Tom Parker Bowles, Sara Buys and Family: August 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also saw Tom on GMA this morning. He seems like a charming and delightful young man, very funny. He talked a little bit about his family and said although they weren't like the Brady bunch, they all got along very well and William and Harry were very nice young men. He did also say that his mom is finally happy and he was glad for that. I thought it was funny that he called his step-father, Prince Charles. Probably because it was a public forum, wonder what he calls him in private?

Probably because it was a public forum, wonder what he calls him in private?

I believe he calls him "sir".

BBB Thank you so much for mentioning early enough for me to see it.I saw your post at 8:15 :) It is funny normally I don't read the forums until slightly later but I am waiting for a repairman.

Tom really is very charming. It was a nice segment.

I am annoyed though, they don't list him so TIVO can't find him. I wonder what else Tom is on TIVO doesn't know about.?

i was enjoying the read to page 4 then the link went down, i'll try again later. his personality comes out in the words and it fits with the guy i saw on tv. very amusing and personable i liked him alot. the food was reeeaaalllyyyyyy reeeealllllyyyyy grooooosssssssssss. poor diane it was funny. is there a thread for royals that cook? camilla should be on the list- he talks about how good a cook his mother is and his father likes to garden, very affectionate and not "fakeY" (not a word but you know what i mean) thanks trio and your very welcome cde

Last edited:
Actually the fruit Tom and Diane had is really good. It's called Rambutan. I got hooked on it on holiday. It one of my favorite fruits. it is funny I don't really like Lychee but I love rambutan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed how he got Diane Sawyers to eat cock's comb and honeycomb tripe (which she complained about, since it got stuck in her front teeth).

He did seem like an entertaining person.

you and me both its disrespectful imo- the photo caption is correct so perhaps to lend cache to his name and his book- everyone knows camilla parker bowles, most people haven't a clue who the duchess of cornwall is (in the US anyway) very nice photo of them thanks for the links

I tried the chicken recipe. It was a big hit. I'll have to get the book, but I'll pass on the tripe and cockscomb! Blech!!! I cant eat anything organ-y.

his personality comes out in the words and it fits with the guy i saw on tv. very amusing and personable i liked him alot.

I know what you mean. He is such an awesome and funny writer. You can see why everyone just flocks to him. I mean, he seems so popular. I think it's a highly genetic quality because his cousin Ben Elliot is exactly like him as a businessman, literally sucking people toward him with his charm. Those two touch anything, and it turns to gold, and look at Tom's mother, getting the Prince of Wales under her spell for all these years! What kind of Potions are they brewing, and would they share it? :D

I tried the chicken recipe. It was a big hit. I'll have to get the book, but I'll pass on the tripe and cockscomb! Blech!!! I cant eat anything organ-y.

i'm with you scooter i don't do "organ-y" either. one part of the segment they showed organs(liver, stomach, etc) wrapped in intestines and grilled. :eek: can you imagine:eek:
aside from the fact he seems really cool for his fortitude in writing this book he might deserve a thread of his own:wub:
i'm trying the chicken this weekend only adding fresh herbs and garlic inside with the lemon, being texans my hubby would complain if it didn't have a little zippy to it otherwise he calls it bland and pours salsa on it:lol:

He seems like a charming enough man...although the picture in People magazine did not do him any justice he looks old and haggared...

I tried the chicken as well....fantastic!!!!!!!!! I have tried a few other of his dishes and rather like them.

Has anybody seen Tom on Market Kitchen on UKTV Food? He looks rather dishy, though it is clear he does not know very much about food when compared with the other presenters.

I haven't but that's due to me boycotting the show. It replaced a programme called Great Food Live with a lady called Jeni Barnett who was fabulous and the whole show was generally brilliant. They cut it off in it's prime and replaced it with Market Kitchen which was really just a vehicle to get Tom Parker-Bowles onto the channel. So I haven't watched.

I am hoping Market Kitchen comes here. I admit for someone who really isn't into food, I do enjoy his columns. And he was really good on Good Morning America when he was pushing his book.

A Short Biography for Tom Parker Bowles

Birth and Education

Thomas Henry Parker Bowles (more commony known simply as Tom) was born on December 18, 1974 to Andrew and Camilla Parker Bowles. His stepfather (through his mother’s second marriage) and Godfather is Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales. His stepmother (through his father’s second marriage) is Rosemary Parker Bowles. His younger sister is Laura Lopes and his step-brothers are Princes William and Harry.

Two pictures from Tom’s childhood (credit to LaMinka): Andrew, Camilla, Tom & Laura ; Camilla, Tom & Laura

Tom was educated at Summer Fields prep school in Oxford. He then attended the Eton Collage and Worcester Collage, Oxford, where he was a member (and possibly leader) of the exclusive and notorious Piers Gaveston Society (other notable members were Hugh Grant and Count Gottfried von Bismarck).

Although the media maintained Tom might have had a difficult youth, because of the long-term relationships of his mother and the Prince of Wales, on those rare occasions Tom did speak to public about his personal life (mainly answering questions during the presentations of his books), he claimed that both he and his sister had a great childhood, because they never had to doubt the love their parents had for them. Tom also spoke most highly of his step-father, calling him ‘an amazing man, who knows absolutely well the stuff he talks about’ (this was a reference to organic food and gardening, of which Prince Charles is a champion of promoting).

Career

Tom is a food columnist, as well as the author of two books about food. From 1997 to 2000 Tom was a junior publicist for Dennis Davidson Associates, a public relations firm. He later started working for the Mail on Sunday and the Tatler magazine. His first book, E is for Eating – An Alphabet of Greed was published in 2004. His second book, The Year of Eating Dangerously, was published in October 2006. Both books, expecially the second one, were received extremely well by the critics and brought a great success to Tom. Apart from writing, Tom is also a television presenter: he currently co-presents Market Kitchen for UKTV Food.

Writing about his prized recipes appears to be his current focus, however in the late 1990s and early 2000s, Tom was the leader in a group of Old Etonians, who had a clever head for business. He and his cousin, Ben Elliot, along with Luca Del Bono, Ben Goldsmith, James Tollemache and other leading members of the privileged group of young Old Etonian entrepreneurs founded Quintessentially. All members of that society reached heights in their chosen areas of career.

Marriage

On September 10, 2005 Tom married Sara Buys in St. Nicholas’ Church, Rotherfield Grey, an Anglican Chruch, although Tom, like Laura, was raised as Roman Catholic.

Sara Buys is a fashion features editor at Harpers & Queen.

Among the guests were Andrew and Rosmary Parker Bowles, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, Laura Lopes (then Parker Bowles), Princes William and Harry, Annabel Elliot (Camilla's sister), the late Major Bruce Shand (Camilla's father) and Ben Elliot (Tom's cousin, business collaborator and the best man to the groom at the wedding).

The Wedding thread of Tom Parker Bowles & Sara Buys

Children

On March 18, 2007 Tom and Sara announced to the Daily Mail that they are expecting their first child, due in September 2007. The Duches of Cornwall was said to be ‘absolutely over the moon’. His sister Laura announced her won pregnancy soon after.

Last edited:
They cut it off in it's prime and replaced it with Market Kitchen which was really just a vehicle to get Tom Parker-Bowles onto the channel. So I haven't watched.

A bit harsh? If anything, Gordon Ramsay´s wife Tana and other chefs from his empire ( Mark Sargent, Angela Hartnett etc) seem to get more air time than Tom - so if anything, it is a programme designed to promote the Ramsay brand rather than Tom!

Has she had her baby yet? She must be coming up on her due date, if its September of 2007.

18 September 2007
Tom Parker Bowles strolled with his usual confident air into the thanksgiving service for Isabella Blow at the Guards Chapel, Wellington Barracks. But something was off.... :D rex picture Don't see it? Look again, and look down. :lol:
What a guy, such character! :ROFLMAO:

I think Tom has a thing for brightly colored socks. He had a a dark suit on GMA ad wore bright red ones!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the socks, show he doesn't take himself to serious, no matter what I think about Camilla morals about marriage, I can't question her motherhood, both children seem to have grown to be well adjusted adults.
Has anyone heard about the baby yet?

Well, now I am very intrigued about Tom's socks. Every time I see pics of him, you know where I'll be glancing. No, not there, at his socks, sickos! :lol:

Tom Parker Bowles: In high spirits after downing tequilas
written by Tom Parker Bowles for The Daily Mail

Thought tequila was simply a fast track to oblivion? Wrong - paired with the right dishes, the finest brands help create an exotic feast

"The versatility of tequila is quite incredible," says Henry Besant, drink guru and part-owner of Shoreditch's Green And Red bar and restaurant.

"We have more than 300 different varieties, each with its own separate tastes and characteristics.

"At its best tequila is easily equal to the finest whisky or cognac."

I sit by the bar in silence, ashamed that my tequila knowledge stops at shots, shooters and memory loss.
Read more

Does anybody know if Tom and Sara are planning to have the baby privately or at an NHS hospital?

The only thing Tom said was that they were starting to looking at hosipitals... I assume they are going private though.

Sara must have had the baby by now. When they announced she was pregnant it came out in the Sunday edition of the Mail. They probably are going to do the same thing when the baby is born.

From the information we have been given it just seems like Sara should have had the baby by now.

From the information we have been given it just seems like Sara should have had the baby by now.

In an interview during his tour promoting his book, Tom Parker Bowles said the baby was due in October.

There's still no baby news but on Tuesday, 25 September Tom attended the launch party for the new London restaurant called Marco.
There aren't pics of Sara also there. It looked like Tom was there solo.
REX pic
REX pic 2
REX caption:
Launch of 'Marco' : Marco Pierre White's new Restaurant, Stamford Bridge, Fulham Road, London, Britain - 25 Sep 2007
Tom Parker Bowles, James Archer and Tara Bernard with guest

FROM GETTY: Marco Pierre White Opens Restaurant
LONDON - SEPTEMBER 25: .... Tom Parker Bowles and Tara Bernard attend the opening of Marco Pierre White's new restaurant, at the Chelsea Football Club on September 25, 2007 in London, England. (Photo by Dave M. Benett/Getty Images)

GETTY pic

Two pics from the thanksgiving service for Isabella Blow on 11 SEP:
GETTY pic
GETTY 2

ISIFA gallery (more pics from the Marco launch and thanksgiving service)

ABACA gallery for Tom Parker Bowles (no new pics, however, since March'07)

Last edited:
It's not news but it's a terrific article Sara wrote in DEC 2006 for The Independent online, about fur and fashion. It's a bit long but for me it was consuming from the first sentence. She calls herself a "fur hypocrite" but the honesty is refreshing. Most people, including myself, are hypocritical in some way when it comes to the fur issue. ;)
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_britain/article2055436.ece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom