Death & Funeral of Count Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz, Father of Mathilde; Sept. 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sincere condolences to Crown Princess Mathilde and her family.

My condolences to Princess Mathilde and the rest of the family.

I don't recall why he was ill for so long. Does anyone remember? Was it a stroke that he was trying to recover from? I vaguely rmember that he was in a coma for a time?
May God rest his soul and grant him everlasting peace.

I think thta was not announced and it was said that it was not known what exactly was the illness either. Around new year the counts medical condition seemed to get worse & worse, and he ended up in a coma in April.

-
My condolences to the family, it must be a very hard time esp. for Countess Anne, his wife.

My Heart goes out to the Family may God Grant him rest in the Eternal Kingdom is there an address to express my condolences online maybe??

Dear God.

Deeply condolences to the late Count's family. RIP.

Very sad news indeed,my thoughts are with the family.

My thoughts and prayers are with Princess Mathilde and her family. :sad:

My condolences for CP Mathilde and her family.

My sincere and deepest condolences to Princess Mathilde and all her family.

I am so sorry for the loss for Mathilde and her family. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Catherine posted the following about the late count on the Benelux Royals MB:

[FONT=verdana, arial]Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz was born in 1936 in Proven (East-Flanders). He studied to be an agronomist, specialized in forestry.

He was for many years the mayor of Villers-la-Bonne-Eau, the small town where Mathilde and her family have always lived.
he has also been the local councellor of the city Bastogne, and he was a judge at the court of commerce in Neufchâteau.

In 1971 he married the Polish countess Anne Komorowska, who was born in Bialograd, Poland in 1946.

Countess Anne was a nurse who has worked in a hospital in Brussels, untill the time she had children.

At the time of Mathilde's marriage, the king made Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz and his children counts and countesses. They were already noble, but didn't have a title. You could say that they received a 'higher ranking'.

Mathilde was Patrick's eldest child, followed by Marie-Alix (who died in a car crash in 1997), Elisabeth (jewellery designer, married to marquis Alfonso Pallavicini, living in Paris), Hélène (lawyer, unmarried) and Charles Henri (student at the Sorbonne in Paris, unmarried).

Mathilde's father over the years never sought press attention but the feud with his brothers, that started with a raw over their mother's heritage, certainly didn't go unnoticed. When Mathilde's father was in a coma in hospital, the two brothers, Henri and Raoul, said they were sorry the 3 of them had wasted precious years in a fight.
[/FONT]

My thoughts and prayers are with Mathilde and her family at this most difficult time. May the count rest in peace

My sympathy is extended to Crown Princess Mathilde and her mother, brother and sisters and the entire family circle

Catherine posted the following about the late count on the Benelux Royals MB:
Thank you for providing this information.

My condolences to the Princess, her mother and her siblings.

Very sad news! What a difficult time for them. My condolences to the family and extended family.

My deepest condolences to Matilde and her family. Matilde is a lovely woman and a testament to her family and upbringing.

My sympathy to P Matilde and her family.

I will prepare my condolences card straight away, I am so sorry

How sad. It seems to be the year for deaths this year.

What sad news. My thoughts and prayers to the family.

My condolences to the family. I remember hearing that he had been ill.

My condolence to princess Matilde and the family

Oh no. :( I feel for Mathilde and both of her families.

Bless you dear Mathilde and family. The news is sad and I only wish you love and empathy. May you and your father be guarded by god. My dearest sympathies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom