King Philippe, Q. Mathilde and Family, General News, Part 1 (July 2013 - Sept. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Belgian royal family is so elegant, but modern at the same time :) good combination :)

Great seeing the king and three of his kids participate :flowers: I love how they are traditional when required, but still connect with things like this :)

We saw on vtm Royalty the day before the wedding when Mathilde in an empty Cathedral had to try to walk , to sit, the kneel with her wedding dress. Funny !
Next week very last Royalty !

How long did they walk/run? Because they do not look as if they did 26 miles. ;)

According to the general info on the Warmathon a particpant can run as many rounds as he or she wants and a round is typically 2.5-3 kilometers, depending on the specific course set by the organisation where you participate

what a nice family event. great that the kids went.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for sharing those photos, eya. All the children look lovely - I didn't realise that they had a dog, either. Is it new or have I just missed something? It also looks as if these photos were taken in the summer because the background is very bright and green (Elisabeth looks a bit younger as well).

:previous:

Not all of the photos eya has posted are "new", some - like the portraits of Mathilde and Philippe and one of the children - were already taken in 2015.

And some pics of the newest 2016 set were already published. Plus: their family photos are often taken at the end of summer or in sunny autumn, which means a couple of months ago :flowers:

Not all of the photos eya has posted are "new", some - like the portraits of Mathilde and Philippe and one of the children - were already taken in 2015.

And some pics of the newest 2016 set were already published. Plus: their family photos are often taken at the end of summer or in sunny autumn, which means a couple of months ago :flowers:

I knew they were not exactly new...hence my surprise when Place Royal presented them as "new" :ermm:

I think when photos takes the summer or autumn but published now are new! But the best way to characterize them is new-old!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Those children are so beautiful, a perfect combination of their parents (although Emmanuel is a virtual clone of his father :D )

Those children are so beautiful, a perfect combination of their parents (although Emmanuel is a virtual clone of his father :D )

I can't help noticing how they all have Queen Astrid's nose, mouth and chin shape (except for Gabriel/ Gabriël).

A spokesperson states that King Filip and Queen Mathilde are now godparents to two seventh children apiece.

The custom has its origin between 1866 and 1873, shortly alter Leopold II became king [...] From then until WWI there were 50-60 godchildren of the King each year. In the period between the two World Wars the number diminished to about 20-30 each year. Since 1960 the numbers dropped to their lowest point until in 1980 the zero point was reached. Recently, however, there are again 1 to 2 each year.

The stipulations are that the child be the seventh in an unbroken line of seven children of the same gender and coming from the same marriage. The seven children must all be living and the parents must be of good moral character. Regarding those parents of foreign origin, it is desired that they live the entire time in Belgium and that the majority of their children are born in Belgium. All these conditions apply equally for the Queen to be godmother of the seventh daughter.

Seventh son
Baudouin had 679 godchildren, and Fabiola 260. The godchildren often bore the name of their godparent. About 70 godchildren still meet regularly and so there have been cases of a Baudouin marrying a Fabiola.

http://www.belgium.be/en/news/2010/news_brochure-belgische-monarchie
I wonder why there were 679 seventh sons but only 260 seventh daughters in the reign of King Baudouin.

Reactions: eya
So cute ...
She played twice one for the french speaking (happy Birthday) and the King said Eléonore Bravo.
And ather one , the King said Bedankt Eléonore

Isn't that wonderful,do we know where it was filmed?

Super super super cute, I love how Philippe has made their "shared" (only one day of difference) birthday more about Eleonore than about himself in the last years, remember the cute picture last year of the both of them?

Hasn't he said that she was the best birthday present he ever got?

You can tell he's such a loving father and that his children feel the same way about him :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom