Godparents for Princess Eléonore of Belgium

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carlota

Majesty
Country
United States
who will be the godparents of philippe and mathilde's fourth child?

i think princess maxima is quite a safe bet. :flowers:

I really hope that princess Maria Laura will be the godmother.
for the godfather I don't know.

Queen Fabiola for Godmother perhaps?
And Grandduke Henri for Godfather?

Crown Prins Willem Alexander would be a great Godparent too I think, but he isn't Catholick.

I think they would choose one sibling of HRH Prince Philippe (perhaps HIRH Princess Maria Laura would also be a possibility) or the sibling-in-law of PP and one cousin of the d'Udekem d'Acoz family.

Crown Prince Felipe, Maxima Grand Duke Henri and King Albert II

The Prince of Wales?

Mary Maxima Felipe W-A Prince Henrik of Denmark One or two siblings of the Duchess of Brabant.

King Juan Carlos I of Spain ?

HRH Prince Joachim of Denmark The Duke of Edinborugh

Prince William of Wales! (hey you never know! :p)

Prince Albert II of Monaco

Last edited by a moderator:
I also was hoping for Princess Maria-Laura for godmother as Prince Amadeo is godfather to Elizabeth. Perhaps Crown Princes Mary or Frederick or one of the Luxembourg cousins like Felix for godfather

I was thinking they would stick with family members. Maybe Prince Laurent and one of the princesses sisters (or are they both godmothers already, in which case, perhaps Princess Maria-Laura

When Elisabeth was born, Philippe and Mathilde said they had chosen Amedeo and Hélène, because they wanted yong godparents. That instead of chosing their parents, like it is most common.
With Gabriel they did the same thing, but with Emmanuel they've also chosen Maria Christina Rossi di Montelera and she's already 42 and married to someone 47.

I found a little genealogy, so you can see how Maria Christina is related to prince Philippe.

Paola's mother:
1.1.Luisa Gazelli (1896-1989), m.1919 Don Fulco, Prince Ruffo di Calabria (1884-1946)
Paola's sister:
1.1.1.Donna Maria-Cristina Ruffo di Calabria (1920-2003), m.1940 Casimiro San Martino d'Agliè, Marchese di Fontanetto con San Germano (1903-1988)
1.1.1.1.Emanuela San Martino d'Agliè, m.1962 Ernesto [dei conti] Rossi di Montelera (*1938)
1.1.1.1.1.Lidia Rossi di Montelera (*1963), m.1990 Count Alexander of Trauttmansdorff-Weinsberg (*1964)
1.1.1.1.1.1.Countess Luisa of Trauttmansdorff-Weinsberg (*1991)
1.1.1.1.1.2.Countess Maria Amelie of Trauttmansdorff-Weinsberg (*1993)
1.1.1.1.1.3.Countess Elisabeth of Trauttmansdorff-Weinsberg (*1995)
1.1.1.1.1.4.Count Vincenz of Trauttmansdorff-Weinsberg (*1998)
1.1.1.1.1.5.Countess Teresa of Trauttmansdorff-Weinsberg (*1999)
1.1.1.1.2.Maria Cristina Rossi di Montelera (*1965), m.1994 Baron Hans-Ulrich von Freyberg-Eisenberg-Allmendingen (*1960)

(Descendants of Count Felice Rignon)

So we can't really know... who would think of an grandniece...

I wouldn't vote for a royal, Philippe and Mathilde like to choose close familiy. The take it very serious. They don't chose someone for the pretty title they have or glamour.

Last edited:
When Elisabeth was born, Philippe and Mathilde said they had chosen Amedeo and Hélène, because they wanted yong godparents. That instead of chosing their parents, like it is most common.
With Gabriel they did the same thing, but with Emmanuel they've also chosen Maria Christina Rossi di Montelera and she's already 42 and married to someone 47.

I found a little genealogy, so you can see how Maria Christina is related to prince Philippe.

Paola's mother:
1.1.Luisa Gazelli (1896-1989), m.1919 Don Fulco, Prince Ruffo di Calabria (1884-1946)
Paola's sister:
1.1.1.Donna Maria-Cristina Ruffo di Calabria (1920-2003), m.1940 Casimiro San Martino d'Agliè, Marchese di Fontanetto con San Germano (1903-1988)
1.1.1.1.Emanuela San Martino d'Agliè, m.1962 Ernesto [dei conti] Rossi di Montelera (*1938)
1.1.1.1.1.Lidia Rossi di Montelera (*1963), m.1990 Count Alexander of Trauttmansdorff-Weinsberg (*1964)
1.1.1.1.1.1.Countess Luisa of Trauttmansdorff-Weinsberg (*1991)
1.1.1.1.1.2.Countess Maria Amelie of Trauttmansdorff-Weinsberg (*1993)
1.1.1.1.1.3.Countess Elisabeth of Trauttmansdorff-Weinsberg (*1995)
1.1.1.1.1.4.Count Vincenz of Trauttmansdorff-Weinsberg (*1998)
1.1.1.1.1.5.Countess Teresa of Trauttmansdorff-Weinsberg (*1999)
1.1.1.1.2.Maria Cristina Rossi di Montelera (*1965), m.1994 Baron Hans-Ulrich von Freyberg-Eisenberg-Allmendingen (*1960)

(Descendants of Count Felice Rignon)

So we can't really know... who would think of an grandniece...

I wouldn't vote for a royal, Philippe and Mathilde like to choose close familiy. The take it very serious. They don't chose someone for the pretty title they have or glamour.

in the other christenings they tended to choose close friends and also some royals:

elisabeth's godparents: amedeo of belgium and helene d'udekem d'acoz (cousin and aunt)
gabriel's godparents: his uncle charles d'udekem d'acoz and baroness christina freyberg
emmanuel's godparents: elisabeth d'udekem d'acoz and guillaume of luxembourg

since they are catholic, they only choose two godparents. they seem to be likely to choose catholic godparents, though, therefore maxima seems quite a good option since she remained in the catholic church even though she married a protestant.

I think they might choose CP Maxima or CP Felipe of Spain , or maybe one of the danish CP ?:)

Who are Elisabeth, Gabriel and Emmanuel's godparents?

Maybe CP Frederik or/and CP Mary of Denmark since CP.Mathilde is godmother to P.Isabella.

It wouldn't be a surprise at all if Frederik or Mary was named a godparent. It will be very interesting to see who they choose.

Mathilde was a godparent to a Dutch princess and a Danish princess. But they are protestant. They chose more than one godmother.

In roman-catholicism you only chose one. So I don't think we have to look in other royal houses. It's more common to chose direct family. Friends you can lose, family is forever...

After thinking about it again and seeing who the godparents of the other 3 children are, I think it will be Prince Laurent and Princess Astrid.
All of Princess Mathilde's siblings are godparent's already (to Elisabeth, Gabriel and Emmanuel) and I just realized Prince Phillippe's siblings aren't at all.
I think it should/will be Prince Laurent and Princess Astrid.

Either, HRH Crown Princess Mary, HRH Princess Máxima or HIRH Princess Maria Laura

and

Either, HRH Crown Prince Frederik, HRH The Prince of Orange or HRH Prince Felix.

Who are Elisabeth, Gabriel and Emmanuel's godparents?

elisabeth's godparents: amedeo of belgium and helene d'udekem d'acoz (cousin and aunt)
gabriel's godparents: his uncle charles d'udekem d'acoz and baroness christina freyberg
emmanuel's godparents: elisabeth d'udekem d'acoz and guillaume of luxembourg

If they choose a non-family member, I think it will be Maxima as well.

I am hoping for Maxima but I don´t think they will ask her. Am expecting relatives, Maria Laura for example.

i think as well that they will stick to a family member or maybe close friend. And the godparent should be catholic. So they won't take a member of another royal family, so not Maxima, Mary ....

Possible are Joachim and a cousin (female) of Mathilde. Maybe instead of Joachim Prince Felix of Luxembourg.
Or Maria Laura and a relativ/cousin (male) of Mathilde.

Last edited:
I don't think they will chose Joachim , because he's already godfather of his own sister , Letitia-Maria

And it's very possible they want a catholic godmother , but Maxima is originaly catholic , so maybe ...;)

The Duke of Edinburgh is a very old man, I doubt it.

I think Princess Astrid and Prince Laurent

Are the Luxembourg Royals related to the Belgian royal family through Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte? and if so, then maybe Princess Alexandra or Prince Sebastian should be a Godparent.:flowers:

I really think they will chose Princess Maria-Laura and I hope they do.

However they may go for one of the Luxembourg royals such as Felix or Alexandra or maybe they will choose Crown Princess Maxima as she remained catholic upon marriage.

Princess Maria Laura
Prince Felix of Luxembourg

Another possibilty: HRH Prince Alexander of Belgium, HRH Princess Lea of Belgium or HRH Princess Marie-Esmeralda of Belgium

if they were to choose a non-family member and a catholic why not Letizia but i dont think it will be Maxima

I really don't think that they'll choose anyone except family or very close friends. Perhaps Maxima or MAYBE (and that's a big maybe) Letizia if they choose a foreign royal. But other than that, I suspect it'll be Maria Laura or Joachim, and I really don't know who else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom