Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde - Picture Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking at all the photos that show what Matilde did before she married, it makes you wonder if this woman can do anything wrong. Belgium is lucky they have her as their future queen.

Larzen said:
Mathilde and Philippe in Havanna, pre engagement (Gamma)
http://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=67920201philippemathil1bc.jpghttp://img21.imageshack.us/my.php?image=67920203philippemathilde9ra.jpg
Another old picture of Mathilde I think it must before her engagement, is that her sister with her? (hola)

A funny picture of Philipe and Mathilde:D I again dont know the occation or date though (hola)

1. yes that's her sister, countess Elisabeth d'Udekem d'Acoz
2. they were at a flower show, probably admiring some rare species:D

Mathilde & Claire at the photoshoot in 2004 (Albert& Paola with all their grandchildren). They're watching as the photos are being taken.

Isopix, thanks to Jelka.

Those are really cute photos, Hannelore. I especially like Claire's expression in the second one.

June 2, 2004: princess Mathilde visited the plantgenetics department of the centre for agricultural investment in Melle (East-Flanders). The princess visited the labs and greenhouses where the flowers are grown. At the end of the visit she baptized a new kind of rose called "Mathilde" after her, with champagne of course!

Pics from Isopix, thanks to Jelka.

Last edited:
Hannelore said:
Mathilde & Claire at the photoshoot in 2004 (Albert& Paola with all their grandchildren). They're watching as the photos are being taken.

Isopix, thanks to Jelka.

i've never seen this one...
quite funny :D :D they are probably instructing their toddlers to pose.. :D :D

thanks for posting !

March 23, 2004

Mathilde visits "Les Anémones" in Grez-Doiceau, an institution that cares for youngsters from a difficult social situation and mentally handicapped children and adults. Mathilde visits the refuge house for the youngsters and the residence of the mentally handicapped.

Isopix, with Jelka's help.

preview33bk.jpg
preview92nx.jpg

http://img322.imageshack.us/my.php?image=preview86ja.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful pictures! She is looking as elegant and tadiant as always.

Here are some of Filip for a change, visiting the International Motor Show in Brussels in 2003 or 2004, I'm not sure.

Fom Isopix, provided by Jelka.

June 2004. reception for the ambassadors, at the castle of Laken, Filip & Mathilde's home.

(Isopix, with Jelka's kind help).

preview49ud.jpg
preview138ev.jpg

princess Mathilde in Australia (Imagine)

21mathilde40us.jpg

Isopix, provided by Jelka.

Filip & Mathilde visit the institute for biotechnical research in Ghent, 2004.

Posting Photos

Once again, thank you so much to those who post photos that are had to find!! It's wonderful
Leanne

I am still wondering if anyone can post photos of them in Italy over the winter holidays? Do you suppose magazines will carry those images in future issues?

Emily said:
I am still wondering if anyone can post photos of them in Italy over the winter holidays? Do you suppose magazines will carry those images in future issues?

Me too Emily! I'm dying to see them. Isn't their anyone of the Belgian people around here, who has both the newspaper (Het Laatste Nieuws) and a scanner?

I have the paper but no scanner. But you'll be disappointed when you see them, it are just two small photos. One of Philippe and Emmanuel (just his back) and one of Philippe and Mathilde from a distance. Maybe a magazine like Story has them too?

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
I have the paper but no scanner. But you'll be disappointed when you see them, it are just two small photos. One of Philippe and Emmanuel (just his back) and one of Philippe and Mathilde from a distance. Maybe a magazine like Story has them too?

I have the scanner, not the newspaper (I was too late :( ). But I'd rather see a very small picture, than see none at all. But I also think Story will publish them (at least I really hope they do!) I'll be keeping an eye on the magazine stores for the next week!

Jelka said:
I have the scanner, not the newspaper (I was too late :( ). But I'd rather see a very small picture, than see none at all. But I also think Story will publish them (at least I really hope they do!) I'll be keeping an eye on the magazine stores for the next week!

please do that would be really wonderful of you!

The only "foreign" magazines in our town are Spanish and I will check those for the photos when they arrive, and if they do have them I'll figure out how to post them. The only other problem here is the magazines from last week won't be here for two more weeks:(.

I know nothing about bungee jumping :) but I've once seen a photo of her and Philippe from before the engagement, when they went rafting.

Cathérine Bergeyck said:
I know nothing about bungee jumping :) but I've once seen a photo of her and Philippe from before the engagement, when they went rafting.

Can you post it?:)
It's fun to watch Mathilde being all fearless next to Phillippe who's not a coward himself, they seem all pressed up but wild on the inside:D

Question: why wasn't Phillippe with her while she was gliding? Some kind of security issue?

Back
Top Bottom