A baby girl is born - Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie 16/4/08

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally, woman in Belgian stay 4-5 days in the hopsital after they gave birth! I think Mathilde will go home in the weekend!

But normally some days after the child is born they invate a friend who is a photographer and a cameramen they then make the first images and photographs of the whole family. They are then givven to the national tvsenders and a few minutes later to the commercial tv senders. The pictures are given to the press agencies.

Normally women in Belgium don't stay 4-5 days in the hospital, but 1-3 days
I think we will get the first pictures of the new princess like today or tomorrow, at the latest Saturday, I think (hope :))

The French way is without the -e ending, whereas I heard it being two syllables in the Dutch video provided. So, basically - both.

ooh. so both pronounciations will work, with the country being bilingual. thanks for explaining!;)

Thanks also for the photos of the kids and Philippe visiting. They're all so big now, especially the boys. Emmanuel is almost as tall as Gabriel now.

Here's a video of the news in Belgium
were they also speak about there other 3 children
It's at the bottom of the page;

you can see this square with 4 videos, the bottom one, on the right

deredactie.be

I know I am late, but many many Congratulations to this Happy Family!!

I love them :wub: and I wish the best for their second daughter. I love the name!! :flowers:

I all vase guessed that it would be a girl, Congratulation ,by the way what does Eleonore ,Fabiola and Marie mean?

Normally women in Belgium don't stay 4-5 days in the hospital, but 1-3 days
I think we will get the first pictures of the new princess like today or tomorrow, at the latest Saturday, I think (hope :))
Yes, and that´s why Kim Clijsters got so much attention for leaving the hospital a day after her daughter was born. ;) Staying 4-5 days in hospital is pretty much the norm AFAIK.
It seems they will leave the hospital this Sunday. And Philippe declares Eléonore´s birth at the town hall of Anderlecht on Monday, April 21st.

Yes, and that´s why Kim Clijsters got so much attention for leaving the hospital a day after her daughter was born. ;) Staying 4-5 days in hospital is pretty much the norm AFAIK.
It seems they will leave the hospital this Sunday. And Philippe declares Eléonore´s birth at the town hall of Anderlecht on Monday, April 21st.

No , most woman in Belgium stay in the hospital for 5 days ( standard) . But some of them choose to go home earlier , like Kim Clijsters did . I'm pretty shure that they won't leave the hospital before the weekend , and I think that we will get pictures tomorrow or saterday . Ik know that Emmanuel was born on a thuesday , and pictures came on thursday ...

Hurray! I am so happy that little Elisabeth has a sister and I LOVE the name that they have chosen!! I bet Mathilde is relieved, and Philippe too.

Congratulations to the BRF and the Belgians for the newest Princess!

You are right, LadyS.

And it's such a delicate attention from Philippe and Mathilde top include Fabiola in her names...:flowers:

I think it's a sweet and lovely way to honor HM Queen Fabiola too...an early 80th birthday gift for the Queen!

Prince Philippe of Belgium and his three children Prince Gabriel, Prince Emmanuel and Princess Elisabeth, pay a visit to Princess Mathilde and Eleonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie.

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/6109/8928419a6e358gy2.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/1507/8928416a71601ev2.jpg

I think next to the Infanta Cristina and Inaki Urdangarin of Spain, Philippe and Mathilde have the most exquisite children ever. They are sooo beautiful and they all look alike, they could be mistaken for quadruplets!

I cannot wait to see the new baby.

Congrats all around! I like her name. :flowers: Has there been any clarification on the pronounciation of Eleonore? El-e-uh-nor? El-uh-nor? El-uh-nor-ray? I could go on for quite sometime. :bang:

Congrats all around! I like her name. :flowers: Has there been any clarification on the pronounciation of Eleonore? El-e-uh-nor? El-uh-nor? El-uh-nor-ray? I could go on for quite sometime. :bang:

In a small interview, a link was posted earlier, Philippe prounced the name. ;)

Thanks for the new pictures stephanievl, they're great. I love Lizzie's outfit today, so sweet she brought her mommy flowers. How much age difference is there between Elizabeth and Gabriel? He;s quite tall for his age isn't he, he seems to be almost as tall as his sister.

In a small interview, a link was posted earlier, Philippe prounced the name. ;)

Thank you. I totally missed that link. I like the pronounciation. In the US we probably wouldn't have given it as much elegance as the name deserves.

Elisabeth 25 Oct 2001
Gabriel 20 Aug 2003
Emmanuel 4 Oct 2005

princess leonor said:
Thanks for the new pictures stephanievl, they're great. I love Lizzie's outfit today, so sweet she brought her mommy flowers. How much age difference is there between Elizabeth and Gabriel? He;s quite tall for his age isn't he, he seems to be almost as tall as his sister.

Princess Elisabeth is 6 years old (25 oktober 2001)
Prince Gabriël is 4 years old (20 august 2003)
Prince Emmanuel is 2 years old (4 october 2005)
Princess Eléonore is 1 day old :d (16 april 2008)

21/04/2008
Aangifte van de geboorte van Prinses Eléonore

Prins Filip begeeft zich naar het Gemeentehuis van Anderlecht teneinde de geboorte van Prinses Eléonore aan te geven aan de Burgerlijke Stand.

On the 21th prince Filip will go to the city hall of Anderlecht to register the birth of princess Eléonore

CP Phillippe is tall and CP Mathilde is at least 5 feet 10 inches. So I imagine all of their children will be tall as well.

The Saxe-Coburg-Gotha dynasty has mostly tall people, especially the men. Just look at King Baudouin and his father Leopold III, and now Philippe.

Eléonore was born on the Pope's birthday as well :)

Thanks for the photos it is so lovely seeing the children excited about their visit. I hope Mathilde is recovering well:flowers:

That last picture of Elizabeth shows what a pretty little girl she has become. No longer the chubby little toddler.

All the children are beautiful and I'm sure they're happy as we all are to see the birth of Eleanore. I wish the family happiness and love. Congratulations to the Belgian Royals. You are a very lovely family. Enjoy. :flowers: :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom