Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Current Events part 14

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress

Heir Apparent
Country
United States
Welcome to a new thread for Crown Prince Philippe & Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium' current events

The previous thread can be found here

Please post current news and pictures of Prince Philippe & Princess Mathilde in this thread.
While doing so, please remember to follow the
TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines & also on Photo Agencies & Copyright:
  • The current events' thread is only for current news & events
  • Do not forget to provide sources for all photos & articles
  • Please remember when posting pictures, to post only selected ones (there is no need to post whole bunch of similar photos). Providing a direct link to the photos or the photo album is recommended.
  • Please do not linked the photos directly. Hotlinking is strongly prohibited.
  • Pictures from previous events may be posted in the picture thread via imagehost.
  • Please be respectful to others' opinions even if you're disagree, and always be courteous to your follow members.
  • Lastly, have fun and enjoy!

It is true that the augmentation of the authorities given to Flanders and Wallonia makes the step towards a total rupture smaller.

Today about 30% of the Belgian voters like to separte the country, counting on the vote for separatistic parties.

Given that Flanders is very affluent now, doesn't mean that it will stay that way in the comming decades (remember that in the '50 and '60 it was Wallonia that was most seperatistic, in those days they were the leading economic part of the country) So the will for independence is also depending on economic prosperity and global politics (upcoming Azian industry)

I will also note that the Walloon minister-president Elio Di Rupo has great chances of becoming prime minister. What the consequenses of that would be for Flanders is a big question.

My vision is that we are going to talk this summer, difficult talk about more authorities. But that there will be a satisfying solution. King Albert will stay were he is, there is a general possitiveness about him. Politicians are saying today that , after the elections and after the state reform talks, they will talk about the monarchie. Well if everything stays calm at the Court, I don't think there will be much enthousiasm under politicians. Of course as I've said, polics are very fluent, everything can happen...

The point of no return will be the day that Albert will pass away. That's my biggest concern. How strong will Philippe be? How many respect will he have? Will he be supported by the people? Those are major issues for the prince to work on, gaining the confidence of the majority of the people...

Well, I think that Phillipe has had considerable training for the role that he will play. I also hope that he will have considerably more training and take on all of the advice his father can give to him, before Albert passes away.

At the same time, never discount the strength that a stable relationship can give. As Phillipe and Mathilde seem to have a genuinely happy and stable relationship, I feel that Mathilde will be a great source of strength, advice and level headedness. I also think that Mathilde has the respect of the majority of the country, and that then flows onto her husband in some measure.

At the end of the day, we can only hope that there is some time before Albert passes and that in the remaining time, Phillipe matures into the role that he is to have, and that he finds some way to become as respected as his father. Perhaps not in the same way, but respected.

It definitely sounds like Philippe has some work to do. He and Mathilde look to have a rather tough road ahead. He needs to gain some respect and capture some positive attention.

Maybe they should have another super cute baby :flowers: Like a little sister for Elizabeth

Crown Prince Philippe congratulates Belgian athletes Kim Gevaert and Tia Hellebaut (L) after they were awarded with the national sporting merit trophy at Brussels town hall, February 1, 2007

Yahoo! News Photo

today princess mathilde meet Jeanne Devos of National Movement of Domestic Workers in the palace

are there any pics???

Prince Philippe Visit to two institutions of education which subjected a project for the " Price UNIZO of the Enterprising School on 2007 ". By this Price, the Union of the Entrepreneurs Independents wishes to stimulate the enterprising mind, the creativity and the team work of the young people at the school link (Belga.be)

BelgaPicture

:flowers: Today the Mathilde visited an exposition, waits that is has many photos, because it is my favourite princess.:flowers: :flowers:

Mathilde is very beautiful, looks gorgeous and extremely elegant!!!!
It does not have more photos?

I have a strange question...How come when I come into Philippe and Mathilde's section there are only 3 threads listed? Where are their previous threads? All other crown princely couples have many threads dating back to a couple years ago, why isn't it that way for Philippe and Mathilde?

I understand there are links in each thread to go to a previous thread but I'm just curious how come they don't have as many threads to look through. I'm noticing there's only one thread listed for Elisabeth no threads listed for the boys and no threads listed for any trips abroad that Philippe and Mathilde have made for different causes. I'm new here so I'm not even sure if they do trips abroad but I can't imagine that they don't. I'm confused!:wacko:

Last edited:
beautiful pictures, i enjoy seeing Mathilde and Philippe together.Mathilde looks very elegent, love the contrast of the pants and coat

Aurora810 said:
I have a strange question...How come when I come into Philippe and Mathilde's section there are only 3 threads listed? Where are their previous threads? All other crown princely couples have many threads dating back to a couple years ago, why isn't it that way for Philippe and Mathilde?

I understand there are links in each thread to go to a previous thread but I'm just curious how come they don't have as many threads to look through. I'm noticing there's only one thread listed for Elisabeth no threads listed for the boys and no threads listed for any trips abroad that Philippe and Mathilde have made for different causes. I'm new here so I'm not even sure if they do trips abroad but I can't imagine that they don't. I'm confused!:wacko:

Scroll down this page to the very bottom and you will see on the left side, two boxes called, Sorted by and From The. Make sure that beginning appears in the box called From The and then click on the silver bar, Show Threads. All threads in the "Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde and Family" subforum should be avaible for your perusal. Enjoy!

Mandy said:
Scroll down this page to the very bottom and you will see on the left side, two boxes called, Sorted by and From The. Make sure that beginning appears in the box called From The and then click on the silver bar, Show Threads. All threads in the "Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde and Family" subforum should be avaible for your perusal. Enjoy!

Thanks so much Mandy. I feel a little stupid now, such an easy fix to my problem. Thanks again!!

Aurora810 said:
Thanks so much Mandy. I feel a little stupid now, such an easy fix to my problem. Thanks again!!

Thanks Mandy; that was new for me:flowers:

yes... I have the same problem with the pictures Mathilde16...

Lovely photos, and lovely to see!!!
Such a lovely couple.
Mathilde looks as good as usual, so elegant radiant and happy!!!

Cant wait to see pictures of Mathilde and Philippe in the weekend!!!!!

Opening of the " International Conference on the durable management of forests in Democratic Republic of Congo " which is held in Brussels : link (Source Belga) : BelgaPicture

01-03-2007 Maasmechelen Princess Mathilde visited the centre of Basiseducation.
She attended the ceremony of the presentation of the ''diplomas of the ambassadors of basiseducation''

Gallery

PPE Agency

Is Mathilde expecting again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom