A baby girl is born - Eléonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie 16/4/08

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to the whole family. The name Eléonore it´s very pretty.

Good news indeed and lovely names. I am glad they named the child after Queen Fabiola too. I suppose Victoria was chosen due to the godmother and Anne for Mathilde's mother?

Nice choice of godparents too, I think Victoria must be the most popular royal godparent.

congratulations to the family!!!!

love this name. It is similar to leonor of spain and to leonore (laurentien's daughter)

Iedereen blij/ Everybody happy

(My Dutch isn't really all that, but here is a basic translation/summary - with a conversion of weight/length as well) :flowers:
Princess Mathilde has given birth to a daughter, Eléonore. Their fourth child was born at 4.50 in Anderlecht. She weighed 3.210 kg (7.07 lbs) and she is 50 cm (19.6 inches) long.

Everything is well with mother and child. The little princess has been given the names Eléonore, Fabiola, Victoria, Anne, Marie.

Godmothers of Eléonore will be Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden and Princess Claire of Belgium. Godfather will be graaf Sébastien von Westphalen zu Fürstenberg.

Norwegianne, reading your summary, I must say that you Dutch is not bad at all. The most important statements are in it [sorry my Dutch is better than my English:)]. The message also gives a brief explanation of the name Eleonore - in Arabic it means God is my light it says- and that the premier congratulates the CP couple and wishes the little girl -in name of the government and himself- a long and happy life.

Looking at the names and having read all the threads about the subject of the new born child I think there has been a lot of good guessing, there is Fabiola in it, Anne, Marie. The name Eléonore is mentioned. The wish for a little sister for Elisabeth. Well at the end everybody right and happy! Hurray for the new little girl.:clap::clap:

I hope that, in spite of the condition of Mathildes Father and the missing [for unknown (?) reasons] of Queen Paola at the state visit, we get some images of happy grandparents today or tomorrow. [:)And of course of Queen Fabiola I think :flowers: Congratulations to her too]

Last edited:
I was very happy to hear the news this morning. I had a feeling yesterday that something might have happen soon because I kept checking the website of the Belgian Royal Family (which I normally don't do that frequently).

The news was announced this morning on the radio. I believe through a press statement issued by the Palace. I really like her names and it has a very nice flow to it. I think Elisabeth especially will be very glad with her babysister, as Mathilde had stated once in answer to someone asking how the other children were reacting to the pregnancy was that Elisabeth had asked for a sister and either Gabriel or Emmanuel prefered a little brother. I had hoped for a girl as well, to balance out the boy/girl ratio in the family. Mathilde had also stated once that the birth would perhaps take place on April 15, the birthday of her husband.

Looking back on the pictures of the gala in the Royal Palace last night I do think that Prince Philippe looks tense, like he expects something to happen. The absence of Princess Mathilde also send out a clear message although I initiatly decided that she had canceled because she had taken up her maternaty leave, but I guess she was in labour at the time.

One thing I find kind of strange is the fact that they have chosen 2 godmothers and 1 godfather for their daughter. All other children only have two godparents (as is traditional for Catholics), so why now 3 godparents?
Either way, I'm happy that Princess Claire was chosen to be a godmother, although I had expected them to chose Princess Maria Laura.

Either way, Congratulations to the family! And Norwegianne, your Dutch really isn't as bad as you claim it is.

Last edited:
I was very happy to hear the news this morning. I had a feeling yesterday that something might have happen soon because I kept checking the website of the Belgian Royal Family (which I normally don't do that frequently).

The news was announced this morning on the radio. I believe through a press statement issued by the Palace. I really like her names and it has a very nice flow to it. I think Elisabeth especially will be very glad with her babysister, as Mathilde had stated once in answer to someone asking how the other children were reacting to the pregnancy was that Elisabeth had asked for a sister and either Gabriel or Emmanuel prefered a little brother. I had hoped for a girl as well, to balance out the boy/girl ratio in the family. Mathilde had also stated once that the birth would perhaps take place on April 15, the birthday of her husband.

Looking back on the pictures of the gala in the Royal Palace last night I do think that Prince Philippe looks tense, like he expects something to happen. The absence of Princess Mathilde also send out a clear message although I initiatly decided that she had canceled because she had taken up her maternaty leave, but I guess she was in labour at the time.

One thing I find kind of strange is the fact that they have chosen 2 godmothers and 1 godfather for their daughter. All other children only have two godparents (as is traditional for Catholics), so why now 3 godparents?
Either way, I'm happy that Princess Claire was chosen to be a godmother, although I had expected them to chose Princess Maria Laura.

Either way, Congratulations to the family! And Norwegianne, your Dutch really isn't as bad as you claim it is.

The fact that there are two godmothers surprised me too. Maybe they could not choose between the two ladies and decided to ask them both, solving the "problem" that Victoria is not a Catholic at the same time. Either way I think they wil both be nice godmothers!

Last edited:
The 16th April is a popular Royal birthday - Queen Margrethe of Denmark, Grand Duke Henri and Prince Sebastien of Luxembourg and now Princess Eleonore:flowers:

Congratulations to Mathilde, Philippe and their children on the birth of little Princess Eléonore :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

This is the fourth version of this name to grace a royal child in three years! :D

Congratulations to the family. It is a beautiful name, although I didn't pick that one. It is also nice not to have to wait months for the announcement of the name. I am really glad it is a girl, now Elisabeth will have a sister.

Congratulations to Mathilde, Philippe and their children on the birth of little Princess Eléonore :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

This is the fourth version of this name to grace a royal child in three years! :D

The fourth? I only know 3: Leonor of Spain, Leonore of Holland, and this new little baby. Who's the fourth then?

Congrats to Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde on the birth of their new precious girl Eleonore Fabiola Victoria Anne Marie
:fireworks:

How wonderful!:wub::wub:
I just love the name. I thought Eleonore was perfect before, and now they chose it... very elegant names, such a beautiful meaning, and they are continuning their "el" theme...I don't mind the other Leonor(e)s, it is such a nice name, really better this way than an ugly name that no other royal ever had!;)
I also love the other names, it flows so well together. Welcome, little girl!:wub:

So happy for the family, can't wait to see the new Baby!!!

The fourth? I only know 3: Leonor of Spain, Leonore of Holland, and this new little baby. Who's the fourth then?

I speculate that we will have an Eleonor in Norway or in Denmark in 2009 (might the mothers the Crown Princesses are).

I speculate that we will have an Eleonor in Norway or in Denmark in 2009 (might the mothers the Crown Princesses are).

hahaha, well, that would be great news indeed. :lol: I'll be waiting for the pregnancy anouncement then :flowers: I would sure love that, Leonor is my favourite name, so it's fine by me!!!

Congratulations to the whole family. The name Eléonore it´s very pretty!!!!!!

Congratulations to the family!!! The name is very beautiful!

I forgot: Congratulations!!! The choice for the female godparents are totally surprising me!

What a great news!!:flowers: Congratulations to the family!!:flowers:
I loved baby's name!!:innocent:

Wonderful news:flowers: glad it was a girl now they have two of each:wub: the name is very beautiful.Good choice on godparents.

Such great news!
2 boys, 2 girls! :wub:

And another Eleonore in Royal Circles. :lol:Lovely name, anyway!

I love the pics of Philip and his toddlers visiting their new sister.

i love the name Eléonore, it's so pretty!!! and of the perfect balance of 2 boys and 2 girls. wonderful. How great must that be to be born so close to daddy's birthday!

i think someone's mentioned it before, but I don't know why, I checked the BRF website today (which I don't normally do) and that's how I found out. Inspired feeling perhaps.

Yay, a girl! Love the name Eleonore! It fits in perfectly with the others (althought Gabriel is the odd ball now ;)). Congrats to the family.

Absolutely delighted ! I can't wait for the four children together !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom