The Prince's Trust and Patronages and Causes 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Prince of Wales as President of WWF-UK met school children who are involved in their Green Ambassador scheme at Highgrove House in Doughton near Tetbury, Gloucestershire on July 5, 2012. The children take part in a Green Ambassadors Summit and participate in a series of workshops – growing, art and letter writing – with an environmental theme.

** PA: Charles 'touched' by frog honour **

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery: Prince Charles, Prince of Wales Supports WWF Green Ambassadors Scheme **

Last edited:
:previous:
Thanks for the pictures and especially for the article.
You just gotta love Prince Charles' sense of humour: :D
Posing for photos with a number of schoolchildren and a glass replica of the frog on his shoulder, he also joked "the things I do for frogs".
The Prince was presented with a commemorative gold medal along with the brown and orange frog replica by the Ecuadorian scientist who discovered the amphibian. Charles said: "I'm very touched. It's very nice. I have a lump in my throat, it must be a frog."

Last edited:
I love the pictures of Prince Charles and the frog :D. I think my favorite ones are where the frog is on his shoulder. He looks very amused.

He looks very amused.

The frog or Prince Charles? ;)

Yesterday, July 12, the Prince of Wales as Patron of The National Botanic Garden of Wales met delegates and addressed a food seminar at the National Botanic Garden of Wales, Llanarthne, Carmarthenshire.

As President of The Prince's Trust Cymru, he officially opened the new Llanelli Prince's Trust Office, Llangennech, Llanelli and as

President of In Kind Direct he viewed products provided by the charity In Kind Direct during a visit to Swansea Community Farm.

A tour of Felinfoel Brewery and a visit to the adjacent Greyhound Public House, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire were also part of his agenda.

** zimbio/bauer griffin gallery: Prince Charles Samples Beer **

** thisissouthwales.co.uk: 'Ale remember this day for the rest of my life' **

** thisissouthwales.co.uk: Prince looks out for farm's queen on a royal day **

** BBC: Prince Charles urges local food strategy in Carmarthen visit **

:previous: Prince Charles, of course :D.

You do have to admit though its a new twist on things. Usually its a frog that turns into a prince and not the other way around. :whistling:

For someone that has a passion for preserving nature, this little frog has to be something extremely precious to Charles and more meaningful than perhaps some of the more lavish gifts he's received over the years.

You do have to admit though its a new twist on things. Usually its a frog that turns into a prince and not the other way around. :whistling:

For someone that has a passion for preserving nature, this little frog has to be something extremely precious to Charles and more meaningful than perhaps some of the more lavish gifts he's received over the years.

Oh, the irony indeed :D :lol:. I do agree with you about the fact that this frog is more than likely a very meaningful gift for Charles. He does love nature and wants to preserve it as much as possible. I remember him saying that he wanted to have breakfast with a red squirrel. It sounds juvenile to some, but I think for someone like Prince Charles it would indeed be a very precious experience.

It is a very meaningful gift indeed, not least because, according to the spokesperson for the conservation group, “It is fairly unusual to name a new species after someone but this is seen as something special in honour of the Prince.”

The scientist who discovered the frog, Dr. Coloma, said he wanted to honour the Prince's tireless campaign for and significant contribution to the wildlife preservation. Among others, in 2007 Prince Charles set up the Prince’s Rainforest Project to help discourage deforestation.

You can read a little bit more here.

I have no doubt Charles is thrilled with the honour. Let's not forget, Charles has an appreciation of frogs, evidenced by his purchase of this Faberge frog seal:

Royal Collection - Royal Fabergé

I have no doubt Charles is thrilled with the honour. Let's not forget, Charles has an appreciation of frogs, evidenced by his purchase of this Faberge frog seal:

Now its really making me wonder if he perhaps has a stuffed Kermit the Frog who sings the anthem "Its Not Easy Being Green" That tune would have served the PoW well in the past years when his green ideas were ridiculed so badly.

I love that Faberge frog. Just think how fitting it would be for him to use it as his royal seal. We had Richard the Lionheart, Edward the Confessor and William the Conqueror and now perhaps Charles the Green. :D

That is a very beautiful (and appropriate) little piece for someone who appreciates frogs (and all things nature) as much as His Highness does. Faberge never fails to make masterpieces out of things that others would find ordinary, or unpleasant (and I know plenty of people who dislike frogs [no, I'm not one of them]).

Now its really making me wonder if he perhaps has a stuffed Kermit the Frog who sings the anthem "Its Not Easy Being Green" That tune would have served the PoW well in the past years when his green ideas were ridiculed so badly.

I love that Faberge frog. Just think how fitting it would be for him to use it as his royal seal. We had Richard the Lionheart, Edward the Confessor and William the Conqueror and now perhaps Charles the Green. :D

I love your idea of His Highness having a stuffed, singing Kermit the Frog :D. The song definitely fits too. Hmmmm...wonder if anyone close to His Highness ever thought of giving that to him as a Birthday or Christmas present. I bet he would appreciate it and find it very amusing.

Given that the family tend to go for the silly type of gifts I can see one or both of his sons giving him something like that - or even his sister or baby brother (strange but I can't see it coming from Andrew - and yet I can remember in the 70s reading that Andrew was the joker of the family and would be likely to put a whoopee cushion on Charles coronation throne:ROFLMAO:)

I could also see one of his neices giving him something like that - but again not Peter.

Interesting how I perceive the royals and their sense of humour.

The other person I could see him giving him something like that is Philip actually considering their different approaches to aspects of the environment and yet both are environmentalists - Philip not as opposed to GM foods as Charles.

Now when we hear that he has been given one for Christmas this year we can take the credit for giving them the idea.

Given that the family tend to go for the silly type of gifts I can see one or both of his sons giving him something like that - or even his sister or baby brother (strange but I can't see it coming from Andrew - and yet I can remember in the 70s reading that Andrew was the joker of the family and would be likely to put a whoopee cushion on Charles coronation throne:ROFLMAO:)

I could also see one of his neices giving him something like that - but again not Peter.

Interesting how I perceive the royals and their sense of humour.

The other person I could see him giving him something like that is Philip actually considering their different approaches to aspects of the environment and yet both are environmentalists - Philip not as opposed to GM foods as Charles.

Now when we hear that he has been given one for Christmas this year we can take the credit for giving them the idea.

Interesting observations. I don't know much about Andrew, but I can definitely see Prince Philip giving his son something like a singing Kermit :D. It would be precious if the gift came from one of the kids, like Lady Louise perhaps. It would be such a sweet little gesture. I guess now we'll have to wait until Christmas and keep an eye out for an article that talks about possible funny gifts that were exchanged at Sandringham :D.

Fortnam&Mason are developing the Highgrove range, all profits go to charity.

I like this:

Sometimes the Prince initiates the development of a new Highgrove product himself. ‘The Prince of Wales has a small estate in Transylvania and we are making an apricot preserve from there, and also the most wonderful early summer honey that is about to be launched,’ Miller says. It is the first time that a Highgrove product has been made outside Britain. Local ingredients, as far as possible from the Prince’s Romanian estate in the Transylvanian village Viscri, will be taken for production to the manufacturing unit of the Transylvanian Food Company, which the Prince visited in June and approved. Next to the Orchard Room at Highgrove, the Prince is cultivating a Transylvanian wildflower meadow, rather like the landscape of Saschiz, south-east Transylvania, a Unesco World Heritage site to which he makes regular visits.

Cake recipes from Fortnum & Mason's Jubilee tea salon - Telegraph

Great photos. Alex Salmond looks a tad uncomfortable lol

iceflower said:

The Prince of Wales as President of the Prince's Regeneration Trust visited The Merchant's House in Brechin, Angus, yesterday, October 4, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** PA: Charles views historic house revamp **

** brechinadvertiser.co.uk: The Duke of Rothesay visits Brechin **

** news.stv.tv: Prince Charles carries out engagements in Aberdeen and Brechin **

Oh, to know what His Highness said to cause so much laughter in pictures three and four :D.

Its rare these days to see pictures of Charles without a laugh or a smile. He has definitely come into his own these days.

The Prince of Wales as Patron of the Aberdeen Angus Cattle Society has visited Ballindalloch Castle to mark the 40th anniversary of the North East Aberdeen-Angus Club and the 150th anniversary of the first volume of the Aberdeen-Angus Herd Book, Ballindalloch, Banffshire, October 6, 2012.

** PA: Cattle enthusiasts welcome Charles **

Yesterday, October 23, the Prince of Wales has visited the market place at Middleton-in-Teesdale before opening the new canteen and meeting room at Middleton-in-Teesdale Farmers Auction Mart, as Patron of the Campaign for Wool he met supporters and attended a short campaign meeting at Middleton-in-Teesdale Auction Mart and as Patron of The Prince's Countryside Fund he visited Upper Teesdale Agricultural Support Services.

** demotix.com gallery ** telegraph.co.uk video **

** itv.com: Prince Charles visits Middleton-in-Teesdale ** lehtikuva.fi gallery **

** darlingtonandstocktontimes.co.uk: Prince Charles unveils £75,000 cafe and meeting room at Middleton-in-Teesdale Auction Mart **

Last edited:

The Prince of Wales as Patron of Garden Organic - together with Jamie Oliver - has visited Carshalton Boys Sports College to meet members of the Growing Food in Schools Taskforce in Carshalton, Surrey today, November 26, 2012.

** belga/afp gallery **

** itv.com: Prince serves up royal surprise **

** standard.co.uk: Jamie Oliver: 'Prince Charles is a bit of a hippy' **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Prince of Wales Visits Carshalton Boys Sports College With Jamie Oliver **

** dailymail: 'I told Prince Charles he is a bit of a hippy for keeping a pet pig': Celebrity chef Jamie Oliver gets...**

Last edited:
:previous:

Thanks for the pictures and information, Nico.
I had completely forgotten the Gala is today.

More lovely pictures at Getty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom