The Prince's Trust and Patronages and Causes 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think The Prince's Trust should turn into The King's Trust upon Charles's succession to the throne. I think he should be able to carry on his work and being involved with his charitable ventures.

I'm sure he's thinking about his trust's future.

I honestly think The Prince's Trust should turn into The King's Trust upon Charles's succession to the throne. I think he should be able to carry on his work and being involved with his charitable ventures.

I'm sure he's thinking about his trust's future.

Honestly, I think it should merge with the Royal Foundation and become something that every heir to the throne does while they are the heir.

The Prince of Wales as Patron of Samaritans hosted a reception to mark the charity's 60th anniversary at Clarence House today, May 1st.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

Something must have been VERY amusing judging by the expression on His Highness's face in the first photo. It's great to see him smile so much more in the past several years.

The Prince of Wales as Patron of Music in Country Churches attended a concert by the London Chamber Orchestra at Malmesbury Abbey, Wiltshire, yesterday, May 4, 2013.

** Pic **

Another great shot :D.

Honestly, I think it should merge with the Royal Foundation and become something that every heir to the throne does while they are the heir.

I disagree.... I think the charities and organizations supported are very personal to each patrons..... Charles created the princes trust from scratch and invented that role and organization. Will Harry and Kate are trying to do the same thing for their own personal causes for the royal foundation. Once Charles ascends the throne, merging the 2 would be disrespectful to what they have each tried to accomplish. And the staffs and courts of each. I prefer the idea that the princes trust evolves into the kings trust. Perhaps Charles asks Anne to oversee the trust on his behalf.

I rather like that idea. It would provide a permanent role for the monarchs heir, and possible other children, and the focus of the foundation can always change to meet the needs of the time in which they live and the special interests of the heir.

I disagree.... I think the charities and organizations supported are very personal to each patrons..... Charles created the princes trust from scratch and invented that role and organization. Will Harry and Kate are trying to do the same thing for their own personal causes for the royal foundation. Once Charles ascends the throne, merging the 2 would be disrespectful to what they have each tried to accomplish. And the staffs and courts of each. I prefer the idea that the princes trust evolves into the kings trust. Perhaps Charles asks Anne to oversee the trust on his behalf.

Michelle, I doubt it would be as easy as that. See f.e. the Bahraini deal mentioned in the article:

Independent said:
On occasion, the Prince’s involvement in funding deals has attracted criticism. Earlier this year The Independent reported that The Prince’s Foundation for Building Community signed a £700,000 agreement with the Bahraini government to advise on a sustainable-housing development. The deal came a week after the Prince hosted Bahrain’s Housing Minister at Clarence House.

How much more criticism would it have raised, if he was king and not PoW.

He won't have sufficient time to take an active role and I doubt his sister could compensate it. After all she is pretty busy, too.

Another aspect mentioned is, that he will lose his Duchy of Cornwall lands which generate a part of the income which goes to 'his' charities.

However, what I can see is that William/Harry/Catherine might take over his charities. In particular, if their own interests are similar, thinking eg of the drawing school. Integrate/Combine it into their own trust.

Last edited:
Michelle, I doubt it would be as easy as that. See f.e. the Bahraini deal mentioned in the article:

How much more criticism would it have raised, if he was king and not PoW.

He won't have sufficient time to take an active role and I doubt his sister could compensate it. After all she is pretty busy, too.

Another aspect mentioned is, that he will lose his Duchy of Cornwall lands which generate a part of the income which goes to 'his' charities.

However, what I can see is that William/Harry/Catherine might take over his charities. In particular, if their own interests are similar, thinking eg of the drawing school. Integrate/Combine it into their own trust.

Exactly. I think that's by far the most commonsense solution. And while I feel like the choice of the charities to support was originally personal to each member of the family who chose it, I think going forward, it doesn't matter which member of the family is helping to raise funds for it- what matters is that the charity continues to be able to do their good work.

Exactly. I think that's by far the most commonsense solution. And while I feel like the choice of the charities to support was originally personal to each member of the family who chose it, I think going forward, it doesn't matter which member of the family is helping to raise funds for it- what matters is that the charity continues to be able to do their good work.

As we've already seen, a lot of motivation for some of the work William and Harry do and the patronages they've established stem back to the example they were set by their mother. They continued on in her memory. Its not too far off the wall that they would also take their father's works and passions to heart also.

If Charles' patronages and charities and trusts were to be kept as "Prince's" organizations under William, Harry and Kate, with William being the Duke of Cornwall once Charles becomes King, things would basically remain the same with only a change at the top level and the Duchy of Cornwall funds would still be available. I'd bet my last donut that Charles doesn't have fools and incompetent managers that run the majority of the day to day business aspects of his concerns and he'd be very much available to guide and steer the next generation of Patrons in the right direction from behind the scenes.

We don't know when this would all happen and hopefully not for many years yet but it does seem like a nice package to walk into with the young royals possibly still getting their feet wet as full time royals. Charles worked long and hard to lay the groundwork and establish his causes and it hasn't been done half heartedly.

Last edited:
Its not too far off the wall that they would also take their father's works and passions to heart also.

100% Agreement

I'd bet my last donut that Charles doesn't have fools and incompetent managers that run the majority of the day to day business aspects of his concerns and he'd be very much available to guide and steer the next generation of Patrons in the right direction from behind the scenes.

In fact I believe he has already started the 'steering'. Remember when Catherine joined him to one of his charities? Or lately, when William joined the PoW at the wildlife conference? These joined Engagement are the right step, if he plans that the younger generation is to take over.

In fact I believe he has already started the 'steering'. Remember when Catherine joined him to one of his charities? Or lately, when William joined the PoW at the wildlife conference? These joined Engagement are the right step, if he plans that the younger generation is to take over.

Excellent point! I had forgotten about those. I do think the PoW is much more involved in what his children are doing than we are aware of. :)

It is incredible that Prince Charles helps raise more than 100 million pounds a year, how many billions of dollars (or pounds) has he raised in the more than 35 years he has been a full-time working royal?

I think that Prince Charles will encourage his children to support the causes they are most passionate about, but I am not sure they need that much encouragement to actually do so. At this point, it is more a question of how much time they devote to these causes since both Prince Harry and Prince William have full-time military careers.

I didn't realize that the Queen was not as involved in charitable events, but I can understand why after reading Avicenna's post on some of the more controversial charities.

Prince Charles has never shied away from getting involved in controversial causes he feels passionate about (rehabilitating offenders, architecture, and the environment), and it really doesn't seem as though the Queen has had any problem with that. When he does ascend the throne, it will be interesting to see whether he curtails some of his activities or if he sees the future of the monarchy as being more involved in these types of issues.

As the sovereign, Charles can't be seen as selling access in exchange for a charitable donation. He won't be able to speak his opinions like he does now. He can attend events that support a charity like the queen just did for the blind association but not actively fundraise like he does now.

Last edited:

The Prince of Wales as President of Business in the Community (BITC) attended the 'Big Connect' 2013 event at the Business Design Centre, Islington, London on July 12:

** Pic ** The Big Connect 2013 **

This is an example of why I respect this man so much. KEy paragraph in this environmental story:

"The Prince’s International Sustainability Unit has been helping fishermen work with environmentalists, processors and local communities to ensure boats can make a living while maintaining a viable fish stock."

A few days ago, my other half and I sat on the cliff looking over at the Isle of Wight, eating cod n chips and taking in the sunset over Dorset. Its these simple pleasures that make life worth living.

Here is the story
Prince says it's OK to eat cod - Telegraph

If you have problems with this - Telegraph is going subscription - let me know and I'll post a summary.

Last edited:
I think this is absolutely fantastic that these young people are expose to these kind of internships and projects in building their community by using natural resources and old techniques. I wish young kids here in the inner working cities of the US could get involved in stuff like this.

The Built Environment - YouTube

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom