It's a boy! Emmanuel Léopold Guillaume François Marie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Belgian Crown Prince Philippe signs his new born son Prince Emmanuel's birth certificate at Anderlecht Town Hall, a suburb of Brussels, October 7, 2005. Pictures Reuters

Attachments

• r3351896453.jpg
    r3351896453.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 215
  • r3747689667.jpg
    r3747689667.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 237
  • r3349888877.jpg
    r3349888877.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 219
  • r139501787.jpg
    r139501787.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 231
  • r1741005436.jpg
    r1741005436.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 211
Congratulations to the parents and princess Elisabeth. I had hoped, as always, for a little princess and sister for prinsess Elisabeth. Well, perhaps the next time it will be a girl.

And of course congrats to prince Gabriel, too. I just forgot him for a moment.

Quite curious names Matilde and Philippe have choosen for their boys, Gabriel and Emmanuel. They are quite old names, I think. Elisabeth is a very nice name.

misshelen said:
Belgian Crown Prince Philippe signs his new born son Prince Emmanuel's birth certificate at Anderlecht Town Hall, a suburb of Brussels, October 7, 2005. Pictures Reuters

As you can see Emmanuel received a huge teddybear, for the other 2 there were presents as well: a party game for Elisabeth and an indian's tent (how do you call that...a tipi ?) for Gabriel.

The birth certifcate was read in Flemmish and French by mayor Jacques Simonet and then signed by prince Filip, and 8 witnesses: dignitaries from court, people from Filip's entourage (amongst which I recognized Machteld Fostier, Mathilde's advisor) and county clerks.

Thank you for keeping us updated, Hannelore, Catharine and Mette2. I really appreciate it. And yes, tepee or teepee or tipi are all considered correct spellings of the Indian tent!

A big thanks to everyone who posted pictures from today, the children are all so adorable and sweet - and Emmanuel is such a sweetie! What a happy family, they all look so happy and warm. I wish them all the best.

juliamontague said:
I always just see this advertisment video:( :( :(

The same happends with me! :( :confused: :(

A little late, but nontheless, Congratulations to Philippe and Matilde!! What an adorable baby! A beautiful family! The kids are all adorable looking! ^^

Marengo said:
Congratulations to the couple!!! And what a lovely name it is! Very biblical (like Gabriel and Elisabeth).
Which Guillaume of Luxembourg is godfather? The hereditairy Grand Duke or his uncle (I assume his uncle).
Hi im new at the forum..Im paula and regarding your question The Hereditary Gran Duke will be his godfather.. Here i leave some images..kises for all!

You can see some images..in www.corbis.com putting Prince Emmanuel

Facts About the birth

Hi!! Again!! here I have found some facts about the birth:
His Royal Highness Prince Emmanuel of Belgium (Emmanuel Leopold Guillaume François Marie von Wettin), born October 4, 2005 at 13.06h (CET) in the Erasmus Hospital in Anderlecht, is third child of HRH Prince Philippe, Duke of Brabant and his wife HRH Princess Mathilde, Duchess of Brabant. The child was 3.9 kg and 50 cms at birth. He is a grandchild of Albert II of Belgium.

Prince Emmanuel currently is fourth in line to the Belgian throne after his father, his sister Elisabeth and brother Gabriel. His godparents will be countess Elisabeth d'Udekem d'Acoz and Guillaume, Hereditary Grand Duke of Luxembourg.

Last edited by a moderator:
pauli_170291 said:
Hi!! Again!! here I have found some facts about the birth:
His Royal Highness Prince Emmanuel of Belgium (Emmanuel Leopold Guillaume François Marie von Wettin), .

His name is Emmanuel etc. van België / de Belgique / von Belgien. He belongs to the royal house of Saksen-Coburgh, the name "von Wettin" is wrong.

Last edited:
Hannelore said:
The birth certifcate was read in Flemmish and French by mayor Jacques Simonet and then signed by prince Filip, and 8 witnesses: dignitaries from court, people from Filip's entourage (amongst which I recognized Machteld Fostier, Mathilde's advisor) and county clerks.

I also recognized Jacques van Yperseele de Strihou, the chef of the king's cabinet.

Hi im Paula and Im new at this forum..i hope we have an excellent relationship..I ve already posted some messages ...this forum is really great..kisses for all of you

pauli_170291 said:
Hi im Paula and Im new at this forum..i hope we have an excellent relationship..I ve already posted some messages ...this forum is really great..kisses for all of you

Be welcome Paula! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, Emmanuel is so big - 3,900 kg and 50 cm is so much for a natural delivery. Mathilde was incredible for gaving birth to a big baby and without any medicine.
Oh, and the pictures of the family are lovely!

pauli_170291 said:

welcome!:)

I think it is so sweet to see that Philippe was so emotional when he talked about the birth to the press (certainly the video in french). When Elisabeth was born -in a difficult way- the press asked Philippe if he was nervous. Like a real man he said: " I'm a pilot, I'm calm", but now we know better : ) It's so touching that he had to cry because of happiness, while normaly we see him as a calm and down-to-earth person.

The couple just gave a press conference.

Filip explained that the name "Emmanuel" was rather a choice from the heart than a religiously inspired name. They liked Emmanuel for a boy better than Emmanuelle for a girl.

Mathilde said she had a perfect pregnancy and a completely natural birth.

During the press conference Emmanuel woke up shortly, he yawned and hiccuped :). The couple was visibly relaxed and very happy.

Mathilde and her new son will leave hospital in a few minutes ...

Are there any photo's when Mathilde and emmanuel go home?

Princess Mathilde looks wonderful, beautiful and radiant.:) Lovely photos, Thanks you.;)

Phillip looks so handsome !;)

Mathilde told that she recognize Philip in little Emmanuel , so cute !

All pictures without exception are great.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=202028
But this one is just wonderfull, the way Philippe touches Mathilde's face, the way Mathilde is holding her new treasure and touching Philippe's hand and... that bare foot, Emmanuel lost his shoe. Just Lovely!!!
And very nice pictures in their way out from the Hospital. Thank you all for finding and posting it. :)

mtbcm said:
All pictures without exception are great.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=202028
But this one is just wonderfull, the way Philippe touches Mathilde's face, the way Mathilde is holding her new treasure and touching Philippe's hand and... that bare foot, Emmanuel lost his shoe. Just Lovely!!!
And very nice pictures in their way out from the Hospital. Thank you all for finding and posting it. :)

I think this one is the WORST. :mad:
It is like he is holding her face in place so she'll look at the camera like she doesn't know how to do it herself.
It seems possessive. :mad:

Vicomtesse said:
I think this one is the WORST. :mad:
It is like he is holding her face in place so she'll look at the camera like she doesn't know how to do it herself.
It seems possessive. :mad:

I don't see it that way at all. Seems like a very loving gesture from him to her.

More pics from newscom

Attachments

• sipaphotos308139.jpg
    sipaphotos308139.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 233
  • rtrlive075939.jpg
    rtrlive075939.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 276
  • rtrlive075923.jpg
    rtrlive075923.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 235
  • rtrlive075884.jpg