Tom Parker Bowles, Sara Buys and Family: August 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her ingenuity in the kitchen would not appear to be the way that the Duchess of Cornwall won the heart of the Prince of Wales. Tom Parker Bowles, the restaurant critic and her son by her former husband Andrew Parker Bowles, says she produces simple fare.
“My mum’s a good cook, but it wasn’t about haute cuisine for her,” says Tom. “It was just great, simple food using fresh ingredients, often from our garden, that she knew her children would like.
“She didn’t teach me to cook, but I watched her a lot. Like most mothers, when I asked her how she did something she’d just say 'I put it in the oven’. So I didn’t get many tips from that.”

A critique of Camilla Parker Bowles's cooking by her son - Telegraph

:previous: whenever I read something like this, it feels like the reporter was having a chat with Tom (fellow journalist) in the pub and this was mentioned in passing - certainly not an interview. Editor asks for an extra 500 words and there you are.

Tom Parker Bowles attended the European premiere of 'Chef' at the Old Truman Brewery in London on June 9:

** Pic **

:eek: Oh. My. Goodness! How could he walk out the front door dressed like that? Even to go the local shops it is a dreadful look, and this was to the premiere of a film. Those pants! *faints* How could his wife let him go out looking like that? I know he is known for dressing down, but this is ridiculous.

She may be a fashion editor, more is the pity. I remember some of her other fashions. Yuck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
She may be a fashion editor, more is the pity. I remember some of her other fashions. Yuck!!

Actually I really like that dress she's wearing in that article but the shoes I could do without. Not a big fan of those gladiator type shoes and would probably wear some classic pumps with it.

She really needs to keep her "conversations" with Catherine to herself. The young royals have little enough privacy or people they can trust without those within the extended family circle spouting off to the press.

Did you read the article? She doesn't really talk about Catherine. She compliments Camilla and implies that they have a good relationship, then says about Catherine - presumably after being asked questions, based on the lead - that they've discussed designers and that she likes Catherine, but nothing more. The entire quote is at most 2 sentences.

Did you read the article? She doesn't really talk about Catherine. She compliments Camilla and implies that they have a good relationship, then says about Catherine - presumably after being asked questions, based on the lead - that they've discussed designers and that she likes Catherine, but nothing more. The entire quote is at most 2 sentences.

That's what I got from the article too. She said very little that could be taken as talking about both Kate and her mother-in-law. She politely mentioned some trivial comment but nothing that could be construed about breaching the privacy of either lady.

:previous:
Of the Duchess of Cambridge, she will only say: "We've talked about designers we admire in the past and she's always very complimentary about what I wear but, clearly, she feels she's got more important things to think about - and that's what makes her so endearing."
I thought her reference to Catherine was very polite and neutral considering she is about style and Catherine reflects style. So, when asked, is she supposed to say "oh her, we don't mix", or perhaps "we don't move in the same circles", or some such throw away line that can be twisted into "news" of warfare between the Wales and Parker-Bowles family

But I thought her reply was brilliant. They discussed designers but that's not what Catherine is all about. She said Catherine was always complimentary about her dress which, coming from a woman that dressed her bridesmaid in an absolute knockout white gown, tracks well but mentions that that that is not what Catherine is about and goes in for the ultimate sucker punch, "and that's what makes her so endearing".

Of all the insider, expert, private sources etc. either gushing of sniping, that is one discription of Catherine that I have never encountered. But, it is a very telling statement to those with ears to hear.

Yes I think kate definitely has a lot more in her head than clothes which is great. She seems to have a rather solid personality and, unlike other princesses out there, doesn't give the impression she's a clothes horse. However I think that she does and always has been attentive to her clothes and appearances but that is not necessarily a bad trait in her role.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Oh, these children are grown adults now... where has all the time gone? Are both Sara and Tommy married and well? People should marry young. Oh dear, they were teenagers the last time I saw a picture of them.

Oh, these children are grown adults now... where has all the time gone? Are both Sara and Tommy married and well? People should marry young. Oh dear, they were teenagers the last time I saw a picture of them.

From a article recently, it put me into kind of a senior moment thinking "how many children does Camilla have again? Am I forgetting something?" and then I realize that it was the article that was very confusing. Camilla does only have two children. Tom and Laura. Tom is married to Sarah and Laura is married to Harry.

There. I think I got it right. I need more coffee. :unsure:

From a article recently, it put me into kind of a senior moment thinking "how many children does Camilla have again? Am I forgetting something?" and then I realize that it was the article that was very confusing. Camilla does only have two children. Tom and Laura. Tom is married to Sarah and Laura is married to Harry.

There. I think I got it right. I need more coffee. :unsure:

You got it right. That article was very poorly written.

Tom and Sarah have two children, while Laura and Harry have three.

I think he comes across just fine. He's a well adjusted type of person that will tell things as they really are/were with an openness and honesty that you don't find in too many people.

I like that he's very open but won't allow himself to be dragged into talking about his mother's situation. She may have put the family through a lot back in the day but they remain a very close, supportive and loving family and that's very important.

Tom Parker Bowles arrives Down Under to judge new food reality show The Hot Plate | Daily Mail Online
He has made a name for himself as an acclaimed food critic and writer and now Tom Parker Bowles will give his seal of approval to the best restaurants Down Under.

The 40-year-old old Etonian and stepson of Prince Charles arrived in Sydney on Sunday to judge a new Channel Nine reality series, The Hot Plate.

A seasoned foodie, Tom, who is also the Prince of Wales' godson, looked a tad tired as he cracked a smile to fans at the airport after a 24-hour flight.

Tom and Sara attended a party celebrating the launch of new novel 'The Parrots' by Alexandra Shulman in London yesterday, July 2:

** Pic **

:previous:

He's a food critic and author of cookbooks and has tried out a lot around those topics (TV, food and so on) :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom