King Philippe, Queen Mathilde and Family, General News 2, Sep. 2017 - Dec. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new official photos of King Philippe and Queen Mathilde are simply wonderful and I really love the formal ones.
The Queen looks very regal.

All of the new official photos of King Philippe and Queen Mathilde are lovely. If I had to choose favorites, the first formal couple photo and then Mathilde alone in the informal photo.

I love the "regalia ones" particularly! It is beyond me why the british court seems to be unable to do photos like these, especially at the beginning of a new reign!

Indeed very regal portrait. I'm thinking will Elisabeth have her first regalia portrait on her father's 10th years on the throne.

I love the "regalia ones" particularly! It is beyond me why the british court seems to be unable to do photos like these, especially at the beginning of a new reign!
I think it has more to do with modernizing and not wanting to show what they have an Jewels etc.

Prior to the coronation, lovely pictures of the King and Queen, in white tie and tiara, were released.

The King, Prince Emmanuel, Princess Eléonore and Princess Caterina-Amalia were seen in Venice yesterday. It seems Elisabeth isn't the only Armani fangirl. :D

This morning the King was back in Belgium for the consecration of the new archbishop of Mechelen. I need to know what kind of vitamins he is taking.

Last edited:
Flying off to Italy for a fashion show. Lucky ducks. Venice is amazing.
Never thought Emmanuel was a fan but nice to see that maybe a future male royal fashionista is emerging ; )

What's so special about the Armani show that royals attended in a black tie dress?

Is there some link to Armani? Doesn't it hold a royal warrant from the Belgian Royal Court? Seems odd to me for so much prominence for a non Belgian brand. But I hope they had a fab time

They attended as private citizens. There was no special treatment for them, they weren't spotted in the front row.

The dress code for the event -which celebrates the 80th Venice International Film Festival and Armani’s affinity with the movie industry- was black tie. They dressed accordingly.
Emmanuel looked very dashing. Watch out.

Last edited:
They attended as private citizens. There was no special treatment for them, they weren't spotted in the front row.

The dress code for the event -which celebrates the 80th Venice International Film Festival and Armani’s affinity with the movie industry- was black tie. They dressed accordingly.
Emmanuel looked very dashing. Watch out.

The king need a beard

Is there some link to Armani? Doesn't it hold a royal warrant from the Belgian Royal Court? Seems odd to me for so much prominence for a non Belgian brand. But I hope they had a fab time

Notice Eleanor is wearing the dress from the national day event

Last edited by a moderator:
Love this! Although I loled at their security. Those poor guards wanted a quiet Sunday, but ended up cycling on cobblestone. :lol: :lol:

A couple of days ago the monarchy's social medias shared these three pictures of prince Emmanuel and the king. They were taken during the summer at Eau d'Heure, according to royal reporter Wim Dehandschutter. This is the largest lake area in Belgium.

A new documentary about King Philippe, "Philippe, one year with the King of Belgians", will be aired on RTBF and VRT (on 15 and 18 December, respectively). The maker of the documentary is Nicolas Delvaulx, the same journalist who made the 2022 documentary about Queen Paola, "Paola, côté jardin". He could follow King Philippe on his official visits, travels, and also on more private moments:

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2023/1...oning-filip-zoals-we-hem-nog-nooit-hebben-me/

A new documentary about King Philippe, "Philippe, one year with the King of Belgians", will be aired on RTBF and VRT (on 15 and 18 December, respectively). The maker of the documentary is Nicolas Delvaulx, the same journalist who made the 2022 documentary about Queen Paola, "Paola, côté jardin". He could follow King Philippe on his official visits, travels, and also on more private moments:

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2023/1...oning-filip-zoals-we-hem-nog-nooit-hebben-me/

That sounds like a wonderful documentary on the king!

Can someone explain what exactly king Philippe's role was in tackling the Coronavirus pandemic? According to the updated profile on their website, he played a role...

In his more than ten years on the throne, the King has overseen two government negotiations, and has played a role in tackling the coronavirus pandemic in Belgium.
Source

I remember he held a special speech to the nation in March 2020. I believe his British and Dutch collegues did the same (and the others as well probably). He and his family were very involved in various small initiatives to help f.e. the lonely and the elderly. Setting the example perhaps. And later on there were lots of zoom-calls and visits to COVID-related facilities. But other than that I don't remember much - and I lived in Belgium at the time. .

I remember he held a special speech to the nation in March 2020. I believe his British and Dutch collegues did the same (and the others as well probably). He and his family were very involved in various small initiatives to help f.e. the lonely and the elderly. Setting the example perhaps. And later on there were lots of zoom-calls and visits to COVID-related facilities. But other than that I don't remember much - and I lived in Belgium at the time. .

King Felipe VI also made a special speech because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

A trailer from the upcoming documentary about King Philippe (Filip, een jaar met de koning der belgen, in the Flemish version) by Nicolas Delvaulx, with some glimpses of Philippe's official activities and private moments. In these first images, we can also see Queen Mathilde, Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel,.Princess Eleonore, King Albert, Princess Claire and Princess Louise. It sounds interesting:

https://www.vrt.be/vrtmax/a-z/filip...p--een-jaar-met-de-koning-der-belgen-trailer/

A trailer from the upcoming documentary about King Philippe (Filip, een jaar met de koning der belgen, in the Flemish version) by Nicolas Delvaulx, with some glimpses of Philippe's official activities and private moments. In these first images, we can also see Queen Mathilde, Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel,.Princess Eleonore, King Albert, Princess Claire and Princess Louise. It sounds interesting:

https://www.vrt.be/vrtmax/a-z/filip...p--een-jaar-met-de-koning-der-belgen-trailer/

I loved the moment in the trailer where Phillipe is adjusting the buttons on the back of Mathilde's dress. ? It's such a typical moment between spouses.

Hopefully it is also available outside of Belgium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom