It's a boy! Emmanuel Léopold Guillaume François Marie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
liv said:
Prince Emmanuel will be 4th in line. After Philippe,Elisabeth,Gabriel.:)
Ok..thanks for informing :)..and Congratulations to the Prince and Princess' new baby boy!!

In the news this evening Philliphe told that he and Mathilde didn't know that the baby was a boy . He also told that Mahtilde had deliverd naturel , without any drug or something :) .

Last edited:
Mathilde is said to entered the hospital around 8 o´clock.

Mathilde have natural birth? or c-section?

Sara Boyce

congrats to the beautiful belgium family.

As Emilia said she had a natural birth!

If Mathilde went into the hospital at 8 AM, my guess is they had a short night of sleep! No wonder Phillippe looks tired! Congratulations to this dear family!

Oh, Congratulations to them!!!! :)

On the news they told that the first picture's of Prince Emmanuel will come this weekend , when he goes home with his mother and father . Prince Phillipe was very emotional when the press asked him some questions . He also said he was very pround on his wife . Maybe the Prince will answer some questions in the following days , about choosing the names and things like that . Emmanuel means something like " God and all the people". And maybe they have chosen Francois because it's the nameday of Francois
The King and Queen , and Mathilde's parents already have visit their new grandchild . Princess Astrid and Lorenz are in Germany , but the Princess told she was verry happy for her brother and her sister-in-law
Emmanuel is born on a very special day . Today it's the 175 anniversary of the independent of Belgium

Congratulations to the couple lovely name! Pictures from Reuters without watermark part 1

Attachments

• r2344260435.jpg
    r2344260435.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 341
  • r3463088190.jpg
    r3463088190.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 331
  • r4215782221.jpg
    r4215782221.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 417
  • r3607845364.jpg
    r3607845364.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 336
  • r3388719262.jpg
    r3388719262.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 324
  • r2190890507.jpg
    r2190890507.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 387
Pictures from Reuters without watermark part 2

Attachments

• r138588582.jpg
    r138588582.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 358
  • r526229321.jpg
    r526229321.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 323
  • r1222415903.jpg
    r1222415903.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 494
  • r1734931939.jpg
    r1734931939.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 352
  • r1873629010.jpg
    r1873629010.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 401
Thank you for the beautiful pictures, Misshelen -- and without the watermark already and I didn't even have to ask!! Thanks again!

Thank you Emilia. Usually there was a photoshoot before they left the hospital.Nice to hear that also Mathilde´s parents visited their grandchild.(BTWMathilde´s children are the only grandchildren, or?)So Mathilde must feel very good,so many visitors on the day of the delivery.
Why are Astrid/Lorenz in Germany?

Prince Emmanuel Léopold Guillaume François Marie was born today at 13h06 at the Erasme hospital in Brussels.

Around 8h15 princess Mathilde was brought to the hospital, prince Philippe was of course with her all the time.

the baby weighs 3,900 grams and mesures 50 cm.

It was a natural birth, without anaesthesia. Prince Philippe said "It was a difficult birth, but my wife is fantastic". They didn't know beforehand whether it would be a boy or a girl.

Godmother is Mathilde's younger sister, countess Elisabeth d'Udekem d'Acoz and godfather is Philippe's (son of) cousin hereditary prince Guillaume of Luxemburg.

No photos yet of prince Emmanuel, the family wants to enjoy their privacy a bit first, we'll see the new prince when Mathilde leaves hospital. It hasn't been anounced yet when this will be.

Elisabeth and Gabriel have come to admire their new brother, just like Philippe and Mathilde's parents.

Emmanuel is born on the exact 175th birthday of Belgium's independance.

Emmanuel is fourth in line of succession to the throne.

The name Emmanuel isn't uncommon in Belgium, like Elisabeth and Gabriel it is a classical, biblical name that mostly appears in upperclass families.

(info: cathérine)

congratulation to the new parents ~!!!!!! hope to see the little Emmanuel sooooon~!

liv said:
Thank you Emilia. Usually there was a photoshoot before they left the hospital.Nice to hear that also Mathilde´s parents visited their grandchild.(BTWMathilde´s children are the only grandchildren, or?)So Mathilde must feel very good,so many visitors on the day of the delivery.
Why are Astrid/Lorenz in Germany?

Yes , Elisabeth , Gabriel and now newborn Emmanuel are the only grandchildren of Anne and Patrick ( parents of Mahtilde ).
Astrid and Lorenz visinting something in Germany. Tommorow they (the press)
also expect a visit of Elisabeth ( godmother) , and maybe this week also Emmanuel's godfather will visit him . I can't wait to see the picture's of the little prince ! On the news they also said that Emmanuel won't be the last child of Philliphe and Mathilde , I hope so , because i like this a lot !:)

Emilia said:
On the news they also said that Emmanuel won't be the last child of Philliphe and Mathilde , I hope so , because i like this a lot !:)

Well there's a well informed journalist...they say anything on the news.

Emmanuel means "God is with us".

Later on Philippe will give a press conference where it will probably also be explained why these specific names were chosen.

Congratulationes for the family. Hope both mum and Emanuel are good

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
Well there's a well informed journalist...they say anything on the news.

:) Katy Pauwels , a royaltie watcher , expect that Philliphe and Mahtilde will have more kids . Ofcourse , nobody knows how many children the couple wants , but if you see how they adore children...!:)

Emilia said:
:) Katy Pauwels , a royaltie watcher , expect that Philliphe and Mahtilde will have more kids . Ofcourse , nobody knows how many children the couple wants , but if you see how they adore children...!:)

indeed. and I'm sure they'd like Elisabeth to have a sister.

Congratulations to the Family and Belgium itself

Congratulations to the couple!!!;) I can wait to see Mathilde and baby come home from hospital.:) :)

All my best wishes to the newborn Prince!!!:D

Is there a date for the christening yet?

Emmanuel is a beautiful name. Congratulations to the family & the people of Belgium.:)

Video: go to "Dinsdag 04/10", "19u" and choose broadband or modem.

http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm

You can see Philippe's first reaction to the press, the arrival of the grandparents and Elisabeth & Gabriel, an overview of the previous births in the RF and a reaction of princess Astrid, who was in Germany today, to open an exhibition. She said she was delighted for her brother and sister in law, and that she expected the baby to be born any day now. She's also delighted with the name, that's beautiful and full of signifcance (Leopold -> Emmanuel was born on the exact 175th birthday of Belgium's independance, Leopold I was our first king, and real founder of the country's sructure and wealth).

Bienvenido al mundo Emmanuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom