King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 2 (Sept. 2017 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
I wonder about the dress code: the King in full gala, with uniform and his order while the Queen left hers at home and is not wearing a tiara.

Nice that they marked the King's accession. A pity not more relatives were able to attend / invited.

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde invited young people, who work in home care, for a dinner at Laeken this evening, November 16:

** instagram post **

Today, January 11, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted the first New Year's reception for 2024 - the reception for the chiefs of the diplomatic missions in Belgium:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

The second New Year's reception - for the heads of European institutions based in Brussels and the permanent representatives accredited to the European Union - took place today, January 23:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

To mark today's International Women's Day (March 8) King Philippe and Queen Mathilde invited guests from the academic and economic sectors for a lunch "dedicated to women in the world of science".

** Pic **

To mark today's International Women's Day (March 8) King Philippe and Queen Mathilde invited guests from the academic and economic sectors for a lunch "dedicated to women in the world of science".

** Pic **
Why are are 2 of the 8 guests men?

For a lunch 'dedicated to women in the world of science', I would expect the guests to be 'women in the world of science'. I am quite sure, there are more than 6 women that would qualify.

Yesterday evening, March 12, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted a dinner for Belgian high-level athletes and members of their sports management:

** Pic **

Back
Top Bottom