The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Which royal houses have enthronement/coronations without religious elements? The only royal house I am (relatively) conversant on is BRF. How do Spain, Monaco, etc, etc handle it. Perhaps there is a 'model' out there?

Old 08-14-2007, 07:50 PM

Well, Spain and Monaco have religious parts to their monarch's accession. The Scandinavian Royal Families have pretty much ditched any religious stuff AFAIK.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Queen Camilla?? should she be our next queen?

Hi i wanted to hear what you all think about the should she be our next queen situation??
i personally think she shouldn't!
i actually thing that Prince William should have the crown and Charles just stay Prince of Wales until his death?
Old 08-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think that Charles should be king, and Camilla titled Queen Consort. It's just the proper thing to do. It may not have been best for her to be Princess of Wales, just the whole Diana issue, but once it comes to being Queen they should put asside the foolishness and make her Queen, because, after all, even if Diana had lived another 60 years, she wouldn't have been Queen. This title is all Camilla's.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Hi i wanted to hear what you all think about the should she be our next queen situation??
i actually thing that Prince William should have the crown and Charles just stay Prince of Wales until his death?
Why do you want to change the British constitution? Unless he pre-deceases his mother, Charles will be King.
Camilla will also be Queen unless they change the law or issue LP.
The monarch is not and never will be based on a popularity contest.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
There was a thread about this but it was closed so i thought i'd start a new one!
I take it that you don't mind if the UK becomes a republic? Because when you start deciding who will be King and Queen based on a popularity contest the republicans will argue there is no point in monarchy in more.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
There was a thread about this but it was closed so i thought i'd start a new one!

What has William done, at age 25, that you think qualifies him more for the role of King than his father?

When Charles was aged 25 people were calling for the Queen to abdicate so that Charles could be king because of the work he was doing and to get him into the job at a young age. He had done far more royal work at that age than William has done, and he had his degree and had become an officer in the navy. William hasn't proven himself as a royal yet as he does so little in the way of official engagements. He just seems a big party boy and frankly I doubt if he is up to the job at all as his commitment to royal duties seems so slack when compared to his father at the same age. The fact that a decision was made not to push him is all well and good but it seems to be that he doesn't actually want to do anything. Harry is doing more from what I can see.

The more I see and read of William and Harry the less I think the monarchy has to look forward to. Their continual desire to be 'normal' seems to be an excuse to run away from their heritage rather than embrace it as their father has done throughout his life.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think alot of people don't want Charles to ascend the throne because they don't want to see Camilla become queen which is very unfair.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:57 PM

I think it's mainly the increase in Republican feeling which is nothing to do with any one individual, more modernisation.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't imagine Great Britain as a republic government the movie V for Vendetta showed England as a republic or communist nation.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Nobility

Of course he will. That is the system. Unless, of course, he dies before the Queen.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Commoner

I am a new member. I have read part of thread three. How old is the Archbishop of Canterbusy RT Revd Rowan Williams? Is he young enough to be Archbishop at the time of the possible coranation? I do agreee that Prince William needs more time. However I think people do not care if Charles becomes King. I think they are not prepared for Camilla to be Queen. The way the Royal Family has went about keeping her under wraps is working. If She takes Princess Consort and is not crowned Queen at the coranation then everything will be fine. I do not think she is the one who needs to be told this. Prince Charles is the one who is Jealous. He is tring to Erase Princess Diana with his new wife not her totally. I thik in teh beginning she had a hand in all the spitfullness but not so much now. I am a devoted Princess Diana Fan. But I also feel that by gones should be by gones if the proper service and apology is made.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:35 PM

I think he will, if only to give William's child(ren) a chance to have some semblance of normalcy before having to cope with the additional pressure of being the heir and spare(s). For some unexplained reason, I don't see William having children before his thirtieth birthday.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Prince Charles is the one who is Jealous.
Jealous of what exactly? Being the future King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and 16 other countries? Yeah, he's soooo jealous.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charles has no choice in becoming King nor does William. Under the Act of Settlement, they are automatically in-line to succeed The Queen when she dies as The Sovereign and heir to the throne, respectively. It does not matter if the "people" oppose it or not or whether people "like" Camilla as Queen or not. Britain is a constitutional monarchy with a hereditary Sovereign from the descendants of The Electress Sophia.

Whether Britain becomes a republic or not is an open question, but I doubt it will happen anytime soon (a century or more).
Old 08-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Jealous of what exactly? Being the future King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and 16 other countries? Yeah, he's soooo jealous.

Anyother person who can or does out shine him
Old 08-19-2007, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrosa View Post
Anyother person who can or does out shine him
I don't believe Charles cares whether "someone" outshines him or not. He is The Prince of Wales and the future King. The notion that he was, for example, "jealous" of Diana's public acclaim or resented her success in carrying out duties was debunked many times. If anything, he was very proud and supportive of her. The trouble started later as their respective advisors and staff created "camps" between them and Diana began to resent his relationship with Camilla, even though she too sought comfort outside her marriage.

There have also been reports of "jealousy" with Camilla in the tabloids and among Diana supporters like Richard Kay. I don't believe it, however, it certainly is true he is a difficult man at times.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:17 PM

And your proof for that statement? I don't think Charles was ever jealous of the popularity of Diana, I think he was angry (as alot of people were) that she chose to upstage not only Charles, but the Queen and other members of the Royal Family. It was unprofessional and it did damage the Royal Family because it portrayed the rest of them as surplus to requirements which was extremely wrong. I can't see how Charles could be jealous of Camilla when what she does is quite the opposite and actually supports and works with the Royal Family rather than against it.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
And your proof for that statement? I don't think Charles was ever jealous of the popularity of Diana, I think he was angry (as alot of people were) that she chose to upstage not only Charles, but the Queen and other members of the Royal Family. It was unprofessional and it did damage the Royal Family because it portrayed the rest of them as surplus to requirements which was extremely wrong. I can't see how Charles could be jealous of Camilla when what she does is quite the opposite and actually supports and works with the Royal Family rather than against it.
Exactly. Once Diana's anger and resentment towards the Camilla factor overwhelmed her, even though she was also not faithful, her negative side came out more and more. She became manipulative, spiteful and delusional in her belief that her popularity was a tool to be used in the media to diminish not only Charles, but The Queen herself.

Eventually, this was her fatal mistake that destroyed any chance of a reconciliation with Charles and resulted in the end of her marriage.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post
Eventually, this was her fatal mistake that destroyed any chance of a reconciliation with Charles and resulted in the end of her marriage.
Is this the only thing that destroyed their Marriage? I am asking for other things than the Affair! I would like a United Kingdoms persons point of view. We have obviously been told different things in America even though I have read in excess of 20 books on the Royal Family.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales