The Wales Family Pets

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iowabelle

Royal Highness , Royal Blogger, TRF Author
City
Des Moines
Country
United States
Do the Prince of Wales and the Duchess currently have any dogs?

Is Tigger still alive? I remember that her son Roo went missing and was never found (to my knowledge).

I think it was Roo that went down a rabbit hole and never came out again and Charles used to go walking every night trying to find him. I know that the Duchess has a dog and I think Charles has two dogs but I'm not quite sure. I imagine Camilla has a few horses.

The Duchess has a dog named Tosca (he was named honourary dog of something)

Right, I remember Tosca now.

I will always remember that the PoW's chef at Highgrove, Mervyn, didn't like dogs in his kitchen and once stuck Tigger in a warm oven. (That wasn't very nice, Mervyn.)

The PoW website says the Duchess has three Jack Russells: Tosca, Rosie and Freddie.

What about the Duke of Cornwall.

I didn't see that the biography of "the Duke" listed any pets.

July 2006. A lovely pic of Camilla's daughter Laura Lopes with Camilla's dogs.

iowabelle said:
Do the Prince of Wales and the Duchess currently have any dogs?

Is Tigger still alive? I remember that her son Roo went missing and was never found (to my knowledge).

Tigger died at 18!

I read that Tosca doesn´t like other dogs around her.
When Tigga was still alive and Camilla wanted to visit Charles with her dog, Tosca had to stay in the car, or in another room at Highgrove.
And i ´ve seen pics that shows that the Duchess takes her dogs with her when she is with the Prince in Scotland.

Tosca was originally given to Charles by Camilla, but, as you say milla Ca, Tosca was not too fond of other dogs. Camilla seems to have done wonders with her and she seems fairly well behaved now! IMO.

Camilla's dogs are Tosca, Freddie and Rosie, her horses are Molly, Willy and Bearskin. :flowers:

Roo went missing and was never found, nobody knows whether he died down a rabbit hole, was stolen or found by someone who thought he had been abandoned and just took him home.

Last edited:
Do William & Harry still have Widgeon?

wymanda said:

Widgeon is Williams dog and is I believe still alive. :flowers:

Skydragon said:
Camilla's dogs are Tosca, Freddie and Rosie, her horses are Molly, Willy and Bearskin. :flowers:

I know this is a thread about pets...but do you know the name of the pony Camilla was given from Charles in Scotland, i think it was before their wedding.
Thank you:flowers: .

milla Ca said:
I know this is a thread about pets...but do you know the name of the pony Camilla was given from Charles in Scotland, i think it was before their wedding.
Thank you:flowers: .

I don't think Camilla keeps any of her own horses in Scotland. :flowers:

Skydragon said:
I don't think Camilla keeps any of her own horses in Scotland. :flowers:

I knew, that i read about this pony in a book, and now i´ve found it again.
It´s in the first German Camilla Biographie from Tatjana Gräfin Dönhoff.
She has written that Camilla became the pony (of a special race) as a Valentins-Day present from Charles in 2004. And that the name of the pony is Rompy.

I don´t know if it´s true...

milla Ca said:
She has written that Camilla became the pony (of a special race) as a Valentins-Day present from Charles in 2004. And that the name of the pony is Rompy.

As far as I can find, Camilla only owns the 3 horses and they are all kept at Highgrove. :flowers:

The name 'Rompy' sounds a bit suspicious! :ohmy: this is the definition "an amusing, energetic and often sexual entertainment or situation"

Last edited:
Does anyone else know... I think that Tigger was also a gift from Camilla to Charles. (I've read so much stuff over the last 20+ years it all runs together!)

milla Ca said:

I was suspicious when it comes to this particular biography. It just repeates a lot of things from other publications and some of the translations are really awful. To me it has made the impression of a copy and not in the best of ways. I wouldn't consider her as an expert. But maybe the story you are referring to is indeed true.

Gladys said:
I was suspicious when it comes to this particular biography. It just repeates a lot of things from other publications and some of the translations are really awful. To me it has made the impression of a copy and not in the best of ways. I wouldn't consider her as an expert. But maybe the story you are referring to is indeed true.

I totally agree that the biograghy of Tatjana Gräfin Dönhoff is not the best one, some parts are awful, like the stories she writes in fiction...(sad for the first Camilla biographie of a german author...maybe i should write a better one :lol: )
But i´m interested in the story of the pony and i want to know if it is true.
I don´t know the translation for the word Rompy before but Skydragon convinced me that Camilla wouldn´t choose a name like this one.
So maybe the story about the pony is only bad fiction too...:mad:

wymanda said:
Yes! Widgeon is alive. She had puppies, I think in 2003. Something like eight puppies.
I miss Tigger, or Tigga. He was such a cutie walking along with his master, the Prince of Wales.

Being somewhat a cat lover myself, it appears that the Wales and many of the royal family members take only a shining to the dog. Am I wrong that there isn't any prominent member that like cats as well as dogs? I have both, as well as a few rats, guinea pig, dogs and a horse that I tend to and get a lot of enjoyment out of. How about the RF (sorry a little off topic for the Wales, but please include the RF and the Wales).

Check out the Portraits thread for pics of Princess Michael of Kent and her cats.

HRH Kimetha said:
Being somewhat a cat lover myself, it appears that the Wales and many of the royal family members take only a shining to the dog. Am I wrong that there isn't any prominent member that like cats as well as dogs? I have both, as well as a few rats, guinea pig, dogs and a horse that I tend to and get a lot of enjoyment out of. How about the RF (sorry a little off topic for the Wales, but please include the RF and the Wales).

ALSO, remember that cats are usually indoor pets, so I bet many members of the family have cats that are not seen unless the cats are included in an informal portrait sitting for a magazine. You can't exactly get a pic of any of them walking their cats around. ;)

CasiraghiTrio said:
You can't exactly get a pic of any of them walking their cats around. ;)

That's so true.
hello.gif

Last edited:
I wonder if "Wales family pets" can include the many pets Diana had when she was growing up. She had a ginger cat called Marmalade. She had a prize-winning pet called Peanuts, but I forgot what Peanuts was: hamster or guinea pig?
Remember the rabbits that William and Harry had in the Patrick Demarchelier black-and-white portraits? Does anyone know about those bunnies, like names and how long the boys had them?

Pretty sure Peanuts was a guinea pig. Don't ask what colour, though!

I'm pretty sure Peanuts was a guinea pig, too.

HRH Kimetha said:

I think Princess Michael adores cats, especially Burmese and Siamese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom