Title for Camilla

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All true. I can't see titles being created for them. For one thing, it's not necessary or desirable from a PR standpoint; and for another, they haven't done anything extraordinary enough for the nation to merit a peerage in their own right.

What title could they possibly get, they are Parker-Bowles children and have his title which the last time I heard was Mr. and now his daughter is Mrs. Lopes. Perhaps Laura´s husband is going to get a title by inheritance one day that is different. They are the step children of the Prince of Wales, that is all, not royal by any means.

What title could they possibly get, they are Parker-Bowles children and have his title which the last time I heard was Mr. and now his daughter is Mrs. Lopes. Perhaps Laura´s husband is going to get a title by inheritance one day that is different. They are the step children of the Prince of Wales, that is all, not royal by any means.
I have commented on the posts # 234 and 236 by Velasco.

I was agreeing with you Al B and with Mermaid.

At this time, when the royal family is apparently attempting to downsize a bit, I don't think that it would be prudent economically or PR wise, to grant titles to the children of Camilla, who are not noble or aristocratic in the first place.

But they are: Andrew Parker Bowles is one of the Parkers of Macclesfield.
From wiki: Brigadier Andrew Parker Bowles, first husband of the Duchess of Cornwall, is the son of Derek Henry Parker-Bowles (who assumed his mother's maiden surname of Bowles), grandson of Reverend the Hon. Algernon Robert Parker, third son of the sixth Earl.

Andrew's mother was Dame Ann Parker Bowles née de Trafford, daughter of Sir Humphrew de Trafford.

Laura Lopes' husband is going to be Baron Roborough, so in time she will be
Lady Roborough.

From Wiki: She married Harry Marcus George Lopes, born October 7, 1977, son of the Hon. George Edward Lopes and wife the Hon. Sarah Violet Astor and a grandson of the 2nd Baron Roborough and the 2nd Baron Astor of Hever, Yes, one of those "Astor"s.

Talk about not being noble. I think we all know Camilla's noble ancestors.

Frankly, I see no reason for Camilla's children from a previous marriage to reap the benefits of her current marriage. As far as I am aware there is no precedent for that. I see no reason why she should not have some title in her own right, although I doubt very much that she cares about this (or else, I think that she should not have married him in the first place).

No, I don't see any good reason for them to be given a title, and what's more, a special remainder would have to be created so that her titles could pass on to her children, as most titles pass through the male line, rather than the female line, unless a special remainder has been created.

At this time, when the royal family is apparently attempting to downsize a bit, I don't think that it would be prudent economically or PR wise, to grant titles to the children of Camilla, who are not noble or aristocratic in the first place.

Here, here Empress. For the record I don't think her children even want a title let alone merit one.

Charles would get some title such as Duke of Edinburgh, or Essex, or something prestigious like that, and Camilla enjoy the female equivalent. Preferably they would remain as Duke and Duchess of Cornwall, as there is no sense changing duchies for another, but I don't know if this is legally possible or if the title automatically passes to the King's firstborn male child (ie, Charles and Camilla would automatically lose it once William ahd a son).
1. It can't bypass Charles, there is no election held. 2. The Duchy of Cornwall can only be held by the monarchs 1st born son
except for the fact that people would rather have seen Diana be Queen Consort.
Not everyone would have been happy for Diana to become Queen Consort, even before her affairs became public knowledge or after the Morton book.:flowers:

In the end it doesn't matter who was sleeping with whom. Going strictly by law, Camilla will be Queen until Parliament changes that.

Whatever the 'intentions' of Charles and Camilla may be, they don't change the current law nor do I see any evidence that they are working to do so.

If memory serves me right, the awkward situation with Duchess of Cornwall's possible future title has been created by the Clarence House. So let the Clarence House and Prince Charles reap consequences.

If memory serves me right, the awkward situation with Duchess of Cornwall's possible future title has been created by the Clarence House. So let the Clarence House and Prince Charles reap consequences.

That's pretty much it, Al bina.

No one asked for it. It was willingly proposed and has to date, publically, remained their intention. So the longer it's supported by Clarence House, the more the expectation grows, that the transition of Camilla's accession title shall either ensue, or be asserted when HM passing is thought to be imminent.

Prince Charles and Clarence House in my opionion will want the Duchess of Cornwall to have the title "Queen." I think the only thing that will stop it from happening is if the English people complain very strongly before the corination. I think then the Duchess might back down.

(Just look at how Prince Charles wanted the Duchess to sit with him at Diana, Princess of Wales' memorial service. The Duchess backed down and did not attend the service.):ermm:

I think that Camilla has a better grasp of what "the public" is thinking than Charles has. Perhaps it has something to do with being a commoner before her marriage.

Prince Chalres and Clarence House in my opionion will want the Duchess of Cornwall to have the title "Queen." I think the only thing that will stop it from happening is if the English people complain very strongly before the corination. I think then the Duchess might back down.

(Just look at how Prince Charles wanted the Duchess to sit with him at Diana, Princess of Wales' memorial service. The Duchess backed down and did not attend the service.):ermm:

Well ... If I understand you correctly, creating an uncertain situation with a possible title has been meant to placate the common people. Now people will have a legitimate reason to complain because they were intentionally misled about the situation. The Diana, Princess of Wales' memorial service situation is likely to always accompany Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall. I am not an ardent fan of Prince Charles and his second wife, but there are rules/laws that can not be bent without hard consequences. If a wife of a King is Queen, it means that any wife of King Charles must be Queen. I am not sure why the Clarence House and other parties involved failed to properly communicate this simple law to the British people.

If in fact it is Clarence houses desire to have Camilla known as Queen, then they should have left the whole subject alone until the time came for it to be addressed. By preemptively taking action and saddling her with the Princess Consort title before she would even use it, they have set expectations, and should they go back on that now, they will only look like a bunch of wishy washy people who bend to public opinion sometimes, and at other times are selfish for their own desires, and other times that they don't care about public opinion.

They have created a no win situation for themselves with this mess, and I do not feel the least bit sorry for Charles or Clarence house. They should have done what the Queen does, and not comment on situations that are either beyond her control, haven't come to pass, are none of anyones business, or otherwise do not yet need to be addressed.

Yes, this is the opinion of many people, that Camilla took the title of Duchess of Cornwall because she didn't want to be seen to be trying to replace Diana Princess of Wales.

On the other hand, I'm of the view that perhaps Camilla wanted to be called the Duchess of Cornwall and then the Princess Consort regardless of her legal right to the higher titles of The Princess of Wales and, eventually, Queen.

Well ... If I understand you correctly, creating an uncertain situation with a possible title has been meant to placate the common people. Now people may have a legitimate reason to complain because they were intentionally misled about the situation.

I've cleared out the latest episode of fighting over the Charles-Camilla-Diana eternal triangle, as well as the outbreak of moralising on both sides of the argument.

In the attempts of the Charles-Camilla and Diana partisans to use religion to score points in their endless battle, people appeared not to notice (or to care, although I prefer to think that the former was the case) that their choice of weapon was both hurtful and offensive to some other thread participants. There's a reason why we don't allow religious topics here except where unavoidable to discuss some of the royal topics, and that reason was well illustrated by some of the events in this thread over the last 24 hours.

The moderators were already discussing closing the thread for a while since there are no actual developments on the subject of Camilla's title after Charles's accession and the thread is just spinning its wheels. After this latest outbreak of hostilities, we've decided to go ahead with the plan, so this thread will remain closed until further notice.

Don't even think about importing the CCD eternal triangle into the Current Events threads or anywhere else where it's off-topic.

Elspeth
for the British Royals moderation team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom