King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, Current Events, Part 1 (July 2013 - Sept. 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The King signing Child Euthanasia Law...a real shame. How can he declares himself Catholic and accept such a Law?

Everybody is entitled to their own believes and values and i'm not trying to 'convince' people or anything, but for me
Euthanasia, provided it is used with great care and only after trying to find any other solution, can be a solution for people whose suffering is considered inhumane and without other means to end the suffering.

I recently saw a documentary about a women who had suffered for years and years and nobody could help her and eventually in her desparation she committed suicide by jumping of a tall building (several saw her action and were left traumatized); i couldn't help but thinking that had this woman be allowed to die with grace and dignity that would have been better for a lot of people
(btw, i'm also a catholic..)

Thanks for the photos of King Philippe and Queen Mathilde and their children in Verbier, iceflower. :flowers: Princess Elisabeth has gotten really tall now, as has Eleonore! Verbier seems to be a popular Winter Holiday destination with the royals, Prince Harry went there last year (or was it the year before?) with Cressida and The Danish CP Family go there often.

The King signing Child Euthanasia Law...a real shame. How can he declares himself Catholic and accept such a Law?

Perhaps Philippe was told by an official who supported the Child Euthanasia Law that he should sign the Law documents, because as others have pointed out, there would be some criticism if he refused. Although some of us are criticising Philippe for signing the Law, so I guess this is a situation where he will be criticized if he doesn't, and criticized if he does.

The last time Grand Duke Henry refused to sign a law because of his beliefs, "... it was announced by Minister of State Jean-Claude Juncker that a Constitutional Amendment would be proposed, whereby the signature of the monarch would no longer be necessary for a law to take effect" (Wikipedia). King Philippe may dislike the law, but he has to avoid any crises.

This question is off-topic in this thread so my apologies, but just out of curiosity, what was the law that Grand Duke Henri refused to sign? Did they ever make it a law in Luxembourg?

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde received UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon and his wife at Laeken Castle yesterday, April 1.

** Pic ** belga gallery **

No King Philippe changed , all the audiences are now at the Brussel's Royal Palace in front of the Parliament . His Father did all in Laeken , living in Belvedere Castle it is just across the road. The belgian politics appreciate very much.
For the President of China and the Secretary General it was more official !

No King Philippe changed , all the audiences are now at the Brussel's Royal Palace in front of the Parliament . His Father did all in Laeken , living in Belvedere Castle it is just across the road. The belgian politics appreciate very much.
For the President of China and the Secretary General it was more official !

Is the caption for the photo at #96, above, incorrect, that refers to Laeken?

Is the caption for the photo at #96, above, incorrect, that refers to Laeken?

if you're referring to the Ban Ki Moon picture that was a dinner...they keep on holding those sorts of things in Laeken probably because there's more room in it for repections - larger state rooms for State Banquets.

The Royal Palace we may visit from July 25th to September 7th for free has huge historical Rooms such as the Throne room where King Leopold III and Albert's Abdications took place.
Also happily King Baudouin civil Wedding in 1960.
The King and the Queen are living in Laeken and the Greenhouses are open to the Public now. It is their nicest moment of the year.

The Royal Palace we may visit from July 25th to September 7th for free has huge historical Rooms such as the Throne room where King Leopold III and Albert's Abdications took place.
Also happily King Baudouin civil Wedding in 1960.
The King and the Queen are living in Laeken and the Greenhouses are open to the Public now. It is their nicest moment of the year.

Also Hôtel Bellevue, in a wing of Brussels Palace, is open year round (I believe), containing the Museum of the Dynasty, and is fascinating. I have visited there several times.

The King and Queen and the Duchess of Brabant, Princess Elisabeth, attend a performance of the musical '14-18' at the Nekkerhal in Mechelen

Pic1 Pic2

(source) gettyimages.com

Last edited:
Elisabeth is growing so much! She really likes music so it's nice that they bring her to acts she can enjoy :)

Elisabeth is becoming a beautiful little woman :wub: :wub: just like her mum.
Is there any video of the event?

Thank you for the video!
Lovely family and seems that they enjoyed the evening.

People remain sitting when the King the Queen and the Princess came in ?

People remain sitting when the King the Queen and the Princess came in ?

same thought....I understand that probably there's a more relaxed attitude towards the young generation of royals...but we're still talking about the head of state, his wife and his daughter (hopefully future head of state). they should show a little more respect...

Elisabeth is so like Philippe, it's lovely. She also comes across quite shy but I like that.

found a video of the "night at the musical" on Royalty
can please someone who speaks flemish briefly translate it for us? :flowers:

The King and Queen are visiting Poland on 4 June, to take part in the official commemorations of the 25th anniversary of the first (partially) free elections in Poland. Other royal guests include the Grand Duke of Luxembourg and Earl of Wessex. Besides that, several dozen of republican heads of state and government, including President Barack Obama of the United States. More info in a special thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...the-first-free-elections-in-poland-37016.html

Last edited:

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde at the Holy Mass for freedom as part of the 'Freedom Day' celebrations at the St. John's Archcathedral in Warsaw, Poland, June 4, 2014.

** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk ** facetoface **

Thanks, iceflower! :) I'll repost your links on this special thread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...the-first-free-elections-in-poland-37016.html

East News Poland agencja fotograficzna - Obchody 25-lecia Wolności, strona 1
one more gallery, more photos

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom