Belgian State Visit to Greece: 2 - 4 May

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope that this state visit can finally take place.

What is the usual dress code for state dinners in the Hellenic Republic?

Usually Black tie but sometimes it has been Business suite too (=the biggest blings will be left home)

Last edited:
What an extremely simple lay out of the tables. What a deadly venue to have a banquet. Where has all the glanz und gloria gone? And then the dresscode...

Last edited:
So, according to the program, cocktail dress/business attire for the state dinner and restricted attendance. Another letdown for Royal watchers.

Unfortunately this dresscode seems to become more and more the Norm at State Visits to Republics

Unfortunately this dresscode seems to become more and more the Norm at State Visits to Republics

And to kingdoms: the last Austrian State Visit to Belgium had the same dresscode.

Luckily the Dutch neighbours kept it the usual dresscode when the Indian President visited last April.

And to kingdoms: the last Austrian State Visit to Belgium had the same dresscode.

Luckily the Dutch neighbours kept it the usual dresscode when the Indian President visited last April.

I woulds say this was an exception as it was so far the only (and hopefully the last) time this happened in Belgium.

I agree that it looks like the waterfall brooch. So this is more hair bling than on the incoming SV from Austria. Nice look, imho. And she could hardly put more in her hair when the dress code is only dark suit.

Not to the kingdoms. Yes, it happened on that occasion in Belgium, but in the other kingdoms of Europe this does not happen.

not even a tuxedo for the banquet... a suit instead....!

What a stunning back drop the Temple of Poseidon makes for the photos!

Is the Queen unwell? I've noticed multiple times where it seems as though she is in pain and/or clutching to the King for support.

A royal visit to King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie was not planned.

So, according to the program, cocktail dress/business attire for the state dinner and restricted attendance. Another letdown for Royal watchers.

Leave manners to the present greek president,she hasn´t got a clue..and obviously,...looking at her,
had nothing to wear either....

I was warned by Greeks before that Mrs so and so..her name is far too difficult to remember from the top of my head... had no manners nor feeling for protocol,et voila.

Nah.

Last edited:

Apparently,no.

With WA and Maxima,yes,they are closer to the Greek RF,very close,and they would have pressed a meeting.

But I do hope the postponed state visit by them to Greece will not take
place at all after all,useless.

I would not expect the former King and Queen of Greece to be visited by any visiting royals on an official or state visit to Greece. Private visits are a different matter.

Back
Top Bottom