Mathilde on the cover

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannelore

Heir Presumptive
City
Bruges
Country
Belgium
A thread about magazines with Mathilde on the cover!

It are usually very respectful covers (no fake images).

Maybe you have some at home and could scan them? Here are a few I found on the net:

Point de Vue from July 2004 "Mathilde l'étoffe d'une reine. On aime son chic, son style, sa générosité" ("Mathilde, the fabric of a queen. We like her chic, her style, her generosity").

Point de vue from January 2003. "Elle est l'atout charme de la couronne de Belgique. Mathilde fête ses 30 ans" ("She's the charming extra of the Belgian crown. Mathilde celebrates her 30th birthday")

Point de vue from June 2004 : "Le hit parade de vos princesses préférées" ("the hit parade of your favorite princesses")

Point de Vue from November 2001. "Philippe et Mathilde nous présentent Elisabeth" ("Filip and Mathilde present us Elisabeth")

Royals "gracious Mathilde"

Point de Vue of December 1999. "La Belgique a une nouvelle princesse. Eblouissante Mathilde." ("Belgium has a new princess. Enchanting Mathilde")

Télé pocket October 2001 "Maman Bonheur" ("Mother happiness")

Royals-Dynasty of November 2001 "De geboorte van koningin Elisabeth" ("the birth of queen Elisabeth")

Paris Match of 2002 "promenade princière" ("princely walk")

Oh la December 2002

Attachments

• pdvcouv52923[1].jpeg
    pdvcouv52923[1].jpeg
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,018
  • pdvcouv69208[1].jpeg
    pdvcouv69208[1].jpeg
    10.8 KB · Views: 2,984
  • pdvcouv98253[1].jpeg
    pdvcouv98253[1].jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 1,070
  • Point+de+Vue-1[1].jpeg
    Point+de+Vue-1[1].jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,033
  • Royals[1].jpeg
    Royals[1].jpeg
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,004
  • ebloui.jpg
    ebloui.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,300
  • Second+try[1].jpeg
    Second+try[1].jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 486
  • Dynasty[1].jpeg
    Dynasty[1].jpeg
    17.9 KB · Views: 996
  • 1[1].jpeg
    1[1].jpeg
    33.1 KB · Views: 1,322
  • OH+LA!+_M30-11-1[1].jpeg
    OH+LA!+_M30-11-1[1].jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,106
Last edited by a moderator:
cine télé revue "Mathilde. Mon bonheur d'épouse et de maman" ("Mathilde: my happiness as a wife and a mom")

Attachments

• 30th---3[1].jpeg
    30th---3[1].jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,057
Point de vue January 2000

"La bonne nouvelle que les belges attendaient: Mathilde maman en septembre" ("The good news the Belgians were waiting for: Mathilde mother in September")

Only it was something PDV had made up: she wasn't pregnant at all!

PDV September 2004

"Elisabeth. La rentrée des classes d'une future reine" (Elisabeth. Back to school for a future queen)

Attachments

• pointdevue[1].jpeg
    pointdevue[1].jpeg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,030
  • elisa1[1].jpg
    elisa1[1].jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 413
I don' t know what's going on with PdV. They are coming off more and more as a tabloid magazine.

Alisa said:
I don' t know what's going on with PdV. They are coming off more and more as a tabloid magazine.
Oh, you really think so? Their cover is not really what I buy it for that's true :) But the contenance of their articles has improved a lot these last years IMO. PDV these last years is not at all gossip...

December 2002. Die Actuelle "Prinzessin Mathilde. Zerbricht dieses Glück am 2. Baby?"

Could somebody translate the title? My German is very lousy :(:(:(:(

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,072
The title : "Princess Mathilde: does a second baby destroy this happiness?"

I have that magazine at home :) so if you want i can look for the article that went with it :)

Princess Mathilde.will this fortune fail (because)of a second baby!I think this would be a suitable translation. I think it was meant that Mathilde´s marriage will fail because they don´t get a second child. But I´m not sure.
The magazine was wrong because Mathilde´s marriage seems still working...:)

Thank you both :)

How would a marriage fail because there woudn't be a second child? The things they come up with to sell...

It would be nice to know what was written in the article, so if you have the time Martine, go ahead :)

Last edited:
The Belgian newspapers from October 25th, 2001. Bringing the news of the birth of princess Elisabeth :)

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 350
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 344
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 389
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 294
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 459
  • 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 369
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 391
More newspapers from that day...

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 432
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 410
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 385
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 344
1. Point de Vue : "Mathilde et Philippe à la conquête de la Thailande" (Filip and Mathilde conquer Thailand).

2. Royals : "Filip en mathilde. Hun Familiegeluk" (Filip and Mathilde. Their family happiness)

3 Royals : "Prinses Mathilde. Een godin in Mali" (Princess Mathilde. A godess in Mali)

A godess!! I love her too, but I woudn't dare to write that, especially since it's about her humaniarian work.

4. Philippe et Mathilde de Belgique (Filip and Mathilde of Belgium).

This is a special edition mag with photos of their wedding

5. Vorsten : "Steun voor vrouwen in Afrika. Prinses Mathilde in Mali". (A support for women in Africa. Princess Mathilde in Mali)

Attachments

• 5f_1_b.jpeg
    5f_1_b.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 1,106
  • 96_1_b.jpeg
    96_1_b.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 983
  • a0_1_b.jpeg
    a0_1_b.jpeg
    28.3 KB · Views: 976
  • c0_1_b.jpeg
    c0_1_b.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 1,057
  • ff_1_b.jpeg
    ff_1_b.jpeg
    22.9 KB · Views: 962
I love that I have yet to see her posing for some elaborate magazine photo shoot. The photos I've seen of her are either candids or, if she is posing, it seems casual and off-the-cuff. It makes her seem like an unpretentious and dignified woman who's behaving like a princess, not a fashion model.

I agree. This woman is very classy.

cp mathilde is wonderful. dignified, classy, and most of all genuine.

Last edited:
Brian_Ahern said:
I love that I have yet to see her posing for some elaborate magazine photo shoot. The photos I've seen of her are either candids or, if she is posing, it seems casual and off-the-cuff. It makes her seem like an unpretentious and dignified woman who's behaving like a princess, not a fashion model.
Totally agree!

Hannelore said:
Philippe et Mathilde de Belgique (Filip and Mathilde of Belgium).

This is a special edition mag with photos of their wedding

I've got this book:) , and it's great with a lot of picture"s about their childhood , engagement and wedding

thanks for letting us know Amilia :) I haven't got this one, but I'll look out for it in second hand bookshops!

1. "Philippe, Mathilde et Elisabeth. Chronique, témoignages et anecdotes autour d'une naissance princière" , Ed. Labor (2001) by Anne Quevrin.

"Filip, Mathilde and Elisabeth. Chronicle, stories and anecdotes around a princely birth"

I've got this book, a nice one with backround info on Filip and Mathilde, the education of all the Belgian crownprinces and a very precise review on the engagement, wedding, first two years of Mathilde as a princess, first pregnancy and the events around Elisabeth's birth.

(the author presents a very popular royalty magazine on RTL and is a personal friend of Laurent&Claire, she's on very good terms with the Belgian RF and aristocracy).

2. "Philippe et Mathilde" by Luc Corremans (Ed. J.M. Collet)

3. Story of 9 Dec. 1999 "Unforgettable"

Attachments

• zm1769261.jpg
    zm1769261.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 472
  • zm1769249.jpg
    zm1769249.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 462
Story of 19 Jan. 2002 "The new star of the palace, Elisabeth".

Story. "What a shame! Mathilde in Delphine's shadow"

Story of 13 Jan. 2000 "How well do you know the birthday princess? Mathilde's ABC" + free birthday card "Send her your personal wishes"

Story "Mathilde, queen of the ball"

Story of 19 May 2001 "Watch them radiate joy. Filip & Mathilde. The most beautiful spring of thir life"

Story of 21 April 2000 "Filip & Mathilde. Not yet captains of the ship".

Sorry I don't have a picture, but just thought I would mention that Mathilde made the cover of the recent issue of the Danish magazine 'Billed-Bladet'. It was a small picture where she was holding Emmanuel on the day they left the hospital. There were two pages with pictures and coverage of the birth in the magazine. All the pictures were from the first presentation of Emmanuel though, but I'm really happy 'Billed-Bladet' had two pages about the birth with more than one picture.

thanks for the info Mette2! Nice to hear about it.

1. Here are some covers of the Flemish magazine Humo. It's the best selling mag in Flanders, with over a million copies sold each week. I sould add that it's a combination of serious political interviews and researches, rock music and great humour, ranging from irony over sarcasm and absurd humour. The cover is always a faked photo or a posed one, but in such a way that it becomes funny. They make fun of people without really intending to hurt anyone.

This is the cover of the Humo of 30 Nov. 1999 "VIIIe work: Steal Filip's girlfriend" At the time there was a popular tv show, called "the XII works", presented by the guy next to Mathilde, where the host of the show always had to fulfill a seemingly impossible task. This one was -of course- a joke. He woudn't have succeeded anyway ;):)

2. Humo of 7 Dec. 1999 "Mathilde. Dreamprincess" A faked pic in case you're wondering ;):) It had a poster in the middle with the same photo.

Attachments

• cover_big.jpeg
    cover_big.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 468
  • cover_big.jpeg
    cover_big.jpeg
    60.2 KB · Views: 429
Mette2 said:
Sorry I don't have a picture, but just thought I would mention that Mathilde made the cover of the recent issue of the Danish magazine 'Billed-Bladet'. It was a small picture where she was holding Emmanuel on the day they left the hospital. There were two pages with pictures and coverage of the birth in the magazine. All the pictures were from the first presentation of Emmanuel though, but I'm really happy 'Billed-Bladet' had two pages about the birth with more than one picture.
Here it is from www.billedbladet.dk

Last edited:
Hannelore said:
thanks for the info Mette2! Nice to hear about it.

You're welcome Hannelore.:) The story behind the magazine Humo is very funny:D - thank you for sharing that, and for all the magazine covers you've posted.
Also thank you to everyone else who has posted these wonderful magazine covers. They're really great to watch, and it's fun to know what the headlines say.:)
Larzen thank you for provinding the cover for the recent issue of Billed-Bladet to support my post.:)

A special wedding magazine from newspaper het Volk

Attachments

• 10734064.jpg
    10734064.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 529
Please don't post images directly to the forum, use a photo-hosting website like Photobucket or Imageshack to share your pictures. From this point onwards, any pictures posted direclty will be deleted.

Thanks for your cooperation,

pdas1201
SuperModerator

The Point De Vue cover has to be my favorite so far.

Back
Top Bottom