Watercolours of HRH

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I got a response to my inquiry to the art gallery. :D

Text: Many thanks for the email.
Please find attached our current price list for the works by The Prince of Wales.
Windsor Castle North Aspect is one of the more expensive works priced at £15,000. We are able to offer spreading of payments if this helps at all.
Do let us know if you have any queries or would like to come in at all to view the works.
Warmest wishes

:p You will notice that my choice 'is one of the more expensive works'. The same happens when I pick out jewelry - anything really.

Its heartening to hear that I could 'spread the payments'. Hmmm.....

Now where is that lottery ticket....when is the full moon?

Yikes! Though I cannot say that I'm surprised at the prices. By the way, I have the same issues when it comes to finding jewelry. My eyes go to the most simple, elegant and expensive pieces. Never fails.

Ah, well, Tyger and Daria, at least you both have good taste in choosing the more expensive of artwork and jewelry. I fear I also have "beer pockets and champagne taste," as the saying goes, when it comes to luxury items as well!

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'm quite sure many people who buy these lithographs do so on account of who painted the originals rather than solely on the basis of the picture itself.

Still, each one is limited to 100 copies and is numbered and signed by Charles himself and it all comes in a rather fancy blue box with gold crest!

Seems Charles should have been the one to paint Kate's first portrait; he actually has a lot of talent.

The artist is Susan Crawford. It is owned by the Prince of Wales. It was shared with the public in 2009. It is an oil painting.

Apparently he also did a painting of himself, that is why I said he should have done Kate's.

If he has done a painting of Camilla we have never seen it to judge. :sad:

He is a talented landscape painter. But doing portraits is a whole different cup of worms. We don't know if he has much skill for people. Who knows, perhaps he is van gough and can do both styles, but we have nothing to go by.

Self-portrait is indeed difficult. It has to be that, though, given the site - wouldn't you say? The face is very interesting - has captured something essential, something true. Not easy to do.

Self-Portrait (we assume): http://tinyurl.com/7sk2qzn

Other than this self-portrait, has Prince Charles painted any portraits?

Other than this self-portrait, has Prince Charles painted any portraits?

I doubt very much that was a self-portrait; the style of painting in the painting of P Charles in front of Highgrove is much more contained than his own (very good) loose wash watercolours. The portrait shown above is not even watercolour.

We know that Prince Charles is an artist. Has he painted any Christmas scenes?
:advent::advent::advent:

all the ones that i've seen over the years have been either landscapes or buildings (such as Windsor Castle)

:previous:

Thank you for sharing the link. :flowers:

The Watercolour paintings are beautiful, especially in capturing the natural scenery as well as the historical buildings. ?

Back
Top Bottom