Which countries would you like to see Charles & Camilla visit over the next few years

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A very successful Scandinavian tour by Charles and Camilla. I think people are really warming to Camilla especially. On TV here this morning a few commentators were remarking on the pictures of Camilla in Denmark, which made the front pages of a few newspapers, and they remarked that the more people see of Camilla the more they like her.

Do you think there might be visits to the Benelux monarchies also? They visited Spain and Morocco last year. Or maybe the Benelux royals might come the other way? Either way Charles and Camilla are going to be exceptionally busy with the visits already announced.

Do you think there might be visits to the Benelux monarchies also? They visited Spain and Morocco last year. Or maybe the Benelux royals might come the other way? Either way Charles and Camilla are going to be exceptionally busy with the visits already announced.

Would love too see Charles and Camilla in Benelux, especially the Netherlands. The two Queens (Elizabeth and Beatrix) appear to have very warm relationships, so it would be quite interesting to see how things are between Charles, Camilla, Wilem-Alexander and Maxima.

In terms of state visits: QEII can make a state visit to all of the Benelux, since all countries have different monarchs than during her earlier state visits (to Baudouin, Jean and Juliana). Queen Beatrix already paid a state visit to QEII in the 80-ties but Albert II and Henri still can pay one.

A Charles & Camilla visit to the Benelux would be nice but hardly on their list of priorities in this jubilee year I would think.

I don't think Máxima and WA have met Charles & Camilla that often. Only at short wedding reception/lunch in London last year (not sure if C&C attended, the bridal couple did not). And they went to Charles' birthday party a few years ago.

Last edited:
In terms of state visits: QEII can make a state visit to all of the Benelux, since all countries have different monarchs than during her earlier state visits (to Baudouin, Jean and Juliana). Queen Beatrix already paid a state visit to QEII in the 80-ties but Albert II and Henri still can pay one.

A Charles & Camilla visit to the Benelux would be nice but hardly on their list of priorities in this jubilee year I would think.

I don't think Máxima and WA have met Charles & Camilla that often. Only at short wedding reception/lunch in London last year (not sure if C&C attended, the bridal couple did not). And they went to Charles' birthday party a few years ago.

I didn't think visits to Scandinavia would be on their list of priorities, in fact I scoffed at the idea of it given they're not Commonwealth countries, but I was wrong.

I think these visits are partly aimed at officially and publicly introducing Camilla to those who will be her contemporaries when Charles accedes the throne. So it might happen later in the year.

If monarchs and future monarchs meet each other more frequently, I think it helps to strengthen the notion of monarchy around the world. Makes sense that Charles and Camilla would travel to places to meet the people who will be their peers one day.

I think it would be nice to see Charles and Camilla make a working visit to the Benelux countries in the next year or so. Also perhaps, another trip to some of the Commonwealth countries in Africa should be on the agenda in the next few years.

Charles and Camilla will probably visit Malta next year for the Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting.

Not so much a country but the warcemetary in Margraten, the Netherlands.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The most important monarchies will be honoured with a State Visit: Japan, Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Luxembourg. We can be sure about that.

The most important monarchies will be honoured with a State Visit: Japan, Spain, the Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Luxembourg. We can be sure about that.

Charles and Camilla's trips are not state visits, they are official trips. The only countries from the list above they have not visited recently are Belgium and Luxembourg. I suspect they will get a visit at some stage as well.

I am quite keen for them to return to New Zealand and Australia in 2015 or 2016.

I understood the question was "in the next few years" and I automatically assumed it was about King Charles III and his lovely spouse and to which countries they should make a visit.

I stand corrected. As Prince and Princess of Wales I have no real preference. I would like them to make a visit to King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima. Preferrably at Het Loo Palace which is largely restored in the style of William & Mary. Knowing Charles' profound love for architecture, nature and gardening, he would be delighted to see Het Loo Palace in full splendour.

I think it would be good to see C&C do a trip to Oman and to Indonesia and the Philippines.

Once things normalise after COVID, I think it will be time for C&C to visit Canada again, it has been some time.

My guess is that trips to Auz/NZ and Canada will be in the schedule for 2023 for the King and Queen.

My guess is that trips to Auz/NZ and Canada will be in the schedule for 2023 for the King and Queen.

Agree. And probably other European monarchies and most important British allies (USA, France and Germany) are too very high on the list.

I would like to see King Charles III and Queen Camilla visit the United States and Luxembourg.
How well acquainted is Charles with Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg?

I would like King Charles III and Queen Camilla to visit Portugal, Spain, Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

Back
Top Bottom