Death & Funeral of Count Patrick d'Udekem d'Acoz, Father of Mathilde; Sept. 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i sorry but I can not find the link could someone please put up another link!

Mathilde looks heartbroken (understandably). I am so sorry for her family's loss.

thanks so much for the link! does anyone know what the princess said on the video?

Apparently princess Mathilde spoke the following at the funeral:

'Papa, I don't say goodbye to you but 'see you'* All that you gave is is like seeds that will grow into a tree. We will see you again, together with Marie-Alix'.

In Dutch, an article here.

* = (in Dutch: tot ziens, sounds more informal in English but I do not know any other translation for it)

---
It was reported that Patrick d'udekem d'Acoz was able to see his grand daughter Eleonore when he came out of his coma for a while.

No wonder I got chills down my back when I heard the emotions in her voice. She said exactly what I did in my fathers funeral. And I don't understand french, so I'm thankful for the translation of what she said. I knew there was "something" with the words she spoke. Now I know. They are familiar, but yet in another language.

But even if I did not know the words untill now, I felt the emotions. I'm so sorry for their loss. And I'm happy to know that her father got to see Eleonore.

No wonder I got chills down my back when I heard the emotions in her voice. She said exactly what I did in my fathers funeral. And I don't understand french, so I'm thankful for the translation of what she said. I knew there was "something" with the words she spoke. Now I know. They are familiar, but yet in another language.

But even if I did not know the words untill now, I felt the emotions. I'm so sorry for their loss. And I'm happy to know that her father got to see Eleonore.
Apparently Mathilde did have a tough time to control her emotions before she started reading her text so Philippe went to her side to support her.
Patrick’s children all addressed their father with some personal words. Elisabeth thanked him for being generous and supportive, a rock to rest on.
Hélène highlighted his simplicity and humour but had to interrupt herself since she was struggling with her tears.
And Charles-Henri said that even when he was completely weakened Patrick’s inner strength never faded and all this time the beauty of his soul was still intact. Philippe read a passage from the bible and I assume Elisabeth’s husband also contributed to the mass.

I was wondering about the same. He has been burried on the same graveyard as his parents-in-law, the count Leon Kamorovski and princess Sophia Sapieha. Marie-Alix has been burried at the Udekem family vault. Perhaps they will move the coffin of his daugter to St.Pierre later? As for the reasons, maybe he wants to be burried closer to the place where he spent most of his life or maybe the Udekem feud has something to do with it.
You are right. According to several reports Marie-Alix will be exhumed, transferred to Lutrebois and re-buried next to her father and her maternal grandparents (seems there will be a vault once everything is settled). This was the explicit wish of Mathilde´s father. To see them united in one vault sure makes it easier for his widow and the distance Losange-Proven is more than 300km after all. And most likely it was indeed also his way to draw a line since the stubborn d'Udekem brothers also fought over a house in Proven, which was meant to be a resting place after visiting Marie-Alix’s grave.

It means a second burial once the vault is ready... must be horrible to see that twice !

oh so sad, my condolences to all his family, the death of a father should be terrible

That's awful. I feel for Mathilde having to go through burying two family members! This is the first time I've heard/read an Alix-Marie mentioned. Was she Mathilde's sister?

Yes,she was the 2nd daughter of Count Patrick, she died in a car accident with her grandmother.

This is very sad news I send my sympathy out to the Crown princesss and the rest of
her family through this diffcult time.

I saw the Count's Funeral on Place Royale Saturday evening. We saw the Countess Anne arriving with her Children and Grand-Childeren Elisabeth and Emmanuel , greeting the Priests and waiting in the cold and rain....... the arrival of King Albert and Queen Paola, Queen Fabiola, Prince Laurent, Princess CLaire in a black cocktail dress and Princess Astrid wearing a fur coat.
Astrid was alone, her husband Prince Lorenz is the only Member of the RF who works and he was abroad for his work.

Thank you for the link, Lucien! The flowers at his funeral were so beautiful. I hope that his family is doing well during this very sad time.

I am so sorry for this death.Mathilde is really sad.I hope she will soon recover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom