How large of a family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress

Heir Apparent
Country
United States
Just a question, but do any of the other members think that Mathilde and Philippe will have any more children?

They are still young, and they seem to make wonderful parents!

I hope that they have more.

With the babies' announcements today, I think the Belgian Royal family might have some surprise news as well......

Hi,
Have there been other announcements besides the new Netherland's baby?
Leanne

Yes - Letizia is pregnant and due "by the beginning of May". Lots of happy news today. And as far as Philippe and Mathilde, I am hoping for one more but not expecting an announcement for another, oh, 6 months or so.

I have the feeling the couple wants a large family, like Phillipe's sister Astrid and Mathilde's parents. Circumstances have to enable them to realise that though, but I am hoping for more children for them. They seem to be the perfect parents anyway, so any child born into that family is very lucky.

I think they will have 5 children . But the last one will be born when the others or a little bit older , like Princess Astrid youngest child , Letitea-Maria

About the number of kids...I think we have to keep in mind that Philippe is turning 47 next year. The question is what their opinion is about that. If Mathilde would get pregnant to have a child in autumn, Philippe will be 57 when the youngest will be only 10. But I think that they don't feel disturbed about the age. They can ask princes Esmeralda how it feels to have an old dad. King Leopold was already 56 when he became dad of Esmée. And as she says herself she has wonderful memories...
So I keep the possibility open that Philippe and Mathilde will perhaps have one more child :)

Or they can look at Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, he was 47 when their youngest doughter Laetitia-Maria was born, Princess Astrid was almost 41 years old when she gave birth for the last time.

I think too, they will have large family. I guess 4-5 kids. Like Luxemburgian grand ducal families have always around 5 kids.

Maybe 4, but certainly not more. You still have to have time for your kids as well and although they have a lot of benefits they do lead a demanding life.

I think they will have around 5, bigger families seem to be the going thing these days.

Personally I'm guessing that one more baby will join the Royal Nursery at Laeken. Then they will have 4 kids. King Albert and Queen Paola had 3 kids, Mathilde's parents had 5 kids (Mathilde, Marie-Alix, Elisabeth, Hélène and Charles-Henri) so 4 should be a good number for them. The age-difference between the kids is about 2 years, and Emmanuel has turned one in October, so I'm not expecting a pregnancy announcement before 2007.

She allready has a sweet bump in the last pictures of her.. in the black dress, but it also can be her 'mother of three little ones' belly! :p

I think they will have at least one more.

IloveCP said:
I think they will have at least one more.

I am a confused by you response post to one originally posted in 2006! Yes, as of this writing, the crown-princely couple do indeed have four children. Are you implying that you would like this couple to have 5 children or do you believe they four children are enough?

I am predicting they will have five children.

Last edited:
Has she put on weight recently?

Lady Felicity M said:
I think they will stop at 5, I think she maybe be preggers now

What criteria are you using to make this assumption? Not that I am challenging your reasoning, just asking what about her appearance leads you to this belief. That's all.

When little P. Eleonore was born I've read somewhere CP Philippe said they were going "to stop" at 4. It was the perfect number since their wish was having an equal number of sons and daughters and now they have 2 couples. sorry for my bad english...hope you can understand what I meant

Marchesina said:
When little P. Eleonore was born I've read somewhere CP Philippe said they were going "to stop" at 4. It was the perfect number since their wish was having an equal number of sons and daughters and now they have 2 couples. sorry for my bad english...hope you can understand what I meant

I only saw an abbreviated German translation of the press conference with Eleonore but I think you're right. They only included Prince Philippe saying 'two boys and two girls, that was our dream'. Although Mathilde is young enough to have one more child, Philippe is over 50 so age might be a factor.

I think they will have one more. Like princess Astrid did, a little later than the other children

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom