It's a boy! Emmanuel Léopold Guillaume François Marie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the way Mathilde looks at Emmanuel! He's really cute and seems like a good baby. I can't wait until we see all three kids (for right now) grown up. It seems like they'll be very good siblings to each other. And Elisabeth and Gabriel are adorable too of course.

what an absolutely beautiful baby!! His birth just adds to the already wonderful crown princely family!

Mathilde breastfed Elisabeth and Gabriel, so I guess Emmanuel will get breastfeeding too.

Breastfeeding has become quite popular again in Europe the past years, Mathilde said that she believed it to be best for the baby (at the time Elisa was born I think).

If you would like to send a card with your best wishes the address is:

Brederodestraat 16
1000 Brussels

You'll get a thank you card back.

Oh he is cute. His facial expressions are very cute too....like in this one http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=202673
its almost like he is unimpressed with everything. And then this one http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=202675 he is saying "Ok I'm bored now...let's go home" And this one he looks like he say something that he couldn't believe http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=202674
I just love the facial expressions of babies...they can be so cute!

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Belga.be :

thanks everybody for the wonderfull picture's , the new prince is so cute !:)

I think this is a great time for prince Gabriel . He doesn't have to go to school yet , and now he's home with his mother and his new baby brother !

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Here's a video of today:

http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm

Maandag 10/10, 13u, 17:05

A summery:

She said Elisabeth and Gabriel are both overjoyed with the new brother. Gabriel is very generous, and wants to share all his toys with Emmanuel, but Mathilde gets a little frightened when he starts hovering his toy tractor over his little brother's head. Philippe added that Elisabeth acts very resonsably towards Emmanuel.

Thanks for the recount of the press conference Catherine! :)

The tractor story was very cute! Nice of Gabriel to want to share his toys with his baby brother already! Very nice to see that Elisabeth and Gabriel have adapted well and received their baby brother happily and are not jealous of him or experiencing any sibling rivalry.

I agree! The pictures are so beautiful. Thanks for posting.

Translation

Filip and Mathilde talk heart-to-heart with the press about the new baby.

First press conference for Mathilde, mother for the third time.

BRUSSELS "We made you wait a while, but it was the little one who was in charge of the agenda"

The tone is set.

In the small conference room of the ... psychiatric ward, at the 9th floor of the hospital, where 4 palm trees were quickly installed to act as decoration, it's an incredibly relaxed princely couple who come to talk about their impressions after the birth of their baby, prince Emmanuel, before leaving the Erasmus clinic under applause and cheers.

Rather unusual, princess Mathilde - wearing an autumn coat, navy blue pants and wine coloured mules - is pushed into the spotlight. At the 2 previous births, it was Filip who did the talking.

A motherly look resting on her baby that's sleeping in a beige little coat with a pom-pom dangling at the end of the hood, the princess radiated joy. "Because there's been more than enough talking with and about me these last days, we're going to focus on my wife" , the prince insists, before letting her do the talking.

"I'm delighted to present Emmanuel to the Belgian population, the princess declares. It's an easy baby. He eats well and has slept untill 5 a.m.! We hope he'll continue like this. My pregnancy went very well. I carried out my official duties untill the very last moment."

Why did you decide to give birth in a completely natural way?

"That's a choice that belongs to my private life. All mothers know what it's like. Giving birth is each time an incredibly important moment you want to live to he fullest. Each birth is different. I was very happy my husband was present."

How did princess Elisabeth and prince Gabriel react when they heard they had a little brother ?

"They were very happy with their little brother. Gabriel is very generous with his brother. But I'm a bit scared when he arrives with his toy tractor" the princess jokingly added. "Elisabeth behaves very responsable: she already feels she's the big sister."

Who does Emmanuel resemble ?

"You can judge for yourselves! He has Elisabeth's eyes. So I think he looks like you, says Mathilde turning lovingly to her husband. Because Elisabeth looks a lot like you."

Prince Filip promised us to explain the choice of the name 'Emmanuel' : why this name ?

"As I said, the prince answers, it's in the first place the choice of our heart. we think this name suits him." When asked about the religious significance of the name - Emmanuel is Hebrew for God is amongst us - prince Filip adds : That's a way of looking at it, but it was in the first place the choice of our heart." at any rate Emmanuel doesn't refer to a friend our acquaintance of the couple. And if it was a girl, would she have been called Emmanuelle ? No, we would have chosen another name then. I think Emmanuel is more of a boy's name."

You're a big family now, are you thinking of having more children ?

"We'll need a little time! One thing at a time. we're very happy with our 3 children. we're going to enjoy the children now and take the time to be with Emmanuel and to find our new place in the family. It's true, we're a large family now...I already noticed it enough when I went to pick up Elisabeth from school, then Gabriel from the nanny, before driving to the hospital to meet their little brother" Filip joked, the happy father of a large family now.

Translation : the rest of the article

BRUSSELS. Two chefs, with their hats firmly on their head were present at the photoshoot in the entrance hall of the Erasmus clinic, where the staff was assembled, in front of a mass of curious fans, visitors and patients in pyjama...

We already mentioned it on Friday : there was no outside catering or a special cook from court for Mathilde's third stay at the maternity ward of the Erasmus hospital. At Erasmus Mathilde (and Filip sometimes too we're told) ate what the soup kitchen served, just like the other patients.

"It's our usual team that did the cooking, a spokesperson from Sodexho explains. But it's a fact that our staff wuld have been willing to fulfill any of the princess's wishes. We made balanced healthy meals for her, like for all the other patients."

No whims for Mathilde! Even though the princess and the baby were isolated from the rest of the maternity ward, they were installed in a seperate wing of the gynealogical services, the princess was treated like the other mothers.

Yesterday the couple also insisted that the volunteers of the Red Cross, who were there since Tuesday to help out with all the presents and flowers, also posed with them for the photos, and thanked them warmly. Court asked them to take note of all the names and addresses of people bringing a big or humble present : they will all be personally thanked.

That's why the princes were largely behind on scheme when they finally left the hospital, in the back of an Audi A8, with the new baby snug in his maxi cosy between mom and dad.

And the last part ...

" a ray of sunshine"

BRUSSELS. No way of letting the baby being carried by an unknown person! When, at the end of the press conference, Emmanuel opens his eyes and hiccups a few times, prince Filip who's taken over the baby from Mathilde, doesn't seem very keen on giving a positive answer to one of the Flemish journalists who asks to hold the baby: "I'm a very jealous father" the prince said with a smile, before giving his final concluson, very emotionally:
"Mathilde and I realize we bring a bit of joy to certain people. And it makes us happy because we know there are a lot of people who don't have an easy life. There's a lot of drama in the world, even yesterday, in Pakistan. I visited some of the patients here in the hosital. We're deeply touched to be able to bring a little ray of sunshine to those who need it."
And by shaking the little baby's arm as a goodbye, the couple left.

SOURCE : DHNET.BE

Thank you very much for the article Hannelore, and for taking the time to translate it.:) Still can't believe that a reporter asked if he/she could hold Emmanuel. Great and sweet answer by Philippe. Very sweet gesture from Philippe that he visited patients.

A very big thank you to Hannelore for translating the article! :) It's so nice to hear their thoughts on the new addition to their family, and the fact that she didn't get special treatment (i.e. different food to everyone else, etc) while in hospital. They're such a down-to-earth and caring family. I'm a bit worried about Gabriel and his tractors near the baby though. :eek:

Thank you for translating the article, Hannelore -- as was mentioned above, it only confirms what a wonderful couple the Phillippe and Mathilde are.

From Newscom.

Attachments

• gamma242914.jpeg
    gamma242914.jpeg
    36.1 KB · Views: 179
  • gamma242918.jpeg
    gamma242918.jpeg
    34.5 KB · Views: 213
  • gamma242896.jpeg
    gamma242896.jpeg
    35 KB · Views: 172
  • gamma242895.jpeg
    gamma242895.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 169
  • gamma242899.jpeg
    gamma242899.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 153
  • gamma242900.jpeg
    gamma242900.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 160
  • gamma242908.jpeg
    gamma242908.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 261
  • gamma242907.jpeg
    gamma242907.jpeg
    32.7 KB · Views: 186
  • gamma242906.jpeg
    gamma242906.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 178
  • gamma242903.jpeg
    gamma242903.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 196
From Newscom.

Attachments

• gamma242891.jpeg
    gamma242891.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 179
  • gamma242877.jpeg
    gamma242877.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 165
  • gamma242884.jpeg
    gamma242884.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 233
  • gamma242883.jpeg
    gamma242883.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 144
  • gamma242882.jpeg
    gamma242882.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 189
  • gamma242890.jpeg
    gamma242890.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 155
  • gamma242889.jpeg
    gamma242889.jpeg
    38.2 KB · Views: 172
  • gamma242888.jpeg
    gamma242888.jpeg
    38.5 KB · Views: 204
  • gamma242894.jpeg
    gamma242894.jpeg
    35.5 KB · Views: 169
  • gamma242893.jpeg
    gamma242893.jpeg
    35.1 KB · Views: 186
From Newscom and picturedesk/contrast.

Attachments

• 6528236.jpg
    6528236.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 182
  • 6528244.jpg
    6528244.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 6528245.jpg
    6528245.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 6528246.jpg
    6528246.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 182
  • gamma242875.jpeg
    gamma242875.jpeg
    28.2 KB · Views: 159
  • gamma242874.jpeg
    gamma242874.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 176
  • gamma242873.jpeg
    gamma242873.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 186
  • gamma242872.jpeg
    gamma242872.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 196
  • gamma242879.jpeg
    gamma242879.jpeg
    31.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 6528247.jpg
    6528247.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 188
From picturedesk/contrast and Van Parys Media.

Attachments

• 6528235.jpg
    6528235.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 168
  • 6528234.jpg
    6528234.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 6528233.jpg
    6528233.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 6528232.jpg
    6528232.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 366
  • VPM_EmmanEra002.jpg
    VPM_EmmanEra002.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 212
  • VPM_EmmanEra001.jpg
    VPM_EmmanEra001.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 201
  • VPM_EmmanEra003.jpg
    VPM_EmmanEra003.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 193
  • VPM_EmmanEra019.jpg
    VPM_EmmanEra019.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 195
  • VPM_EmmanEra020.jpg
    VPM_EmmanEra020.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 196
  • VPM_EmmanEra021.jpg
    VPM_EmmanEra021.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
From Van Parys Media.

Attachments

• VPM_EmmanuEras030.jpg
    VPM_EmmanuEras030.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 204
  • VPM_EmmanuEras009.jpg
    VPM_EmmanuEras009.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 210
  • VPM_EmmanuEras008.jpg
    VPM_EmmanuEras008.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 196
  • VPM_EmmanuEras006.jpg
    VPM_EmmanuEras006.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 222
  • VPM_EmmanuEras011.jpg
    VPM_EmmanuEras011.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 211
  • VPM_EmmanuEras007.jpg
    VPM_EmmanuEras007.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 215
  • VPM_EmmanEra007.jpg
    VPM_EmmanEra007.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 203
  • VPM_EmmanEra006.jpg
    VPM_EmmanEra006.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 183
  • VPM_EmmanEra005.jpg
    VPM_EmmanEra005.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 191
Seeing the onslaught of pictures being posted in this thread, in the interest of bandwidth, I would like to make a few things clear.

Please go back and check whether the pictures you have posted haven't already been posted before. I know this may cause some inconvenience, as you'll have to go back and look at all the posts, but this will prevent further drainage to the bandwidth.

As most agencies have same or similar pictures available, some discretion on the part of the poster is required. As stated before by other moderators, "Keep in mind, Quality not Quantity."

Please don't hesitate to contact a moderator or administrator for any questions you may have regarding picture posting.

pdas1201
SuperModerator

congratulations to Mathilde & Phillipe! They must be thrilled =] have any godparents been named yet? ^___^

hillary_nugent said:
have any godparents been named yet? ^___^

Emmanuel's godparents will be his aunt Elisabeth d'Udekem d'Acoz(sp?) and Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume of Luxembourg.

dianafan said:
The real address for to send a card on mathilde and philippe is:
Prins Filip en Prinses Mathilde
Koninklijk paleis
Brederodestraat 16
1000 Brussel
Belgium
I hope that I can help you!

I have send my cart , now I hope I will get one back:D !

I'am from Belgium bet I almost wait 3 months when I have a answer of the royal family, ist the secretariat that the post sent not the prince of princess and er are many people that send a card to the royal palace, i most wait to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom