The Prince's Trust and Patronages and Causes 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court Circular 14th February:
The Prince of Wales, Royal Colonel, The Black Watch, 3rd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland, this afternoon received Lieutenant Colonel Robert Hedderwick upon relinquishing his appointment as Commanding Officer and Lieutenant Colonel Graham Sefton upon assuming the appointment.

Court Circular 19th February:
The Prince of Wales, Colonel, Welsh Guards, this afternoon presented Operational Service Medals to 1st Battalion at Elizabeth Barracks, Brookwood, Pirbright Camp, Woking, Surrey.

His Royal Highness, Colonel, Welsh Guards, afterwards held a Regimental Council Meeting at Elizabeth Barracks.

The Prince of Wales, Great Master, the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, later received Admiral of the Fleet the Lord Boyce upon relinquishing his appointment as King of Arms and Air Chief Marshal Sir Stephen Dalton upon assuming the appointment.

Court Circular 20th February:
The Prince of Wales, Colonel-in-Chief, The Parachute Regiment, this morning received Lieutenant Colonel Geoffrey Hargreaves upon relinquishing his appointment as Commanding Officer 3rd Battalion and Lieutenant Colonel Mark Swann upon assuming the appointment.

His Royal Highness, Patron, Cobseo, the Confederation of Service Charities, this afternoon received General Sir John McColl (Chairman) and Brigadier Ian Caws (Director of Operations).

The Prince of Wales, Honorary President, the Royal Academy Trust, received the Lord Davies of Abersoch (formerly Chairman).

Court Circular 21st February:
The Prince of Wales, Patron, Plantlife International, this afternoon held a Meeting.

His Royal Highness, Patron, the Prayer Book Society, afterwards attended the Cranmer Awards at Lambeth Palace, London SE1.

Court Circular 22nd February:
The Prince of Wales, President, The Prince’s Trust, this morning visited the Trust’s Achieve Programme, Cwm Brombil School, Bertha Road, Port Talbot, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of West Glamorgan (Mr Byron Lewis).

His Royal Highness, Patron, Age Cymru, afterwards visited a cARTrefu project, Plas Bryn Rhosyn, Neath.

Last edited:

Today, February 22, the Prince of Wales as President of The Prince's Trust visited Ysgol Cwm Brombil in Margam.

As Patron of Age Cymru he visited the Plas Bryn Rhosyn care home in Neath,

and he visited Rock UK's Summit Centre to view the new facilities and meet staff, young climbers and members of the local community in Treharris:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** rex gallery **

** dailymail: Watch out for the royal! Laughing Prince Charles proves he's a good sport as students..**

Last edited:
Court Circular 13th February:
The Prince of Wales, President, The Prince's Trust Group, this afternoon held a Reception for Greek Diaspora at St. James's Palace.

Spanish Hola has some more photos of the reception:

** hola: ¿Qué hacían el príncipe Carlos y su primo Pablo de Grecia reunidos en el palacio de St. James? ** translation **

And here's another pictured article:

** hellenicdailynews: The Greek Diaspora Support of the Princes Trust in London **

The Prince of Wales as President of the Royal College of Music presided over the annual awards ceremony in South Kensington today, March 6:

** pa gallery ** dailymail article **

Last edited:
Here's a video of the visit by HRH The Prince of Wales to the Royal College of Music.

Court Circular 5th March:
The Prince of Wales, President, this afternoon held a Tea for the Royal College of Music.

Court Circular 6th March:
The Prince of Wales, President, this morning visited the Royal College of Music, Prince Consort Road, London SW7, and was received by Colonel Jane Davis (Vice Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London).

His Royal Highness, Chairman, the Royal Collection Trust, this afternoon chaired a Meeting of the Trustees.

Court Circular 7th March:
The Prince of Wales, Royal Founding Patron, the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership, this afternoon visited Polymateria Limited, Imperial White City Incubator, 80 Wood Lane, London W12, and was received by Mr. Kevin McGrath (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

His Royal Highness, Permanent Master, this evening attended the Worshipful Company of Shipwrights' Maritime Dinner at Fishmongers' Hall, London Bridge, London EC4.

Last edited:

The Prince of Wales as Royal Founding Patron of the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership visited Polymateria Ltd in London today, March 7:

** pa gallery ** dailymail article **

Last edited:
Last edited:
:previous:
This is on Wednesday, March 13.

Court Circular 8th March:
The Prince of Wales, Patron, Amref Health Africa, this morning held a Reception at Clarence House.

His Royal Highness, Patron, this afternoon visited the University College of Estate Management, 60 Queens Road, Reading, on the occasion of their Centenary and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of the Royal County of Berkshire (Mr James Puxley).

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to see Charles and Letizia together - a nice surprise as I didn't know about this engagement myself! I've heard that HM is quite close friends with Juan Carlos (I also read that she calls Juan Carlos "Juanito" though was later told this was just a rumour), so I presume Charles and Letizia are quite familiar with each other.
The exhibition sounds interesting; I might have a visit myself some time before it closes.

Court Circular 12th March:
The Prince of Wales, Patron, Soil Association, received Mr. Jamie Oliver (Chef and Restaurateur).

The Prince of Wales, President, The Prince's Trust Group, this evening held a Dinner at Buckingham Palace.

Court Circular 13th March:
The Prince of Wales, President, The Prince’s Trust Group, this morning held a Meeting.

His Royal Highness, President, The Prince’s Trust Group, afterwards received Mr Anthony Pratt (Founding and Cornerstone Patron, The Prince’s Trust Australia).

The Prince of Wales, Royal Patron, the Intelligence Agencies, this afternoon received Mr Jeremy Fleming (director, Government Communications Headquarters).

His Royal Highness, President, later attended The Prince’s Trust Awards at the London Palladium, Argyll Street, London W1, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London (Sir Kenneth Olisa).

The Prince of Wales, Patron, the National Gallery, with The Queen of Spain, this evening visited the Sorolla: Spanish Master of Light exhibition at the National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London WC2, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London.

I just noticed that Lady Sarah Chatto was also present for the visit by queen Letizia.

:previous:

Together with her son Samuel, he can be seen at the beginning of the video as well ?

.The Prince of Wales as President of The Prince's Trust Group hosted a dinner for donors, supporters and ambassadors of Prince's Trust International at Buckingham Palace this evening, March 12:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Prince Of Wales Hosts Dinner To Celebrate 'The Prince's Trust' **
Some of the comments on twitter are so nasty alleging the presence of Amal and George is payback for Meghan's "free" ride. However, I would be very surprised if Charles wasn't acquainted with Amal as a result of there mutual interests and, since this was a dinner for Donors, Supporters and Ambassadors of the Princes Trust International it is not the sort of occasion to for Charles to invite them to dinner cold.

Since the trust is and actually going global George's presence could explain that but the photos seem to show many people in the Arts were present and they all seemed to be enjoying themselves as did Charles.

Court Circular 14th March:
The Prince of Wales, Colonel-in-Chief, The Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) of Canada, this afternoon received Officers of the Regiment.

Some of the comments on twitter are so nasty alleging the presence of Amal and George is payback for Meghan's "free" ride. However, I would be very surprised if Charles wasn't acquainted with Amal as a result of there mutual interests and, since this was a dinner for Donors, Supporters and Ambassadors of the Princes Trust International it is not the sort of occasion to for Charles to invite them to dinner cold.

Since the trust is and actually going global George's presence could explain that but the photos seem to show many people in the Arts were present and they all seemed to be enjoying themselves as did Charles.

I am sure Charles has known George and Amal for some time. He raises vast sums of monies for his charities, and often entertains wealthy business people and celebrities as part of his charitable fund raising initiatives. I have no doubt G&A would have been involved in some way.

You are absolutely correct, they first made contact at a Charity Seminar or some such in 2015. The Clooney's were there as it was about homelessness and one of his charities was about the homeless. The rest is history.

On a personal note I have always admired those high profile people in the arts who spend their time working to relieve the suffering of others, those whose wonderful dinners and parties whose guest with all their couture and jewellery, leave with considerable lighter pockets. If you have a gift, even just that of being one of the beautiful people or a great host or hostess, using it for charity is greater than their fame.

Why am I sitting here with a picture of Charles and Meghan sitting with their heads together and dreaming up this incentive and deciding on Amal Clooney?

I love this idea and I imagine that both Charles and Meghan are smiling ear to ear with this announcement. :D

One a side note, its making me think that the invitation to the Sussex wedding could have come from both Harry and Meghan on one hand and Charles on the other. Presents a conundrum. Who really put the Clooneys on the guest list. :lol:

I am sure Charles has known George and Amal for some time. He raises vast sums of monies for his charities, and often entertains wealthy business people and celebrities as part of his charitable fund raising initiatives. I have no doubt G&A would have been involved in some way.

I agree - and the Clooneys were invited to the Sussex's wedding which suggests that they're also friendly with Charles's children.

Clarence House‏ @ClarenceHouse

"The Prince of Wales, in his role as President of WWF UK will visit @NHM_London to attend the global premiere of a new David Attenborough series on @NetflixUK, on Thursday 4th April.

The Duke of Cambridge and The Duke of Sussex will also attend alongside The Prince.

Sir David Attenborough, who narrates the “Our Planet” series, will be hosting the event at the museum."

Sounds like a great boys night out. Who would have dreamt the teen-aged horrors or the young men about town would follow their ground-breaking father in his campaign for sustainability, climate change and survival of the species!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom