Will Camilla ever become Queen?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
polop said:
I really hope she doesn't become a queen.I mean stealing someone's man is one thing, but bluntly trying to take someone's place is another.

The place she would be taking is Queen Consort, last held by the late Queen Mother. The "place" has been vacant and unavailable since 1952 and I don't think anyone, the late Queen Mother included, thought that the place would never be held again.

It's nothing to do with the Queen! Thats the law. She can't stop Camilla being Queen. And so yes, We do know! We know exactly whats going to happen.

BeatrixFan said:
Do you know Johnny, you're wasting your breath. Really. When will you people learn that tradition doesn't change because you liked some leggy blonde bit. Camilla is married to OUR future King and she will be OUR future Queen and that is that. You can bring morality into it as much as you like but when all is said and done, she will be Queen and that is that. Finished and over. It seems that the people intent on Camilla not being Queen don't even live in the UK or in one of our realms so with all due respect, what on earth has it got to do with you if she becomes OUR Queen or not?

you not are ALL, camilla is YOUR future queen, not for all. please, respect that for another people not is HER future queen. England have many people, for many camilla is the future queen for anothers not, is very simple.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Charles wasnt the only one to go to someone else for comfort. Diana did too. They both went there seperate ways and found love somewhere else. That was more than ten years ago. The ethics and morals have nothing to do with it. They are human and many people have divorced and found others. Why should someone step down because of "morality" when they have shown themselves to be excellent royals. Why is it that one event in one chapter of their lives will damn them forever and ruin there lives. We have all messed up but have moved on and grown up and learned from our mistakes. So have they.

If she does become the queen, as you say, I think that it will the end of monorachy in Britain. Can you imagine "Queen Camilla"????The sound of it makes me...

No corazon the queen has nothing to do with it. The little hints that the Queen has given has shown approval over Camilla and that she wants Camilla to be a great asset to the monarchy and nation. Nothing can change the fact that Camilla will be Queen Consort exept death. The Queen would never ask Charles to renounce his rights or abdicate when she dies. She saw first hand what the abdication crisis did and she does not want that for the monarchy. I think I am waisting my breath. Simple answer to your original question polop. She will become Queen Consort and I can assure you that she will be called that and be crowned. The Palace has learned that people have accepted Camilla after being married and that they will accept her as Queen when she becomes one.

I think not using the title Princess of Wales showed great sensitivity. I think it was a good move, even if things hadn't happened the way they had, it would be a good move from anyone. I know legally she will be Queen, but I think she'd opt not to use that title for some reason. Just a feeling I get, but hey, I have been wrong before!:)

Corazon - I'm trying so hard to explain as simply as I can. When the Queen dies, Charles will become King. Whether you recognise him or not, thats what he'll be. King of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland etc etc etc. Camilla, as his wife, will be Queen. She will be Queen of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland. She will be the British Queen. She is the future Queen of every British subject and every subject in our foreign realms too. So yes, it's very simple - she will be Queen for the British - not for the Americans, not for the Germans, not for the French, for the British - thats her future position and if you don't like it then you better get used to it because it's going to happen.

polop said:
If she does become the queen, as you say, I think that it will the end of monorachy in Britain. Can you imagine "Queen Camilla"????The sound of it makes me...

amen, i totally agree with you!

BeatrixFan said:
Corazon - I'm trying so hard to explain as simply as I can. When the Queen dies, Charles will become King. Whether you recognise him or not, thats what he'll be. King of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland etc etc etc. Camilla, as his wife, will be Queen. She will be Queen of England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland. She will be the British Queen. She is the future Queen of every British subject and every subject in our foreign realms too. So yes, it's very simple - she will be Queen for the British - not for the Americans, not for the Germans, not for the French, for the British - thats her future position and if you don't like it then you better get used to it because it's going to happen.
and if she can used the title? like duchess of windsor

Yes I can imagine Queen Camilla and it won't be the end of the Monarchy. If it is it will be a British affair and nothing to do with anybody else. So you can .... all you like.

What on earth has the Duchess of Windsor got to do with anything?

Polop since Camilla has joined the firm intreset in the monarchy has increased. The Camilla effect is one reason why the recent visit to America got so much coverage. Another reason why the Royal Family has been having a lot of positive news coverage on BBC and other respectable papers. She has stabalized Charles and she is good for the monarchy not the end.

you not are ALL, camilla is YOUR future queen, not for all. please, respect that for another people not is HER future queen. England have many people, for many camilla is the future queen for anothers not, is very simple

She will be the Queen Consort to the UK and the Commonwealth realms. That is the law. If the people dont want to recognize her as Queen than mind as well bring on the republic.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Polop since Camilla has joined the firm intreset in the monarchy has increased. The Camilla effect is one reason why the recent visit to America got so much coverage. Another reason why the Royal Family has been having a lot of positive news coverage on BBC and other respectable papers. She has stabalized Charles and she is good for the monarchy not the end.

She will be the Queen Consort to the UK and the Commonwealth realms. That is the law. If the people dont want to recognize her as Queen than mind as well bring on the republic.

she will be a queen from a country like said here ''de facto'' that the public leve her and acept her is another thing. many monarchists of the world (not nessesary people from the united kindon) never see her to one queen.,

Princejonnhy25 said:

Um, not to break you heart or anything, but if you pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE magazine, you will see that Camilla and Charles visit was not of as much success as they had hoped for. She even wore the same necklace as Diana did. So you see, you can take her man, take her childeren, even take her title, but you can never take away the impact she had on soooo many people. I bet you if you ask some Americans in 3 months what they thought of the visit, many of them won't even remember it.

It doesn't matter what foreign people think - it matters what the British people think and if they accept her, as they have as Duchess and will as Queen, then thats all we need to worry about.

Forget it. I will let you believe what you want. It is your right. But to answer the original question simply and for the last time. She will become Her Majesty Queen Camilla, The Queen Consort when the Queen Regent dies.

in monaco has a law similar and prnce reinero with the parliament change the law for andrea can be prince later alberts if he not have sons or daughters, the law can change if the moanrch want the change. For that I said, we don't know what will be happend in the next years.

I bet you if you ask some Americans in 3 months what they thought of the visit, many of them won't even remember it

It doesn't matter what the Americans think! Do you honestly think we need American approval of our Queen? No we don't thankyou very much. Diana is dead. Maybe you've been underground for 8 years? She is dead. She isn't coming back. She would have been a hopeless Queen just as she was a terrible wife and I for one am glad she is out of the way and a true British woman displaying true British qualities is going to rule alongside our Queen. She can do what she likes, when she likes, she can wear what she likes - she has the man she loves and it drives you all mad doesn't it? Well thats life - she's going to be our Queen and Diana will be forever confined to the pages of a history book.

why for everything is for some about diana? nobody said nothing about diana, camilla never can be comparated with diana, diana is dead and MANY people in the world still love her, but if charles become king or not nos will be for diana, will be for himself, and camila ,ayne become queen or may be she dead we cant know the future.
And may be diana in this moments is in a history book, but she is for herself, not for the the wife of charles, and she ever will be in history book because she IS the future's king mother. Nothing can change the fact that william ever will be charles and diana's son, not charles and camilla's son. and some day (may be soon many not) in england will have like king a diana's son.

I dont want charles become king for the monarchy, not for diana. If charles has remorse must clarify it with his conscience, not with me.. .
this not is for diana or william-.

polop, I must say that the way you started this thread was a bit deceptive.

You asked a seemingly open question to which you already had a strong opinion on. Only when others started posting opinions different than yours, did you come out with yours and your opinions were so forceful it appears doubtful that anyone can change your opinion.

It would have been a bit more open and honest to your fellow members, if you had stated upfront your strongly held opinions.

That is just my opinion.

im not going give Camilla become Queen neither!

but i would disagree with posts because i wanted Prince Charles nor Prince William to become King after HM Queen's death but i do support Prince Charles for become King and also William too! but i wanted to remind Princess Diana

Camilla will be Queen. And unlike the present situation, she cannot assume the title of Princess Consort without Parliament passing legislation allowing her to do so. This is because of 1936 and the legal precedents established at the time in which the wife of the King is automatically Queen, unless Parliament approves another style.

In the case of Edward VIII, the Prime Minister, opposition parties and the Dominions all refused to introduce legislation allowing Wallis to assume another title and style as the wife of the King, rather than Queen. Edward could have married her without the approval of his ministers, but the Government would have resigned in protest, causing a constitutional crisis. He abdicated to avoid a conflict between the Crown and Parliament over the marriage.

Last edited:
sara1981 said:
im not going give Camilla become Queen neither!

but i would disagree with posts because i wanted Prince Charles nor Prince William to become King after HM Queen's death but i do support Prince Charles for become King and also William too! but i wanted to remind Princess Diana

sarah, i agree with you, ;) but I don't want that charles besome in king, :eek:

polop said:

I am afraid you are wrong. If she doesn't become Queen, then it's 1936 all over again and the end of the monarchy for good.

The Government approved the marriage knowing Camilla will be Queen. No Parliament or future Prime Minister is going to introduce a legal precedent for the wife of the King to be anything but Queen Consort. It's just that simple.

Didn't a member of parliament actually ask that very question in the lead up to the wedding?

1. What would Camilla's titles actually be as opposed to what she would be called? The reply was: yes she would be (and now is) the Princess of Wales but will be using (and now is using) Charles longer held title of Duchess of Cornwell. (Charles became Duke of Cornwall at some time in the early hours of 6th February 1952 when his mother became Queen).

2. The reply to the question about her becoming Queen was yes Camilla would be Queen UNLESS parliament enacted legislation to prevent it. (As the government doesn't want a debate on the titles of the monarchy, as it could lead to a debate on whether or not to have a monarch at all, it is highly unlikely that that debate will take place.)

Therefore when the present Queen dies Charles will become King. As the wife of the King Camilla will become Queen Consort and I for one will rejoice in calling her my Queen, just as I do now with her mother-in-law.

Amy said:
I have a question to bring into this. PRESUMING she does style herself Queen, will she be Queen Camilla or choose another name? Queen Mary's real name was May but she was always known as Queen Mary. Would Camilla keep her name or choose something else? And if so what should she be named?

Queen Mary's name was Victoria Mary (and a string of other names), and May was a nickname because she was born in May. I assume she chose Mary rather than Victoria or Victoria Mary because Victoria was so closely associated with the old Queen Regnant.

ENOUGH.

It would appear that some of you people don't know when to stop pushing your luck. I was wondering why the Charles/Camilla/Diana thread wasn't getting a lot of posts recently, and I see it's because the circus has left town and fetched up here. We have the same people making the same posts, talking past each other, saying nothing new but rehashing the exact same stuff from the other thread, dividing into cliques and defending extreme positions with no tolerance or consideration for others, and as a result we have posters who have given up even trying to contribute.

Warren, Martine, and I have been hearing from long-time members of these forums who are no longer posting in the Wales threads, or even in the British forum, because of the constant in-fighting. Even some of the other moderators have said that they no longer come here because reading this stuff is no pleasure and joining in the conversation is a sure way to invite being dumped on by the pro-Diana clique or the pro-Camilla clique - and I'm using the word "clique" deliberately, because that's what seems to have developed.

There's serious talk among the administrators of closing the entire British forum for a cooling-off period because it's becoming so unpleasant in here. There's also talk of handing out mass suspensions if this nonsense keeps up, because there's obviously a hard core of people who aren't paying attention to what the moderators are saying. These threads are for conversations about the royals; they aren't for worshippers of Diana to martyr themselves against all comers in her memory, they aren't for Diana haters to trash her reputation, they aren't for cheerleading posts and egging on posters who are busy trashing either royals or other posters, and they aren't for Little Englanders to tell foreign posters to keep their opinions to themselves. And above all, they aren't for people to post unsubstantiated gossip and innuendo and call it truth.

We try to keep the discussions as open as possible, but this privilege is being abused constantly in threads on the subject of Charles and his past and future. Therefore, from now on the moderation team is going to start applying the rules more strictly, which will mean a lot more editing and deleting of posts and warnings and suspensions of people who persist in waging war. And if that doesn't help, you can look forward to having the forum closed for a while. It absolutely beggars belief that a bunch of adults can't be civilised in an online conversation but have to start dividing into armed camps and waging war.

To be blunt, I'd rather see the return of the people who have left in despair at the juvenile level of "discussion" on these topics than a continuation of said "discussion." When we reach the point, which we seem to have done, where less valuable members are chasing away more valuable ones, things need to change. The one-dimensional posters among you can start engaging in adult discussion or you're going to run the risk of being removed from the board so that the grown-ups can come back. I'm not prepared to carry on spending this many hours each week trying to referee this mess when so many of the people involved are showing precious few signs of wanting a mature discussion. We're not interested in having playground wars. Those of you whose major interest in this topic is to take entrenched positions and launch grenades at the other side are cordially invited to grow up or get the hell out.

Thank you.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom