The Prince's Trust and Patronages and Causes 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall watched a variety of performances and met with supporters during a gala dinner for The Prince’s Foundation for Children & the Arts this evening.

Attending the black-tie dinner and performance in the Ballroom at Buckingham Palace, Their Royal Highnesses were given a preview of new West End musical The Wizard of Oz, along with a reading by comedian Rowan Atkinson and singing by tenor and Children & the Arts ambassador Alfie Boe.

More info on the Prince's site:

The Prince of Wales - Their Royal Highnesses attend a Gala for The Prince’s Foundation for Children & the Arts

The Prince of Wales as President of The Prince's Foundation for the Built Environment attended
the annual conference of The Prince's Foundation for the Built Environment, Charlotte Road,
London, February 3rd, 2011. On pic 2 you can see his godson Timothy Knatchbull.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

The Prince of Wales as President of Business in the Community has visited Arlington
to mark the 10th anniversary of the Ready for Work Programme, which has enabled
two thousand homeless people back into work, Camden, London, February 16, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

** PA: Charles' plea on work for homeless **

Today, February 17, the Prince of Wales has been in Cumbria. As Patron he launched Red
Squirrels Northern England (RSNE), a five year red squirrel conservation project for northern
England, he visited the Low Lorton Bridge and met apprentices and representatives from
other organisations who have benefitted from The Prince’s Countryside Fund.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

** BBC: Prince Charles launches Cumbria red squirrel campaign **

** PA: Charles launches red squirrel move **

** zimbio: Prince Charles at Mitchell's Livestock Market **

Last edited:
I mean no disrespect to the POW, but honestly sometimes Charles seems so out of touch with reality...and out of touch with common people. He acts so grand and above it all I cannot relate to him. Some of his ideas and philosophies are just plain bizarre. He speaks in such a grand manner about them in interviews, that half the time I do not have a clue what on earth he is talking about! He talks above my level, and that does not give me a good impression.

Last edited:
The title is quite misleading, it seems to suggest that he wants to eat the red squirrel.
The DM has over-exagerrated what Charles has said, it's probably a silly dream of his which he said as an "off the cuff" remark, I could easily say "I would like a tiger as a pet" I know it cannot happen, but I can still dream?

The title is quite misleading, it seems to suggest that he wants to eat the red squirrel.
The DM has over-exaggerated what Charles has said, it's probably a silly dream of his which he said as an "off the cuff" remark, I could easily say "I would like a tiger as a pet" I know it cannot happen, but I can still dream?

Lumutqueen you comments above are probably right. Prince Charles' love for the red squirrel is precious. I do feel sorry that the press makes negative statements out of everything he has ever said.:ohmy:

The DM has over-exagerrated what Charles has said, it's probably a silly dream of his which he said as an "off the cuff" remark, I could easily say "I would like a tiger as a pet" I know it cannot happen, but I can still dream?

I agree with you here. Charles seems to find the squirrels around his property very amusing and fun to interact with. Living in a forest myself, we have a very big population of squirrels and have spent many hours sitting on the deck watching their antics and feeding them. My uncle was very fond of his squirrels and it got to the point where if he was late with their morning meal, they'd be at the front door scratching at it.

In no way would I ever see Charles doing anything that was against the natural habitat of the red squirrel (sitting down to breakfast with one). Instead of the DM making this story to be a "bad" Charles story, it should have been presented for what it was.. a heartwarming "glimpse" of a man that not only sponsors the cause to protect the red squirrel, but also shared his personal interaction with them.

I do not think Charles would be cruel to animals. and I see how the tabloids can be overdramatic. But he still seems grand, above it all, and out of touch.

I saw no suggestion of him wanting to eat the red squirrel! But then, I know how much he has tried to do to save them.

My father has squirrels in his back yard. He is lonely in his house sometimes, and he has befriended some of them. I see no reason why people should get bent out of shape if someone wants to befriend another species and have them over for breakfast.

I saw no suggestion at all of Charles wanting to eat the squirrel for a meal either. But the way the paper put it gave the impression Charles wanted to tame a wild animal, and keep it for a pet, which is wrong to do.But at the same time I cannot believe Charles would do such a thing after all he has done on their behalf.. So I am sure the tabloid is being over dramatic, and twisting what he said.

The Prince of Wales as President of The Prince's Regeneration Trust attended The Prince's
Regeneration Trust and Local Government Association joint conference "Redundant Heritage
Buildings: Problem or Opportunity?" at the St. James's Palace State Apartments in London,
February 22nd, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Getty Images gallery

Zimbio gallery (without the watermarks)

Cheryl Cole and Prince Charles, Prince of Wales pose for a photograph at Clarence House on February 22, 2011 in London, England.
Cheryl Cole today announced a charity foundation with The Prince's Trust following a meeting with the youth charity's President, The Prince of Wales. The foundation will provide funds for The Prince's Trust in the North East, helping young people from Cheryl's hometown and the surrounding region. The Foundation will launch in April and will support young people who have struggled at school, are long term unemployed, those who have been in trouble with the law and those who are in or leaving care.

Pic
Getty Images gallery

The Prince of Wales as patron of the St. Edmundsbury Cathedral Millennium Project,
visited St. Edmundsbury Cathedral, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk yesterday, March 4,
2011. As president of The Prince’s Foundation for Children and the Arts he also
visited the Theatre Royal, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga ** gallery **

** PA: Charles powders his nose at mill **

Today, March 14, the Prince of Wales has been in Cambridge and made several visits
related to his patronages. As patron of Teach First he attended the Teach First Higher
Education Summit, Corpus Christi College, University of Cambridge, as president of the
National Trust, he visited Anglesey Abbey, Gardens and Lode Mill to celebrate the British
Tourism Week and as patron of the Cambridge Commonwealth Trust and the Cambridge
Overseas Trust he attended a reception at the Fitzwilliam Museum.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga gallery **

** Slideshow: Prince Charles issues dire warning during visit to region **

** PA: Charles: Countryside valuable asset **

Today, March 17, the Prince of Wales has visited the Ideal Home Show at Earls
Court, London.

For the first time since 1935 a 'royal' house will be built at the Ideal Home Show. Visitors to 'The Prince's House' will see HRH The Prince of Wales's answer to eco-living - a low carbon home made from natural and recycled materials which his Foundation for the Built Environment claims is just as low carbon as some of its high tech alternatives.

The house is being built on eco friendly principles. It will be made from natural materials like wool, hemp, wood and lime so it's non-toxic and kinder to the environment. The shell of the house is built using the FutureForm Building System and is designed to reduce waste during construction and to provide substantial energy savings in use.
source: idealhomeshow.co.uk

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** PA: Prince visits royal model house ** daylife gallery **

Last edited:
previous.gif
Prince of Wales during his visit to the Ideal Home Show at Earls Court in London today.
March 17, 2011

BelgaPicture - Category details

As president of the Prince's Foundation for the Built Environment, Prince Charles
has handed out awards at The Prince of Wales's Building Crafts Apprentice
Graduation Ceremony in London, March 22, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Today, March 23, the Prince of Wales has attended The Prince's Trust Celebrate
Success Awards at the Odeon Leicester Square in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Last edited:

The Prince of Wales as patron of the Penny Brohn Cancer Care hosted a reception for the
charity at Highgrove House today, May 10, 2011. Charles was hugged by Pat Pilkington,
the co-founder of Penny Brohn Cancer Care (pics 1 and 2), the charity celebrates its 30th
anniversary.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga gallery **

Ha! Pat Pilkington looks like a hoot, I love the photos of her and Charles together. Charles looks very dapper and in wonderful spirits.

The Prince of Wales as President of The Marine Conservation Society visited Selfridges in London
today, May 11, to mark the launch of 'Project Ocean', an initiative to raise awareness of over-
fishing and marine conservation.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery ** daylife/reuters **

The Prince of Wales as President of the Royal College of Music attended the College's annual
awards ceremony to present awards to outstanding musicians on May 12, 2011 in London.
Artists included the pianist Lang Lang and the composer-conductors James MacMillan and
Esa-Pekka Salonen. Prince Charles also attended a short concert given by prize-winning students.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages/daylife **

The Prince of Wales as Patron of Music in Country Churches attended a concert
at St. Mary the Virgin Church, Bampton, Oxfordshire, May 21, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

The Prince of Wales has made a visit to the Knockroon housing development which has been backed
by the Prince's Charities Foundations on May 31, 2011 in Cumnock, Scotland.

I would love to hear what had been said in pic 2..;)

The Prince of Wales has made a visit to the Knockroon housing development which has been backed
by the Prince's Charities Foundations on May 31, 2011 in Cumnock, Scotland.

I would love to hear what had been said in pic 2..;)

Its often been said how the family members resemble each other. In pic 1 I can definitely see how much Charles looks like his mum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom