King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 2 (Sept. 2017 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I see pictures of Events and Receptions I always wonder how long the Royals are staying.
When King Albert II inaugurated the Memorial Kaserne Dossin in Mechelen the place for Prisonners before going to Auschwitz - Birkenhau he stayed 20 minutes and did not great the families of the Victims who were waiting.

Last edited:
Today, December 1, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde received persons to whom a noble favour or an honorary distinction has been granted:

** rex gallery ** monarchie.be gallery **

Last edited:
Today, January 24, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted the New Year's reception for the heads of the European institutions and the diplomats and chiefs of mission (ambassadors and consuls) accredited to the European institutions:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted the New Year's reception for the Secretary General of NATO, the Permanent Representatives, the members of the International Secretariat and the Military Representatives to NATO, as well as the Officers General of SHAPE today, January 26:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
To mark today's International Women's Day, March 8, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted "a lunch for women who have left their mark on their sector":

** Pic **

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde visited the Royal Museum for Fine Arts Antwerp today, April 27. The museum had reopened in September 2022 after a major renovation and expansion:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Yesterday evening, May 23, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted a dinner for 28 young Belgian researchers:

** Pic **

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde attended Founder's Day a the Royal Hospital Chelsea in London today, June 8:

** rex gallery **

Query if they are quietly nipping into BP for some time with the King & Queen.

Oh boy. I remember when they took that same picture with Elizabeth.

It's a very low-key foreign visit, isn't it?

Strange, here in Belgium no media speak of this visit.

2023, marking the 60th anniversary year to late King Baudoin´s state visit to Britain, would have been a great opportunity to do the first belgian state visit ever in 60 years (!!!) to the UK...!

2023, marking the 60th anniversary year to late King Baudoin´s state visit to Britain, would have been a great opportunity to do the first belgian state visit ever in 60 years (!!!) to the UK...!

Indeed but it seems the british Goverments have no Interest in inviting the King and Queen of the Belgians for an State Visit to the UK. Better inviting the US-President (it's not as there has not been a State Visit from the US in recent years).

Does anyone know why the royal couple were at the Founder's Day parade and events? I'm surprised no British royal was there but I cannot fathom why the Belgian King and Queen were present.

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde hosted a reception for a delegation from the European Parliament at Laeken Castle today, June 28. The meeting was organized „on the occasion of the 70th anniversary of the European Parliament and ahead of the Belgian Presidency of the Council of the European Union in the first half of 2024“:

https://www.rexfeatures.com/set/13989229
https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photo...se=Reception Laeken June 28, 2023&sort=newest

The King‘s speech in English:

https://www.monarchie.be/fr/agenda/...-loccasion-du-70eme-anniversaire-du-parlement

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom