The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1241  
Old 02-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
Well yes that is a possibility but also HM might out live her son. And William could become King after the Queen. I think willam's reign along with his grandmother's will be more memorable.
She might even outlive William, he could be kidnapped etc. No matter how much you dream of Charles missing out, as it stands Charles will be the next King, with his rightful wife Camilla, by his side!
__________________

  #1242  
Old 04-03-2007, 12:29 PM
banda_windsor's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 122
I do hope Charles will reign and Camilla become a Queen Consort. not a princess consort!
__________________

__________________
"The Hardest Thing to Govern, is the Heart"
  #1243  
Old 04-03-2007, 05:31 PM
sirhon11234's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
It may be YOUR dream sirhon, but i´m sure that this will not happen.
The next King will be Charles, and he will be a great one!
Well that is Your opinion we can't tell the future. And it's not my dream to see Charles predecease his mother Milla Ca, I was only stating a possibility.
__________________
"I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved."
Diana, the Princess of Wales
  #1244  
Old 04-03-2007, 09:37 PM
ZandraRae's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 569
Will Charles ever reign? Only time will tell for sure, but IMO I am pretty sure he will. He is in good health and would make a great king one day.
  #1245  
Old 04-04-2007, 02:58 AM
HRH Kimetha's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZandraRae
Will Charles ever reign? Only time will tell for sure, but IMO I am pretty sure he will. He is in good health and would make a great king one day.
I think so, too. There's a lot of people that don't care for him and others won't let him move on after Diana because they won't let Diana rest. She has become a bore to me lately and Charles & Camilla seems to be so full of life and compliment each other. There's really not much being a King, since it's really a symbol anyway. Let him reign and let his life have relevance next to his love of his life. That's my say on it.
  #1246  
Old 04-04-2007, 03:55 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
She has become a bore to me lately and Charles & Camilla seems to be so full of life and compliment each other.
Diana has become a bore to you? perculiar comment considering she has been deceased for 10 years.

Perhaps it's more the attempts to project a saintly (or whatever) image of this lady, rather than Diana herself which has you somewhat miffed? That I can understand.

Yes, Charles and Camilla are wonderful for one another. It's really great to see! There's no doubt Charles shall reign and rightly so. The 'alternative' is ludicrous and without foundation imo.

Quote:
There's really not much being a King, since it's really a symbol anyway
I can assure you that the British monarch is so much more than just a 'symbol'. That is largely an incorrect observation (with all due respect).
  #1247  
Old 04-04-2007, 04:21 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
I think so, too. There's a lot of people that don't care for him and others won't let him move on after Diana because they won't let Diana rest. She has become a bore to me lately and Charles & Camilla seems to be so full of life and compliment each other. There's really not much being a King, since it's really a symbol anyway. Let him reign and let his life have relevance next to his love of his life. That's my say on it.
I second your view concerning Diana. IMHO she really believed that fate has given her the position as The Princess of Wales because it was her mission to change things. Thus she behaved accordingly instead of seeing herself as a supporter of the monarchy. She did believe in my opinion that she was much more important than Charles, that fate had chosen him to elevate her to her position as ambassador for whatever she felt was important, no matter what the other Royals thought. A firm belief in one's fate can turn out to be a kind of hubris - and then you simply don't put on your seatbelt when it's inconvenient because you are so sure that you survive as long as your mission is not accomplished. Fate showed her in my opinion that she was wrong.

But - her followers who still believe in her mission of course cannot accept that the greatest heredict of all - the man who divorced her and took away her Royal title, becomes king after all. Her followers cannot accept that their guru died because of a forgotten seatbelt. They have to believe in sinsiter plots to end this life whose mission wasn't yet accomplished. So - there you are.

While in the real world Britain's monarchy seems to be pretty stable and thus tradition will be followed when the current souverain dies: The queen is dead, long live the King! Of course not in any case the parents die before their children - but whoever saw the terrible grief of parents who lost their child won't wish for Charles' death before his mother, only to make Diana's idea of a king William without a king Charles before him to come true.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #1248  
Old 04-04-2007, 06:32 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator in Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,469
I've deleted a couple of posts 'predicting' when the Queen will die because I think it tasteless and tacky.

Warren
British Forums moderator
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
  #1249  
Old 04-04-2007, 07:30 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
I've deleted a couple of posts 'predicting' when the Queen will die because I think it tasteless and tacky.

Warren
British Forums moderator
Ah Warren, you restore my faith in the Forums. We can all be as irreverent, inflamatory, blinkered, and bolshy as we like.

But when it comes to tastless and tacky, well..... one has to draw the line somewhere.

You never *****foot around. Your reasons are ever clear, concise and, in your face! Long may you continue!

ps: wherever did the ***** come from?
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #1250  
Old 04-04-2007, 07:34 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG
ps: wherever did the ***** come from?
You can't put such a rude word as pus*y.
  #1251  
Old 04-04-2007, 07:39 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 9,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
You can't put such a rude word as pus*y.
Felinefooting is not considered rude in the colonies, but I will take your word for it, oh wise one!
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #1252  
Old 04-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator in Memoriam
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,469
The vBulletin software has inbuilt programming designed to protect the innocent, the faint-hearted, and certain felines.
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
  #1253  
Old 04-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 4,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
The vBulletin software has inbuilt programming designed to protect the innocent, the faint-hearted, and certain felines.
I am envisioning hoards of slothful, pampered *****cats, spending their lives on soft pillows of down, stretching and curling and rolling up into contented balls of fluffiness, never knowing whey they were being censored
< ed >
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #1254  
Old 04-05-2007, 11:34 AM
sirhon11234's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
I second your view concerning Diana. IMHO she really believed that fate has given her the position as The Princess of Wales because it was her mission to change things. Thus she behaved accordingly instead of seeing herself as a supporter of the monarchy. She did believe in my opinion that she was much more important than Charles, that fate had chosen him to elevate her to her position as ambassador for whatever she felt was important, no matter what the other Royals thought. A firm belief in one's fate can turn out to be a kind of hubris - and then you simply don't put on your seatbelt when it's inconvenient because you are so sure that you survive as long as your mission is not accomplished. Fate showed her in my opinion that she was wrong.

But - her followers who still believe in her mission of course cannot accept that the greatest heredict of all - the man who divorced her and took away her Royal title, becomes king after all. Her followers cannot accept that their guru died because of a forgotten seatbelt. They have to believe in sinsiter plots to end this life whose mission wasn't yet accomplished. So - there you are.

While in the real world Britain's monarchy seems to be pretty stable and thus tradition will be followed when the current souverain dies: The queen is dead, long live the King! Of course not in any case the parents die before their children - but whoever saw the terrible grief of parents who lost their child won't wish for Charles' death before his mother, only to make Diana's idea of a king William without a king Charles before him to come true.
There is no need to sound harsh Jo. This a thread about Charles becoming King and not Diana's opinon of him becoming King.
__________________
"I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved."
Diana, the Princess of Wales
  #1255  
Old 04-05-2007, 02:06 PM
HRH Kimetha's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
I can assure you that the British monarch is so much more than just a 'symbol'. That is largely an incorrect observation (with all due respect).
It was late or early when I commented, so I didn't mean it as it sounded. I meant that there wasn't any state or political meetings or catastrophes the King needed to attend because he had to do so to make political decisions. I realize the amount of work and charitable organizations that the monarch attends to. For that, Charles need not to be overshot by his son because of his personal life with Diana.

And, yes. I have become quite bored with Diana because of the same ole dredged up stories, personal attributions and flaws this woman had. I loved this lady and when she died, I also couldn't stand Charles and didn't want him to have the kids, etc etc. However, as a single parent stepping into the shoes of one, he has done well. His boys love their father and have become his world. Yes, the nannies and boarding school did help him raise the boys, but Diana was there to help them early and Charles later in their early and mid-teen years. So, if I offended Diana worshippers, didn't mean to.
  #1256  
Old 04-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,978
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
personal attributions and flaws this woman had.
That's rather unfortunate but each to their own.

Quote:
I loved this lady and when she died
So what exactly has she done in the mean time? How you can like someone in life and come not to like them in death is beyond me.

Perhaps you are someone who is primarily taken by the indaviduals celebrity rather than the person themselves.

And as I'm no Diana "worshipper", no offence was taken
  #1257  
Old 04-05-2007, 09:47 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
So what exactly has she done in the mean time? How you can like someone in life and come not to like them in death is beyond me.
Well because you find out more about the person after they died and what you find out changes your opinion of them. Or a characteristic of that person that you once thought was so great doesn't seem so great any more.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
  #1258  
Old 04-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Well because you find out more about the person after they died and what you find out changes your opinion of them. Or a characteristic of that person that you once thought was so great doesn't seem so great any more.
Oh I see...
  #1259  
Old 04-06-2007, 02:50 AM
HRH Kimetha's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale
Perhaps you are someone who is primarily taken by the indaviduals celebrity rather than the person themselves.
Actually, far from the truth. If you knew who I was and what I've done in life, you wouldn't think that way of me. But, not wanting to let the worms out of the can, suffice it to say, some of the "celebrities" I know are rather overrated and if people knew them on a personal level they wouldn't really care for them. On the other hand, others I know are good people both professionally and personally.
  #1260  
Old 04-06-2007, 03:21 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
Actually, far from the truth. If you knew who I was and what I've done in life, you wouldn't think that way of me.
Of course I don't know you and I don't claim to. I did not intend to state that that is they way you infact think though given your statement, I thought it a possibility. You have since made it clear that is not the case, and so I have no reason to doubt you. I appreciate your reply

Quote:
But, not wanting to let the worms out of the can
But..this is 'the' Forums
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reign of Felipe VI: How Will Things Be Different? muriel King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family 90 01-03-2017 06:30 PM
“The Lady Queen: the Notorious Reign of Joanna I, Queen of Naples, Jerusalem, and Sic An Ard Ri Royal Library 0 07-06-2014 07:27 PM
Is Victoria Ready to Reign? NotAPretender Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 20 06-19-2011 07:05 AM
Elizabeth II: Oldest British Monarch (Dec 20 2007); 2nd Longest Reign (May 12 2011) WindsorIII Queen Elizabeth II 33 05-30-2011 07:40 AM




Popular Tags
america archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian baby names birth britain britannia british royal family camilla camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries coronation customs daisy duchess of sussex duke of cambridge duke of sussex edward vii elizabeth ii family life family tree fashion and style gemstones george vi gradenigo hello! henry viii highgrove hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs jack brooksbank japan jewellery kensington palace książ castle lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers medical monarchist movements monarchists mongolia mountbatten nara period pless politics portugal prince harry princess eugenie queen elizabeth ii queen louise royal ancestry royalty of taiwan solomon j solomon spanish royal family suthida taiwan thai royal family tradition united states of america wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:34 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×