Which countries would you like to see Charles & Camilla visit over the next few years

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muriel

Imperial Majesty
City
London / Guildford
Country
United Kingdom
Which countries would you like to see Charles & Camilla visit over the next few years

It would be interesting to hear which countries you think Charles and Camilla shoud visit over the next few years. I personally think the focus should be on Africa and the commonwealth countries for a number of reasons. Firstly, their visits would bring further attention to the region, help channel investment, highlight charitable causes and also, help secure Charles' place as successor to the Queen as the head of the Commonwealth. Some of the work that William and Harry are doing in the region can also complement Charles and Camilla.

All the Commonwealth ,USA ,Russia Norway Sweden Denmark Finland Isreal Germany and South Africa.

As a selfish French resident, I'd like them to visit France :D.

Charles hasn't been Down Under since his engagement to Camilla and he did say he would bring her here.

I hope he does so soon, along with the Commonwealth countries.

He should take her to all his future realms, especially Australia and New Zealand. We seem to be getting more visits these days from foreign royalty than British and personally I have no interest in their visits at all. I want to see my future King and his consort.

As a selfish French resident, I'd like them to visit France :D.

They are - but admittedly only briefly this coming November 11th to mark the 90th anniversary of the end of WWI. I think they are due to meet President Sarkozy and wife.

Charles hasn't been Down Under since his engagement to Camilla and he did say he would bring her here.

He should take her to all his future realms, especially Australia and New Zealand. We seem to be getting more visits these days from foreign royalty than British and personally I have no interest in their visits at all. I want to see my future King and his consort.

The problem is that Prince Charles doesn't have an input into the decision. It is made by the Queen's and the PM's staff and if neither of them want to send them to Australia, New Zealand etc then there's nothing much he can do about it. I think Canada is actually 'owed' half a royal tour by Prince Charles. When he last went it was during the big foot & mouth outbreak in the UK & the Canadian govt wouldn't allow him to visit any rural areas so it halved the vist from 10 days to 5.

They are - but admittedly only briefly this coming November 11th to mark the 90th anniversary of the end of WWI. I think they are due to meet President Sarkozy and wife.

Cool! I wasn't aware of that. Thanks!:flowers:
I believe it will be aired on TV so I'll watch for them :D

China and Australia are my choices. I would like to have a chance to see my favourable royals by my eyes in Australia since I am a resident there now;

Since Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and his daughter have visited China recently via (Olympics Games , and Earthquake areas), I would like to have Prince Charles and his wife to visit China any time soon to promote envirionmental issues, heritage reseverations issues, and community-(youth and volunteer) and so on.

I'd love to see them in Belgium, and especially Liège, I can dream !

Yes, Australia should be high on their list. And I extend a genuine offer for them to spend a night or two at our place, I'm sure they'll be no trouble at all.

Australia, please. I would like to see them here showing an interest in us, and I would just like to see them. :)

believe it will be aired on TV so I'll watch for them :D

On France 2 between 10 and 12 am ;)

Can't wait ....:ROFLMAO:

i dream to see charles and camilla in my contrie Morocco , and especially my specialy my city Tetouan !! i wll be the first to welcome my lovely duchess camilla !!!!!

It would be interesting to hear which countries you think Charles and Camilla shoud visit over the next few years. I personally think the focus should be on Africa and the commonwealth countries for a number of reasons. Firstly, their visits would bring further attention to the region, help channel investment, highlight charitable causes and also, help secure Charles' place as successor to the Queen as the head of the Commonwealth. Some of the work that William and Harry are doing in the region can also complement Charles and Camilla.
I would like to see HRH Prince Charles to visit Malaysia in the near future.

Australia, please. I would like to see them here showing an interest in us, and I would just like to see them. :)

I have no doubt they would love to visit your great country. There might just be the slight problem of vast numbers of your fellow countrymen and women wanting to metaphorically(!) guillotine them.

Well, I'd love to see them visit Queen Beatrix in the Netherlands, Queen Margrethe in Denmark and King Carl Gustav in Sweden. I think those would be lovely glittering trips.

Yes, Holland would be nice. He and Queen Bea could be talking about horses all day!!

And can you imagine the war of the hats between the Queen and the Duchess?

I would like them to visit the U.S. -- more specifically, the Midwest (where I live!).

They are most welcome to Norway! I would love to see them here.

I suspect we might see them visit the Euopean monrchies a bit more now. I think Charles' 60th bitthday was probably Camilla's first event with a large quotient of European royalty, no doubt pulled off with aplomb.

I could not agree more. At the moment there is a question of whether or not Australia should become a republic or not, I personally would be devastated if it did as I am a monarchist so I think it maybe in the best interest of the commonwealth for the British royal family to pay a little more attention to the remaining commonwealth countries.

I could not agree more. At the moment there is a question of whether or not Australia should become a republic or not, I personally would be devastated if it did as I am a monarchist so I think it maybe in the best interest of the commonwealth for the British royal family to pay a little more attention to the remaining commonwealth countries.
Unfortunately, it isn't just a matter of them paying more attention to commonwealth nations.Before they can undertake a tour, they need an invitation from the host country. With the P.M. and leader of the opposition being avowed republicans I can't see one being issued.

Unfortunately, it isn't just a matter of them paying more attention to commonwealth nations.Before they can undertake a tour, they need an invitation from the host country. With the P.M. and leader of the opposition being avowed republicans I can't see one being issued.
Theoretically thats right. In practice, its not difficult for the PoW to get invited to wherever he wants to go. He then has to play his cards carefully and seek government support for the trip.

Well, as I live in Virginia and was here when HM The Queen came last year I would love to see Charles and Camilla come to my great state as well! I'm sure that President Elect will issue a gracious invitation as did President Bush and hopefully we will see them entertained at least in Washington with full ceremony (that means tiaras and orders!!)
I do agree that Charles and Camilla should visit Australia, and Africa certainly. Brazil could be interesting, and Spain, of course. It's a beautiful country and I can't think offhand of a time Charles has been, although I'm sure he has.

Back
Top Bottom