The Prince of Wales's 70th Birthday: November 14, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! Prince Charles is 70! I hadn't known he was that old! He doesn't look that old. So, I hope the party is very grand and that we see photographs of the clothes and the jewels.

Yesterday evening, October 25, a gala concert was held at Buckingham Palace to mark the Prince of Wales' 70th birthday.

Besides the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, the Earl and Countess of Snowdon and Lady Sarah attended. Maybe more members of the family did so as well, more photos may be released later on:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** dailymail article **

Last edited by a moderator:
It was nice to see Earl and Countess of Snowdon and Lady Sara making a public appearance.

On a different note, British actors and actresses are subservient subjects.

Subservient? That hasn't been a term used to describe *anyone* in a very long time. Neither is the term "subject". Citizen is the more appropriate term to use. Its the 21st century after all. :D

Even the people that would be classified as "servants" in the royal households are appropriately termed to be "staff". ;)

Subservient? That hasn't been a term used to describe *anyone* in a very long time. Neither is the term "subject". Citizen is the more appropriate term to use. Its the 21st century after all. :D

Even the people that would be classified as "servants" in the royal households are appropriately termed to be "staff". ;)

Don't feed the troll, they're not hungry. :lol::lol:

Actually, I'm more leaning to the belief that someone who doesn't have English as a first language and is from a totally different culture may have inadvertently got terminologies wrong.

But... that's just me. :D

This is one of the best articles I've read to date on Charles and Camilla and the photos were extremely top notch. Definitely worth the time to read.

I've come away from this article with the sincere belief that all is well and on the right track as we head towards Charles' reign. He's got the job pretty much down pat, has a extremely happy and supporting partner in Camilla and from what I read, has the robust and healthy zest for life as his mother does.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pix are brilliant…. such a lovely couple !

What I find so heartening is that sometimes, even with just a little act that with most people would go unnoticed, when The Prince of Wales does it, it has a lasting effect or brings about an awareness that wasn't in the forefront before.

For example from the Vanity Fair article:

"But when the Prince declines the plastic straw that comes with his freddo cappuccino—a cause célèbre for the likes of Adrian Grenier, Brooklyn Decker, and Neil deGrasse Tyson—the rejection becomes front-page news in Greece, where sipping your cold coffee from a plastic straw is de rigueur. (A few weeks later, McDonald’s will announce plans to phase out plastic straws across its 1,361 restaurants in Britain.)"

It's a very nice article, and the photographs are wonderful. I especially like the one where Camilla has her hand on the PoW's knee. You can really see the trust and intimacy between them.

The photos are elegant and warm, the article is great and highlight the hard work and passion from Charles and Camilla, but I think it goes to show how great it is to have companionship in your life.

:previous: that is great! hopefully we see more confirmations soon!

the pictures are nice. A united happy couple:flowers:

Do we think there will be tiaras?

LaRae

Ok couldn't remember if they did with any of the Queen's B'days or not.

LaRae

Such a lovely article about Charles and Camilla (a really refreshing change for the British media!); I've really warmed up to them as a couple lately. They're both incredibly hard working and one can tell that they were meant to be with one another - I think Lubomirski sums their relationship up perfectly when he said "you feel like they're a young couple in love".
Beautiful photos too - Lubomirski seems to be a favourite photographer now for the BRF as IIRC he also took the Sussex's engagement photos.

The Vanity Fair article is great. It says nothing that we don't already know.
That Charles has been a hard and passionate worker for the environment for many decades and that he has seriously supported the Queen his whole life too

Behind the jolly ribbon cutting is the huge bulk of activity to save habitats, preserve history and endangered animals. Prince Charles could only have spoken loudly and consistantly on these issues by being The Prince of Wales for so long.
He has helped us think differently and hopefully act before it is too late.(Species are disappearing every year.)

It shows that the true value of the range of work carried out by the BRF - the sovereign and family.

He deserves a celebration on the fourteenth. Seventy years lived with dedication.

Last edited:
Not surprising since they attended his 60th birthday party back in 2008 but lovely confirmation news nonetheless.

A bit surprising at least as the other way round Charles and Camilla would never attend a foreign fellow crownprincely birthday....:whistling:

still I think The PoW os one of the most underestimated men in history and it makes me sick reading all these hateful comments on him and his wife on youtube or other media .... I wish both of them the best!

Last edited:
I am glad that CP Frederik and CPss Mary will be coming to Charles's 70th birthday celebrations. However, I do find it sad that, apart from the Wessexes, virtually no other member of the BRF (including Charles and Camilla) can be bothered to attend family celebrations of other royal Houses' notable birthdays, christenings etc. That became glaringly obvious at King Harald of Norway's eightieth. I think it's a great shame.

Great to hear that the Danish Crown Prince couple will attend the celebrations. Probably more royal houses will confirm their attendance later on.

I agree with Curryong that its such a shame that only the Wessexes bother to attend big celebrations of the other royal houses. Considering this it would be very generous if long list of foreign royals attended the 70th bday celebrations.

Last edited:
Lovely pictures!

King and Queen of Spain will be in Peru on a State Visit, so no show from them.

Maybe Sofia will step in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom