A baby girl is born - Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie 16/4/08

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats to the family!:flowers: I'm just wondering though how Anne is pronounced in Belgium. Is it the pronounced like the American/British way, or is it pronounced 'an-neh', two syllables?

Congratulations to Crown Prince Philippe adn Crown Princess Mathilde!

Last edited:
Congratulations to CP Philippe and CP Mathilde.
I like the name. There are 3 namesakes : Leonor (Spain), Leonore (Netherlands) and Eléonore (Belgium).
:flowers:

Thanks again Paty, for these wonderful pictures, you're the best :flowers: The kids sure look a whole lot happier than they did upon arrival, I guess they're quite happy with their little sister. The kids are just adorable. Emmanuel is too cute for words, with hs adorable little smile :wub: Elisabeth and Gabriel look a bit more shy, which is normal of course for kids their age having a better understanding of the press and all the people. I can't wait to see little Eleonora :flowers:

Congratulations to the Royal couple,thats fab news!!:fireworks:

Congratulations to the entire family!! Lovely to hear everyone is doing well.

Definetly Princes of Asturas marked tendency.

Eleonore, Beautiful name.

Wonderful news! I love the name. Congrats to the whole family as well as the people of Belgium!

congrats to the family!:flowers: I'm just wondering though how Anne is pronounced in Belgium. Is it the pronounced like the American/British way, or is it pronounced 'an-neh', two syllables?

The French way is without the -e ending, whereas I heard it being two syllables in the Dutch video provided. So, basically - both.

Congrats to all the family. I was hoping for a boy but a healty baby is always a wonderful thing. But I didn't like the name Eléonore. I'm just don't stand so many similar names, Leonor, Leonore, Eléonore... The name could be different. Anyway... But Elisabeth, Gabriel and Emmanuel are just adorable. What a bunch of cuties! :wub:

Last edited:
Congratulations to the family for the wonderful news. May Eleonore be a very happy girl.

Congratulations to Mathilde , Filip , Elisabeth , Gabriel and Emmanuel with the birth of their new baby sister ! Lovely name !

How great news !
The best wishes to the newborn Eleonore and her family:princess3:.

I think that I know that her names will be Fabiola, Ann, Marie.

Last edited:
There is also Eleonore of Habsburg --- eldest daughter of Francesca of Habsburg.
I think that Victoria of Sweden was chosen as a sort of honorary Godmother.
As she is not Catholic, there needed to be a Catholic Godmother and Claire was chosen.

Congratulations to CP Philippe and CP Mathilde.
I like the name. There are 3 namesakes : Leonor (Spain), Leonore (Netherlands) and Eléonore (Belgium).
:flowers:

Also, Karl Habsburg and his wife Francesca have a daughter named:
Eleonore Jelena Maria del Pilar Iona who was born in 1994. (Karl would be the heir to the Austrian-Hungarian throne.)

Eleonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie what a lovely name im so glad everyting went well and now they have 2 girls and 2 boys to compelete the family
:belgiumflag::princess3::fireworks::fireworks:

What a great news!!!!!!Congratulations to the family:flowers:

Yay! A health girl to make a matched set. Two boy and Two girls. Congratulations to Crown Prince Phillipe & Crown Princess Matihilde!

Congratulation to Philp and Mathilde and welcome to the new baby-princess Eléonore!, beautiful name!

I'm so happy for them! I only wished I would have logged in sooner to get this wonderful news. Lovely name! Both boys have the "el" at the end of their names and both girls have the "el" at the beginning of their names. Interesting pattern this family went with.

Where is "nonnie"

O dear, King Albert is visiting his new granddaughter alone. No Queen Paola seen at the hospital [yet] I cannot imagine that she would not go if she could, so big chance she is ill, I suppose. Not being able to go to visit her new grandchild must be a deception for her.:rolleyes:

Has the royal grandmother still visited her youngest granddaughter, or one of the siblings of Filip and Mathilde?

Congratulations to the family! I was hoping it was a little girl, and a sister for Elisabeth.:wub::wub:

I love the names, and of course including Fabiola was a beautiful gesture.

Congratulations to the family! But why two godmothers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom