King Philippe, Queen Mathilde and Family, General News 2, Sep. 2017 - Dec. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful. I love that they were not only present but the two youngest kids actually participated in the concert :flowers:

The Belgian royal family has arguably been probably the strongest IMO on how they handled the pandemic. They have been a wonderful example through it.

I remember Elisa having piano lessons.... Pity she didn't play....

This is a great idea!
I really hope the older children were able to be an active part of the show, maybe with a reading.

I'd love to actually hear the kids playing rather than only seeing pictures of them with their instruments. Any video perhaps?

The performance has been recorded, it will be broadcasted on December 20th so we will be able to see it afterwards, I suppose.

Last edited:
Princess Elisabeth looks like she's all set and ready to go, where Prince Gabriël's facial expression is the opposite. It's priceless, looking like "I'm so over these photoshoots :whistling:" :lol:?

Last edited:
Princess Elisabeth looks like she's all set and ready to go, where Prince Gabriël's facial expression is the opposite. It's priceless, looking like "I'm so over these photoshoots :whistling:" [emoji38]?
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] boys will be boys

Elisabeth seems to be wearing her mother's Cartier diamond earrings.

earrings

Last edited:
I'd love to actually hear the kids playing rather than only seeing pictures of them with their instruments. Any video perhaps?

It's in one of the previous posts. Eleonore played with a few others and Emanuel on his own.

Lovely photos and great that the Belgian children performed at the concert, I know the family is quite musical. Eleonore looks so grown up! It would've indeed have been nice to see Elisabeth play, but perhaps she's given up the piano, especially now she's at the military academy.

Lovely photos and great that the Belgian children performed at the concert, I know the family is quite musical. Eleonore looks so grown up! It would've indeed have been nice to see Elisabeth play, but perhaps she's given up the piano, especially now she's at the military academy.

I guess the younger ones had a bit more time to practice for the christmas concert. Elisabeth clearly wouldn't have time and isn't Gabriel in his final year of high school (and he is probably a bit less willing to play on national television - which I wouldn't blame him for)?

Knack, a Belgian serious current affairs magazine in Dutch language named 2020 an Annus Mirabilis for King Philippe. The year in which he was able finally to throw off the image of a goof, a whimp, a clumsy or wooden prince. His public reception of his half-sister Delphine was telling for the King's confidence in himself. In Knack insiders at the Court pointed to Queen Mathilde and his close-knit children, as the source of empowerment to the King.

Last edited:
Knack, a Belgian serious current affairs magazine in Dutch named 2020 an Annus Mirabilis for King Philippe. The year in which he was able finally to throw off the image of a goof, a whimp, a clumsy or wooden prince. His public reception of his half-sister Delphine was telling for the King's confidence in himself. In Knack insiders at the Court pointed to Queen Mathilde and his close-knit children, as the source of empowerment to the King.

Can't agree more. Belgium has a great king and an even more greater queen, and it shows.
And we all know the task was not easy ...

Last edited:
Receiving Delphine during 3 Hours will remain one of the best Events for this year for our King Philippe
He did the first step which allowed his Father King Albert II to invite Delphine at Belvedère Castle.

Front Page of Paris Match : Paola la mal aimée . I did not bought it and can't tell you why.

On TV yesterday evening and to day : the Queens of the Belgians.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Belgians are blessed by having a wonderful King and Queen.

Knack, a Belgian serious current affairs magazine in Dutch language named 2020 an Annus Mirabilis for King Philippe. The year in which he was able finally to throw off the image of a goof, a whimp, a clumsy or wooden prince. His public reception of his half-sister Delphine was telling for the King's confidence in himself. In Knack insiders at the Court pointed to Queen Mathilde and his close-knit children, as the source of empowerment to the King.

Also his behavior and his family's during the pandemic has been absolutely amazing: visiting prisons, nursing homes, hospitals, taking flowers and waffles to make their lives a bit more bearable, very active on Skype, getting the kids to call elderly people who were alone, openly discussing mental issues with young people, etc.

Philippe has proven his mettle as a great king, a great leader for his nation, he has a great queen by his side and his children are growing up to be amazing people, very well rounded and aware of their position but still had the opportunity to be "normal" teenagers in a way, much better raised than Philippe and his siblings were.

Here's a video of the whole Christmas show "Christmas with 11 millions" (Belgium currently has a population of 11 millions people), including a speech of King Philippe.

The family was filmed during Christmas visits to social communities. Gabriel and Eléonore volunteered in a neighborhood grocery store and warehouse, Elisabeth and Emmanuel visited the Home Saint Josep and Philippe and Mathilde visited the L'Arche community in Namur.

Last edited:
Here's a video of the whole Christmas show "Christmas with 11 millions" (Belgium currently has a population of 11 millions people), including a speech of King Philippe.

The family was filmed during Christmas visits to social communities. Gabriel and Eléonore volunteered in a neighborhood grocery store and warehouse, Elisabeth and Emmanuel visited the Home Saint Josep and Philippe and Mathilde visited the L'Arche community in Namur.

What an outstanding job they have been doing, I think it's the best in all European monarchies.

I love how they worked a lot with nursing homes, getting young people like Elisabeth and Emmanuel there is such an injection of goodwill and energy for those in the homes, I love how they were talking to the old lady who said she was a pianist and Emmanuel was like "oh I love music too, I play the saxo", such a lovely moment.

The footage of Elisabeth and Emmanuel with the nuns at the Home Saint Josep was wonderful and what a beautiful Belgian RF.

The footage of Elisabeth and Emmanuel with the nuns at the Home Saint Josep was wonderful and what a beautiful Belgian RF.

I loved the injection of energy and goodwill that two youngsters can bring to a nursing home.

And Gabriel + Eleonore at the food bank, helping as well.

Excellent stuff.

A very happy 48th Birthday to Queen Mathilde of Belgium. Very lovely Photo.

What a great picture, the image of a man who has finally found peace and his place in life.
Philippe looks relaxed, at ease, yet somehow quite regal.

Wim Dehandschutter made a podcast about his life, it's quite interesting (in Dutch) :

https://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20210415_93350909

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom