The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 12-02-2005, 10:58 PM
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ***, United States
Posts: 16,873
Well, if the loan of the Delhi Durbar tiara wasn't a large step in that direction, I'll be very surprised.
__________________

  #282  
Old 12-02-2005, 11:01 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
Its funny how this nonsense becomes so serious. I think in a couple of years there will be very little objection to her becoming Queen Consort. I think by the end of 2006 the mention of Camilla becoming Princess Consort on the official British Monarchy website will mysteriously disappear. I dont think they will release a statment but it will act as a hint.
Like I've always said, either she was worthy to be his consort now or she never will be. Once the Prime Minister, the Queen and Archbishop of Canterbury all gave their approval for Charles and Camilla to marry, the question really was over the day of the wedding. She is legally entitled to be Queen Camilla as the wife of the King when it comes to pass.

Styling her as Duchess of Cornwall is sensitive (and likely would have been done even if Charles had married someone less controversial) to the fact Diana passed away only a year after the divorce, retained a style as Princess of Wales, and was the mother of the future heir and spare to the throne.
__________________

  #283  
Old 12-02-2005, 11:03 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Well, if the loan of the Delhi Durbar tiara wasn't a large step in that direction, I'll be very surprised.
I agree!! It certainly sent the message that The Queen believes Camilla should assume her rightful rank someday.
  #284  
Old 12-03-2005, 01:14 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Like I've always said, either she was worthy to be his consort now or she never will be. Once the Prime Minister, the Queen and Archbishop of Canterbury all gave their approval for Charles and Camilla to marry, the question really was over the day of the wedding. She is legally entitled to be Queen Camilla as the wife of the King when it comes to pass.

Styling her as Duchess of Cornwall is sensitive (and likely would have been done even if Charles had married someone less controversial) to the fact Diana passed away only a year after the divorce, retained a style as Princess of Wales, and was the mother of the future heir and spare to the throne.
Duchess of Cornwall and Princess of Wales are NOT styles-they are titles. HRH is a style.
  #285  
Old 12-03-2005, 01:31 AM
Princejohnny25's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arctica, Antarctica
Posts: 2,052
They are titles but she styles herself The Duchess of Cornwall.
  #286  
Old 12-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakodas
Duchess of Cornwall and Princess of Wales are NOT styles-they are titles. HRH is a style.
And in the case of Diana, with divorce, her title held through marriage became a style as the former wife of Prince Charles. Same story with Sarah.
  #287  
Old 01-01-2006, 06:23 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,861
I've just found Camilla's full title;

Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales and Countess of Chester, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess of Carrick, Baroness of Renfrew, Lady of the Isles, Princess of Scotland
__________________
Kaye aka BeatrixFan
  #288  
Old 01-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ballymena, Ireland
Posts: 208
Wow! That's some title for one person and I know other royals have even more. Imagine if she had to introduce herself to everyone using her full title. "Hello I'm Her Royal Highness...um...um!!" LOL! IMO it is up to Charles when he becomes King what she should be called but i think Camilla will have a lot of say in it as it is my opinion that she did not start a relationship to cause uproar and so would not do anything which could potentially harm Charles' reign and so if the public decide against a Queen Camilla she will happily take the title as Princess Consort. I think it will be Charles who will be more upset by a Princess Consort than Camilla herself.
__________________
Follow your own star and you'll always see the light.
  #289  
Old 01-01-2006, 06:44 PM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,861
Let us assume she becomes Queen ;

I think her title will be :

Her Majesty, Queen Camilla , Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. I'm not sure where the 'other realms and territories' comes in. She'll also be;

Queen of Antigua and Barbuda, Queen of the Bahamas, Queen of Barbados, Queen of Belize, Queen of Canada, Queen of Grenada, Queen of Jamaica, Queen of Saint Kitts and Nevis, Queen of Saint Lucia, Queen of St Vincent and the Grenadines, Queen of Australia, Queen of New Zealand, Queen of Papua New Guinea, Queen of the Solomon Islands and Queen of Tuvalu

I think that's grand enough! And of course, she'll also be a Lady of the Garter and will have the personal order of Charles III - and probably Elizabeth II by that time. Impressive eh?
__________________
Kaye aka BeatrixFan
  #290  
Old 01-01-2006, 07:17 PM
pollyemma's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington,DC, United States
Posts: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Let us assume she becomes Queen...
very impressive! there will always be those who will contine to call her camilla parker-bowles.
  #291  
Old 01-01-2006, 07:19 PM
HRH Kerry's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Posts: 1,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Let us assume she becomes Queen; I think her title will be : Her Majesty, Queen Camilla , Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. I'm not sure where the 'other realms and territories' comes in. She'll also be; Queen of Antigua and Barbuda, Queen of the Bahamas, Queen of Barbados, Queen of Belize, Queen of Canada, Queen of Grenada, Queen of Jamaica, Queen of Saint Kitts and Nevis, Queen of Saint Lucia, Queen of St Vincent and the Grenadines, Queen of Australia, Queen of New Zealand, Queen of Papua New Guinea, Queen of the Solomon Islands and Queen of Tuvalu
Impressive?! Hell, you had me at Her Majesty.
  #292  
Old 01-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,735
She will be "Her Majesty Queen Camilla, Queen Consort of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland". She's not Queen Regina of the UK or Commonwealth Crown Countries.
  #293  
Old 01-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I've just found Camilla's full title;

Her Royal Highness The Princess of Wales and Countess of Chester, Duchess of Cornwall, Duchess of Rothesay, Countess of Carrick, Baroness of Renfrew, Lady of the Isles, Princess of Scotland
Legally, she is all of the above. But, she is styled HRH The Duchess of Cornwall (Duchess of Rothesay in Scotland) by order of the Queen.
  #294  
Old 01-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 13,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Legally, she is all of the above. But, she is styled HRH The Duchess of Cornwall (Duchess of Rothesay in Scotland) by order of the Queen.
When did the Queen give this 'order'?

I have only read that she decided to be known as the Duchess of Cornwall and intends to be known as Princess Consort.

In none of the articles I read at the time of the engagement or since has it been suggested that the Queen actually ordered Camilla to adopt the title Duchess of Cornwall - approving her use of that title is not the same thing as ordering it.


Please provide a link to the details of this 'order'.
  #295  
Old 01-01-2006, 11:07 PM
pollyemma's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington,DC, United States
Posts: 2,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
When did the Queen give this 'order'?
I think you're right. Camilla's title is hers by virtue of her marriage.
  #296  
Old 01-02-2006, 06:38 AM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,861
She will be Queen of all those countries though won't she? Albeit in the status of a Queen Consort.
__________________
Kaye aka BeatrixFan
  #297  
Old 01-02-2006, 06:54 AM
Skydragon's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London and Highlands, United Kingdom
Posts: 10,912
What a pity she didn't use Camilla, Princess of Scotland.

It seems unseemly and unfair to say, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall!
  #298  
Old 01-02-2006, 06:56 AM
BeatrixFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,861
Well it's not incorrect to call them The Prince and Princess of Wales. Because that's just what they are. For years people were able to call Diana 'Princess Diana' with no problems at all - so I intend to use Princess Camilla if I like.
__________________
Kaye aka BeatrixFan
  #299  
Old 01-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ballymena, Ireland
Posts: 208
I agree with you BeatrixFan, I will call her Princess Camilla too if I like.
__________________
Follow your own star and you'll always see the light.
  #300  
Old 01-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
When did the Queen give this 'order'?

I have only read that she decided to be known as the Duchess of Cornwall and intends to be known as Princess Consort.

In none of the articles I read at the time of the engagement or since has it been suggested that the Queen actually ordered Camilla to adopt the title Duchess of Cornwall - approving her use of that title is not the same thing as ordering it.


Please provide a link to the details of this 'order'.
The Queen should have issued a Royal Warrant stating what Camilla's style and title would be, just as she should have with Louise Wessex. She didn't do so in order to leave the door open to a different outcome for both.

However, she still approved and gave assent, as she would to any change in the future.
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, camilla parker bowles, duchess of cornwall, princess consort, queen consort, styles and titles


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Victoria's Future Title? rop81 Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel and Family 80 09-12-2021 08:00 PM
Will and should Camilla use the title of Queen when Charles becomes King? muriel The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall 17 11-10-2011 10:20 AM
Crown Prince Hamzah relieved of his title: November 28, 2004 Amoula Current Events Archive 338 04-22-2005 09:28 AM




Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor asia asian baby names british british royal family buckingham palace camilla's family camilla parker bowles carolin china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing clarence house crown jewels daisy doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii family life family tree genetics gradenigo gustaf vi adolf harry and meghan hello! highgrove history hochberg hypothetical monarchs jack brooksbank japan japan history jewellery kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos książ castle liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor list of rulers meghan markle monarchist movements monarchists monarchy names plantinum jubilee pless politics portugal prince harry queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen victoria royal ancestry royalty of taiwan solomon j solomon spanish royal family st edward sussex suthida swedish queen taiwan thai royal family unfinished portrait united states united states of america welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×