King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 2 (Sept. 2017 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
King Philippe and Queen Mathilde had a meeting with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and UN Deputy Secretary-General Amina Mohammed today, July 13:

** Pic ** rex gallery **

This is the entrance of the Palais Royal in the center of Brussels. The Kings had their office there. The Palace is now closed for Renovation. But some rooms are not
After Queen Astrid passed away no King is living at the Royal Palace.
King Leopold III and King Baudouin had their Residence at the Palace of Laeken.
King Albert II lived in the Palais du Belvédère , where he was since his Wedding.
King Philippe and Queen Mathilde are living at the Palace de Laeken again. Laeken is outside of the center of Brussels.

Today, July 19, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde received members of the federal government for a lunch at the Château de Laeken, on the occasion of King Philippe's 10 years of reign.

** Pic **

I don't remember exactly but she planned restaurations in the Royal before going on holiday in Switserland where so sadly she never came back . She was Queen only two Summers and their intention was perhaps to have their home at the Royal Palace. The renovations never started and King Leopold III went to Laeken.
Did King Leopold and Queen Astrid live at the Royal Palace?

Note from the Belgians for their Royals :
King Philippe 6/10
Queen Mathilde 6/10
Princess Elisabeth 6/10

To me the King deserves a 7/ 10 !

Last edited by a moderator:
Did King Leopold and Queen Astrid live at the Royal Palace?

At the start of their marriage they lived at the part of the royal palace that is now the Belvue Museum. Joséphine Charlotte was born there.

The family then moved to Stuyvenberg on the royal estate of Laeken where they lived untill Astrid's death.

King Filip and Queen Mathilde will host the 19th summit of the heads of state of the German-speaking countries on September 11-12. The event will take place in Brussels and Eupen.

King Filip and Queen Mathilde will host the 19th summit of the heads of state of the German-speaking countries on September 11-12. The event will take place in Brussels and Eupen.

Guest list summit:

Germany: President Frank-Walter Steinmeier
Austria: President Alexander Van der Bellen
Switzerland: President Alain Berset
Luxembourg: Grand Duke Henri
Liechtenstein: Hereditary Prince Alois

Hosts:

Belgium: King Philippe and Queen Mathilde

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde attended a mass at St. Rumbold's Cathedral in Mechelen during which Luc Terlinden officially assumed his duties as head of the Archdiocese of Mechelen-Brussels today, September 3:

** gva.be article ** rex gallery **

It is quite rare for someone to become a bisshop and immediately be appointed as the archbisdhop of a church province as well. Is it known why none of the current bisshops in Belgium was given this post?

It's probably a political and strategically move. The new Archbishop is also considerably younger than when his predecessors were appointed.

Yesterday, September 5, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde received young people who had taken part in the Catholic World Youth Days in Lisbon last month (with thanks to garderoberoyale.be!):

** Pic **

This evening, September 7, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde attended the gala evening of the "Streekfonds Oost-Vlaanderen", a fund managed by the King Baudouin Foundation:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

Here are some more photos of day 1 of the summit of the heads of state of German-speaking countries in Belgium today, September 11:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

That is such a nice idea to get together on such an occasion and talk about the things that they have in common!

Greetings from Burgundy, France (on holiday in that beautiful part of France)

Yesterday evening, September 16, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde attended a concert by the La Monnaie Symphony Orchestra and soprano Jodie Devos, organized by the Association of Patented Suppliers of the Court of Belgium on the occasion of the 10 years of reign of the King.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

They couldn't possibly be more ideal. The Belgians are so lucky.

Certainly been a wonderful ten years of him on the throne :flowers:

I can't help but think Baudouin and Fabiola are smiling down seeing him reign. I am sure he does his Uncle who he was so close to proud.

They couldn't possibly be more ideal. The Belgians are so lucky.

I agree. Elegant, discreet, dignified, low drama, devoted to country and one another.

I have seen them described as "dull" on another site but I think they are wonderful. My favorite King and Queen, along with the Bhutanese Royal couple.?

I agree. Elegant, discreet, dignified, low drama, devoted to country and one another.

I have seen them described as "dull" on another site but I think they are wonderful. My favorite King and Queen, along with the Bhutanese Royal couple.?

I absolutely agree with you!

Back
Top Bottom