A new book on Philippe

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leidi

Serene Highness
City
Country
United Arab Emirates
Nouveau livre sur la famille royale: "Philippe atteint du syndrome d'Asperger" - RTL info

:bang: :bang: :bang:

First he was gay, now he has Aspergers... :bang:
Only because he has a list of all the books he's read :ermm: don't they get tired of spouting nonsense about him? I mean, come on, if what books say is true then this guy has gotten a sex change, is gay and autistic. Totally not noticeable in public at ALL :bang:

(And I don't mean it as an attack on gay people or those who live with aspergers, what angers me is the lies, i'd be just as angry as if they said he had 34 mistresses and 65 children around the globe)

"I have a friend who is a psychiatrist and we chatted a bit of everything. I told him that Prince Philip on his laptop keeps a list of all the books he has read. He then explained that it was bizarre, and it was very specific to people who are affected by this [Aspergers] syndrome, "says the author of" Kroongeheimen "(Secrets of the Crown)

Absolutely ridiculous!

Nouveau livre sur la famille royale: "Philippe atteint du syndrome d'Asperger" - RTL info

:bang: :bang: :bang:

First he was gay, now he has Aspergers... :bang:
Only because he has a list of all the books he's read :ermm: don't they get tired of spouting nonsense about him? I mean, come on, if what books say is true then this guy has gotten a sex change, is gay and autistic. Totally not noticeable in public at ALL :bang:

(And I don't mean it as an attack on gay people or those who live with aspergers, what angers me is the lies, i'd be just as angry as if they said he had 34 mistresses and 65 children around the globe)

It's not just the lies but the extremely flimsy évidence'that the whole thing seems to be based on "Ihave a friend who says...." and there is no way a professional psychiatrist is going to diagnose something based on something like keeping a list of books.

Wow, this is the most curious way to discover I also have the syndrome of Asperger. :) as I also keep list of the books I've read. Maybe even in a worser degree as I split them up in fiction and non-fiction.

It's utmost ridiculous!

"I have a friend who is a psychiatrist and we chatted a bit of everything. I told him that Prince Philip on his laptop keeps a list of all the books he has read. He then explained that it was bizarre, and it was very specific to people who are affected by this [Aspergers] syndrome, "says the author of" Kroongeheimen "(Secrets of the Crown)

Absolutely ridiculous!
Well, I have Aspergers and I do that too (keep the list of all books I have read, even though I have eidetic memory) - but so do many people who are not afflicted with the condition. In any case, Asperger syndrome in its mild forms doesn't really hinder one's life at all. You just have to learn several things that others take for granted but by and large, you can easily pass for a "normal" person.

Last edited:

According to Asperger Advice some Asperger symptoms are:

1. Socially and emotionally inappropriate behavior

2. Limited interests or preoccupation with a subject

3. Repetitive behaviors or rituals;

4. Peculiarities in speech and language;

5. Problems with nonverbal communication

6. Lack of empathy

7. Clumsy and uncoordinated motor movements

8. Inflexibility or rigid thinking

9. Fear of changes; sameness in daily routines

:previous:
I don't think the author and I are talking about the same person.
I do have a book list too. By genre, alphabetical and how much I liked it. So with movies, Cd's, things I want to visit, I want to do, I want to have. So if he has Asperger with only his book list, I don't even want to know what I'm suffering from ;)

Just so sad those people have no other hobby then breaking a human being. And his wife. And their 4 little children. :bang:

i doubt he is an asperger. aspergers would be a condition that would seriously impair his ability to perform a diplomatic role. if it were the case, it would have been known much more in advance, perhaps even when he was a kid.

Firstly, when Philippe was a kid, the condition was rarely if ever diagnosed. And secondly, again, Aspergers in its mild form doesn't impair anything: you may have a slight difficulty with interaction or expressing feelings in front of others, but nothing too serious. I have a PhD in astrophysics at 21 and a reasonably successful personal/social life - and all that with the condition.

I am not saying Philippe suffers from the condition, mind you. Just observing it is nothing bad and certainly would not impair his ability to be a Crown Prince/King.

Sorry if this is not the right thread for the question, but can someone estimate the damage that was done to the monarchy and philippe in person by the previous book with the gay allegations? Did people believe/pay attention at all to these..?
I'm asking cause as an outsider I don't have a picture and am interested to know

Firstly, when Philippe was a kid, the condition was rarely if ever diagnosed. And secondly, again, Aspergers in its mild form doesn't impair anything: you may have a slight difficulty with interaction or expressing feelings in front of others, but nothing too serious. I have a PhD in astrophysics at 21 and a reasonably successful personal/social life - and all that with the condition.

I am not saying Philippe suffers from the condition, mind you. Just observing it is nothing bad and certainly would not impair his ability to be a Crown Prince/King.
As the parent of a child with an Autism Spectrum Disorder I wholeheartedly agree with you. Based upon your own description it appears that you have a very satisfactory life. :)

I don't think the author and I are talking about the same person.
I do have a book list too. By genre, alphabetical and how much I liked it. So with movies, Cd's, things I want to visit, I want to do, I want to have. So if he has Asperger with only his book list, I don't even want to know what I'm suffering from ;)

Just so sad those people have no other hobby then breaking a human being. And his wife. And their 4 little children. :bang:

I use to make list (spreadsheets) of stuff like that as well. Books, movies and other stuff (The most detailed being the medallists of the '92 Winter Olympics) and most assuredly I do not have Aspergers...maybe I just liked lists???. I agree, if he has it...then what up with me??? (Though given the precise organization and sorting of my books, CDs, DVDs, Blurays and video games I'm guessing a little OCD!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom