The Prince's Trust and Patronages and Causes 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardy praises Prince Charles for 'fantastic' charity work
The Inception star heaped praise on the prince before presenting a prize onstage at the Prince's Trust Celebrate Success Awards, which recognise youngsters who have overcome difficulties. Hardy told reporters on the red carpet, "I got involved with the Prince's Trust because I believe what they do is fantastic."

Prince Charles and Jordan's Princess Badiya bint El Hassan today, March 15, attended the
Apax-Mosaic Enterprise Challenge Finals where school children take part in the competition.
Princess Badiya is presently the chairperson of Mosaic, a Muslim charity, which holds an
annual mentoring programme founded by Prince Charles.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife gallery **

Yesterday, March 14, Charles as President of the Royal College of Music presented awards at
the Royal College of Music, South Kensington, London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Like last year, the Prince of Wales has opened the Ideal Home Show at Earls Court in London again today, March 16.

The Prince's Foundation for the Building Community had established a five year partnership with the Ideal Home Show
aimed at lifting the awareness and showcasing the value of sustainable design.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Yesterday, April 30, the Prince of Wales as President of The National Trust visited Knole to hear more about
the Trust's project to secure the future of the House and to see some of the conservation work that is being
undertaken.

Knole, dating back to the mid 15th Century, is poised to undergo its most significant transformation in more
than 400 years. Charles also met volunteers and staff at Knole in Kent.

** Pic ** thisiskent.co.uk: Prince Charles visits Sevenoaks to boost Knole appeal **

The Prince of Wales as Chairman of the Royal Collection Trust hosted a private view and reception to mark the
opening of the exhibition" Leonardo da Vinci: Anatomist" at The Queen's Gallery at Buckingham Palace on May 1st.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** PA: Charles hails Leonardo 'genius' **

As Patron of the Prayer Book Society he opened "Royal Devotion", an exhibition to celebrate the 350th anniversary
of the Book of Common Prayer at Lambeth Palace in London also yesterday, May 1st. The Archbishop of Canterbury
was present as well.

** zimbio gallery: Charles Visits Lambeth Palace **

** PA: Charles hails Book of Common Prayer **

** fb: HRH The Prince of Wales opens Lambeth Palace Library exhibition **

In connection with the above mentioned anniversary the Prince of Wales as Patron of the Prayer Book Society
together with the Duchess of Cornwall attended a service at St Paul's Cathedral in London yesterday, May 2nd,
to commemorate the 350th annivesary of the Book of Common Prayer.

The Prince of Wales as Patron of the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies hosted a reception to celebrate
the grant of the Royal Charter to the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies at the St James's Place State
Apartments in London on May 15.

** Pic **

Prince Charles gives Burnley over 50s a chance to start business
Prince Charles is launching a pioneering scheme to enable more ageing entrepreneurs to follow in his footsteps. The 63-year-old heir is behind an initiative to give over-50s the chance to start the business of their dreams. Under the Prince’s Initiative, eight-week courses are being started at Northbridge House, in Elm Street, Burnley, starting on June 13.

The Prince of Wales as President of The Victoria Cross and George Cross Association and the Duchess of Cornwall attended the Victoria Cross and George Cross Association Reunion Service at St. Martin-in-the-Fields, London and afterwards attended a tea party at the In & Out Club, London today, May 30, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** gettyimages/indigo gallery **

Last edited:

Yesterday, June 20, the Prince of Wales also attended a reception to mark the The Prince's Regeneration Trust's 15th
anniversary at the Corinthia Hotel in London.

The Prince of Wales as President of Business in the Community has visited two projects in London today, June 20.
He toured Brick Box, a community arts organisation in Brixton and the Oval cricket ground in Kennington.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

** PA: £4.8m for Business Connectors plan **

Pity he didn't go to The Oval on the 19th and seen some live international cricket. I wonder if he commiserated with the staff there over the death of one of Surrey's bright young cricketers on the 18th, particularly as Charles is the Patron of the Surrey County Cricket Club and owns The Oval Cricket Ground (it is owned by the Duchy of Cornwall estate).

I have to say, I've never had much admiration for Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas, but I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

Today Will.i.am met with Prince Charles to donate £500,000 to the Prince's Trust. The singer saw the Trust at work last month at a project in Newham. He grew up in East LA and his mother was a single parent, so the Trust is right up his ally. He says the British people have taken him into their hearts (he's a judge on The Voice UK) and he wants to give something back.

What a gift. Well done to him.

Will.i.am gives £500k to Prince

Pity he didn't go to The Oval on the 19th and seen some live international cricket. I wonder if he commiserated with the staff there over the death of one of Surrey's bright young cricketers on the 18th, particularly as Charles is the Patron of the Surrey County Cricket Club and owns The Oval Cricket Ground (it is owned by the Duchy of Cornwall estate).

I can imagine that it's been a topic as well..

Black Eyed Peas star Will.i.am has donated £500,000 to the Prince's Trust and today met with the Prince of Wales at Clarence House. The Black Eyed Peas' frontman said he wanted to help transform the lives of disadvantaged young people.

** gettyimages/reuters/daylife gallery **

** thesun.co.uk: Will.i.am donates £500k Voice earnings to the Prince's Trust **

** dailymail: Will.i.am continues his social mountaineering as he meets Prince Charles and donates £500,000 to his charity **

** telegraph.co.uk video: Prince Charles meets Black Eyed Peas star Will.i.am following £500,000 donation to Prince's Trust **

I have to say, I've never had much admiration for Will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas, but I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong.

Today Will.i.am met with Prince Charles to donate £500,000 to the Prince's Trust. The singer saw the Trust at work last month at a project in Newham. He grew up in East LA and his mother was a single parent, so the Trust is right up his ally. He says the British people have taken him into their hearts (he's a judge on The Voice UK) and he wants to give something back.

What a gift. Well done to him.

Will.i.am gives £500k to Prince

I have to say, my opinion of Will.i.am was similar to yours. However, that's a genuinely nice thing of him do and I, for one, applaud it.
The Prince's Trust does make a lot of difference, and the £500,000 will give a second chance to many.

Last edited:
Remember we all wondered why on earth he preformed at the Diamond Jubilee concert since he wasn't British? I'm sure Prince Charles made sure he got an invitation.

This is where Prince Charles comes into his own. He can open doors and get in front of philanthropists in a way that no politician could. The fact that the Trust is headed by the PoW gives it a cache and reputation that is so valuable.

Remember we all wondered why on earth he preformed at the Diamond Jubilee concert since he wasn't British? I'm sure Prince Charles made sure he got an invitation.

This is where Prince Charles comes into his own. He can open doors and get in front of philanthropists in a way that no politician could. The fact that the Trust is headed by the PoW gives it a cache and reputation that is so valuable.

Not to mention, he (Will.i.a) got to carry the Olympic torch. ;)
But fair play to him; to me, it looks like a genuine act of philanthropy - and Prince Charles made sure he got some reward for it (the concert and the torch again).

I agree with your point about the POW but just wanted to comment on Wil.i.am being American and performing at the jubilee concert. Stevie Wonder also is not British and neither are Brian Wilson, Ricky Martin and Tony Bennett who all performed at the Golden Jubilee concert. It seems that although there was a focus on British and commonwealth performers the organisers of both concerts were happy to involve a smattering of "outsiders" (no offence intended).

It is a nice gesture from Wil.i.am - I just wish the Daily Mail could have refrained from characterising it as social mountainclimbing. If it improves the lives of young people then he can mountainclimb for all he's worth to my mind.

The Prince of Wales as Patron of the Welsh National Opera (WNO) met supporters at a reception and attended a gala performance by Welsh National Opera at Buckingham Palace on June 21, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

The Prince of Wales as President of the Prince's Foundation viewed Phase I of the Poundbury development and
attended a Prince's Foundation reception at the Brownsword Hall in Poundbury, Dorchester, to meet those
interested in the foundation's work.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** photoshot/belga gallery **

Thank you, Ctf922! I saw this documentary when it aired on ITV and I've been hoping it would be uploaded to YouTube so others could see it.

Charles's efforts and dedication to this project, and the area as a whole, is wonderful to see. He doesn't just go around learning about the problems and difficulties that people in our country are dealing with; he actually tries to do something about it. He's an inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom