Emmanuel, I think Nathaniel or Benjamin would go nice . I personally like Mattias or Lucas but am not sure they will pick trendy names for this child.
Matthias and Lucas are not that trendy, and they are biblical names as well. (Matthew and Luke in English).

The names of the new princess Eléonore, Fabiola, Victoria, Anne, Marie :flowers:

Prince Filip and Princess Mathilde did not care about there beeing already different "Leonores". Most of us tought they would not give there daughter this name because of it (me too). It's very good they did, because Eléonore is one of the most beautiful names for a girl (I think) and is go's very well with Elisabeth, Gabriël and Emmanuel.

Last edited:
Since Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde have announced the name of their new daughter, Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie, it's time to close this thread. Thanks to everyone who participated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom