Title for Camilla

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems everyone is putting the blame on Charles for the end of the marriage, let's not forget Diana played a HUGE part in the break up of her own marriage, she was by no means innocent. Yes Charles and Camilla had an affair, but Diana had her affairs too...with MULTIPLE lovers...she was unstable as well...the marriage breaking up was a two party deal.

As for the title deal-it's kind of a wait and see sort of a deal for me I guess. As I said in my earlier post anyone who takes on that title next is going to have a hard time "beating" Diana (whether there are people under the age of 18 who remember her or not, there are still a ton of people who have sanctified her...those are tough footsteps to follow in) but I also don't think it's really fair, IF Charles and Camilla were to marry, it doesn't seem it would be fair for Camilla to be denied a right that would leagally become hers (also I don't think the argument about it being denied out of William and Harry's sake is fair, as it has been stated they both like Camilla.)

I don't think there was a marriage in the sense of love in the first place. Whether or not Charles loved Diana or vise versa Camilla had no right to step in between them. Just because the bank vault is wide open doesn't mean it is okay to take money from it. Diana was not perfect but she was a 20 year old woman who was placed in a tough position and she did not handle it very well but who would with her lack of experience.

Whether or not Charles and Camilla get married is really up to them. Do I think Camilla should be Queen? No but if she does become Queen, all the more power to her.

No one comes out of this spotless of blame but Diana is not here to defend herself so the only people left to answer questions are Camilla and Charles.

I look at diana and think how did she cope im only 20 and can barely cope with everyday normal life... I dont understand why Charlse didnt marry her in the first place... like if shes so good then why didnt he wait to marry her instead of pulling diana along for the ride... he didnt even really lovce her as she quoted in the tapes... Camila should never be queen... he should just find a new wife like how he got diana

RoseMary said:
I don't think there was a marriage in the sense of love in the first place. Whether or not Charles loved Diana or vise versa Camilla had no right to step in between them. Just because the bank vault is wide open doesn't mean it is okay to take money from it. Diana was not perfect but she was a 20 year old woman who was placed in a tough position and she did not handle it very well but who would with her lack of experience.

Whether or not Charles and Camilla get married is really up to them. Do I think Camilla should be Queen? No but if she does become Queen, all the more power to her.

No one comes out of this spotless of blame but Diana is not here to defend herself so the only people left to answer questions are Camilla and Charles.
not my problems!

Princess Diana got fell in love with Prince Charles because someone said about when Diana was young she put posters of Prince Charles because she would become Queen of England.But Prince Charles propose to Diana on February 1981 when she was 20 years old but she will become Princess of Wales and she will become Queen of England not as Camilla! you know because Prince Charles's MISTRESS for more over 30 years.

many people wont wanted Camilla become Princess of Wales and become Queen of England many people would reminded of famous Princess Diana in 1997 who died and more respect of Princess Diana.

im sure Diana always is SO POPULAR Princess and she is Perfect! she dont unperfect many people and children still love Diana lots than Camilla you know that!

im sure his mother the Queen wont let Prince Charles get married to Camilla because of reminded Princess Diana lots for 7 years of her death.

have any question,rosemary

Sara Boyce

bad_barbarella said:
I look at diana and think how did she cope im only 20 and can barely cope with everyday normal life... I dont understand why Charlse didnt marry her in the first place... like if shes so good then why didnt he wait to marry her instead of pulling diana along for the ride... he didnt even really lovce her as she quoted in the tapes... Camila should never be queen... he should just find a new wife like how he got diana
not my problems!

Prince Charles chose Diana to become his wife and become Princess of Wales for 300 years of Englishwoman for first time not from Camilla! but Princess Diana really younger Princess but many people still known she is Queen's hearts and people's princess the PM Tony Blair says when Diana was died.

but Camilla cant become Princess of Wales nor become Queen of England because of following death Princess Diana for 7 years.

Sara Boyce

When I said home wrecker I meant it!

My statement is no less productive than the concept of Camilla receiving a title! An act of infidelity can never be justified regardless of the state of a marriage, despite claims to the contrary at no point was Charles forced to marry Diana, if he genuinely loved Camilla he would have made a stand to marry her...but he wanted both worlds, rather than fight to alter a dated religious legislation which prevents a monarch from marrying a divorcee he decides to marry Diana and keep Camilla a mistress...Diana is a victim of Charles's coward ness and laziness to change a system!

I respect Camilla for not commenting about the whole scenario, yet in the public eye she is and will always remain the woman who made Diana's married life a misery. A woman who perused her own happiness at the expense of someone else’s.... therefore the whole question of a title for Camilla is an unproductive one and would only produce equally unproductive responses!

Reina said:
I can't respect a person who would be a homewrecker either-man or woman. It is so evil.
And why not America instead of just middle America (better known as the Midwest)
Well then you couldn't possibly respect Diana either... As she had affairs with married men (one actually claims she stalked him and his family), and therefore is a homewrecker herself. She also did damage to her own marriage by infidelity therefore helping her to be just as much of a homewrecker in her own marriage as Charles and Camilla.

In the Diana tapes that aired there was a part where Charles said that he would not be the first Prince of Wales NOT to have a mistress.
The only people who are not to be blamed in for Charles and Diana's marriage breaking up are William and Harry and Camilla's children.
Diana was no matyr in this marriage either. Charles cheated on her with Camilla but that doesn't make it okay that Diana had multiple affairs too. No one can say that their spouse drove them to cheat. If Diana really loved Charles as much as she claims she did and was hence betrayed by Charles's extra marital relationship with Camilla there were other options available to her. Cheating on him with James Hewitt and whoever else doesn't excuse her actions.
The end of Charles's and Diana's marriage isn't a case of Diana being the angel and Camilla being the devil. If that's what it comes down to both women were as much at fault as Charles.

In the Diana tapes that aired there was a part where Charles said that he would not be the first Prince of Wales NOT to have a mistress.
Is that the right number of "not's"? Or was it that he would not be the first PoW to have a mistress?

Also, it doesn't hurt to remember that in these tapes it was Diana saying she claimed Charles had said, in the same way that she claimed that the Queen had said that Charles was hopeless; they weren't said directly by the people who were supposed to have said them, they were reported by a person who was supporting her own case, not trying to be objective. Not to say they aren't true, but there's no independent verification of them from the sources (that I know of).

I dont know her... she could have a great heart... mabye be an ok person... but to sleep with a married man... THATS WRONG... no matter who you are or where u live... people that dont see that as wrong dont have class...

and i know its not entirely her fault as it does take two to tango... i just dont think she should get any title...

would she ever be queen? would we want her as a role model to all these little girls?

I think we all need to remember that there are two sides to every story and it is all a matter of perception. You and I can see and hear the same thing but perceive it in two totally different ways.

I am guilty of watching the Diana tapes and do think that they should have remained private for the sake of her children. However, Iit would be interesting to hear Charles side of the story though highly unlikely to happen.

I was and still am a big fan of Diana's, though I don't see her as infallible. I realize that she had her fault but I do believe that she tried her best to use her position to do good.

As for a title for Camilla, if she and Charles married the titles are hers by marriage whether we like it or not.

Last edited:
I hope that the Queen has at least another 25 years of life left so that neither Charles nor Camilla will be much of a factor in the future. I'm surprised that Charles has not yet married Camilla, given that they are both "free".

it just makes me sad to even think of it... when i was a little girl i always looked up to diana because she was so caring kind and truely compashionate... i also pray the queen stays around for that long

kinneret5764 said:
I hope that the Queen has at least another 25 years of life left so that neither Charles nor Camilla will be much of a factor in the future. I'm surprised that Charles has not yet married Camilla, given that they are both "free".
As has been stated multiple times before, Charles is not legally allowed to marry Camilla and still retain his postion in the line of succession. While both are divorced (he widowed), Camilla's ex husband is still alive, meaning in the eyes of the Church of England they are still married as the only way one can leave a marriage is through death.

Even if the laws have been or are being slackened on the laws of marrying a divorcee, Charles and Camilla still need the approval of the Queen and Parliment, and because of public opinion I just don't see how they would receive those permissions.

As has been stated multiple times before, Charles is not legally allowed to marry Camilla and still retain his postion in the line of succession.
I don't think there's a legal problem with his remaining in the line of succession if he marries Camilla. There may well be other problems, such as a feeling that such an action might damage the monarchy, but if he's able to marry her at all then there's no reason why he couldn't still become King. The Archbishop of Canterbury could refuse to participate in the coronation of a person married to a divorcee whose previous spouse is still living, but that'd be another matter.

As long as Camilla isn't Catholic, there's no legal requirement for Charles to step out of the line of succession if he marries her.

We now know that Camilla will be known as Duchess of Cornwall so perhaps the Administrators will be kind enough to close this thread?

wymanda said:
We now know that Camilla will be known as Duchess of Cornwall so perhaps the Administrators will be kind enough to close this thread?

i would agree with you! and no more about re-place of late Princess of Wales of titles! but Camilla will known as Duchess of Cornwall or Princess of Consort that it they would closed thread im sick to heard about add of Princess of Wales for Camilla and becoming Queen of England that it!

Sara Boyce

wymanda said:

Perhaps we can leave it open to discuss additional, future titles for Camilla, such as whether she will be called Queen or not or if she will remain Princess Consort. The title issue is much deeper than merely the Duchess of Cornwall.

I am still hearing debates about legislature taking place to prevent Camilla from being called Queen when Charles ascends to the throne and what the (emotional) implications of Camilla (unofficially) still being the Princess of Wales even if she is not addressed as such publicly.

A lot to discuss still on this matter of a title for Camilla, I think.

She won't be called Queen. The current Queen has said so. Besides, I don't think the people would let her become Queen.

The fact is that when Camilla marries Charles she will automatically become Princess of Wales and when he becomes King she will automatically become Queen. The greatest legal minds in Britain have stated that it would would take take an act of Parliament to change both situations. Diana, for example, automatically assumed all of Prince Charles' titles upon marraige including Princess of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall. Naturally she was known as the former as this was the most senior title but Camilla wanting to be known as the latter has no bearing on the fact that she will still be Princess of Wales upon her marraige.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
She won't be called Queen. The current Queen has said so. Besides, I don't think the people would let her become Queen.

The current Queen is a diplomat to the core. She is caught between a rock and a hard place: On the one hand her son's happiness and on the other hand the opinon of the people. The Queen has conceded and allowed for her son to marry his former mistress - she can't seem as to be giving in completely to him by letting him marry Camilla and letting Camilla become Queen.

But the fact is, if Charles and Diana were married right now and Charles became King tomorrow, Diana would automatically become Queen by virtue that she is married to the heir to the throne. Likewise for Camilla. Upon her vows on April 8 she will be married to the heir to the throne and unless there is a move by the government to change hundredsd of years of legislature, Camilla will be queen when Charles becomes king whether people like her or not. Just as William's wife will become queen when he succeeds his father.

Legislature is legislature; you can't pick and choose when and whom you want to apply the law to just because you don't like someone or prefer someone else for the role.

Camilla's Title

The point that has been made is right. It is a matter of law that Camilla will become in fact the Princess of Wales the same way she will become "HRH the Duchess of Cornwall": by virtue of her marriage to the Prince of Wales and Duke of Cornwall. She may choose to be called only HRH Duchess of Cornwall for obvious reasons ( Diana-oloatry :cool: ) but it would take an Act of Parliament and/or a public act of the Royal Prerogative to prevent her becoming P'cess of Wales. "A fortiori" the title of "Queen" upon the accession of her husband. This business of "Princess Consort" is my opinion a device..there is no such title; it would have to be created and ratified before Charles' acession. That does not seem in the offing. I do not blame them in that regard; the couple are waiting to see how the public will react to the new Duchess of Cornwall before facing the very real serious questions of depriving her of the title of "Queen."

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
So they are just making up a tilte?
No. They are not making anything up. They are just choosing to use a subsidiary title.

Which is why the initial announcement said that Camilla would be KNOWN as HRH the Duchess of Cornwall.

How about NO TITLE?? Gee, I know I am living in my fantasy world on this one!

tiaraprin said:
'Fraid so.

Not possible. Remember our conversation on the other thread? They wouldn't dare suddenly discover that morganatic marriage is possible legally after all.

If Charles becomes king, Camilla should become queen, but there's a bit of a problem as far as the coronation is concerned. Since this is going to be a civil wedding rather than a church wedding and since Andrew Parker Bowles is still alive, as far as the church is concerned she's still Mrs Parker Bowles with a husband living. I don't see how the Archbishop could possibly crown her under those circumstances. It's possible that the Princess Consort title is a way round a situation where a conservative Archbishop refuses to crown her queen.

I suspect that if Andrew Parker Bowles predeceases Charles and Camilla there'll be a quiet (at least I hope it'd be quiet) church wedding, and then we may see Queen Camilla. While the ex-husband is still alive, I don't see how it's possible if the church is to retain a shred of integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom