The Prince of Wales's 70th Birthday: November 14, 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice Birthday portrait!

Lovely photo of the Prince and Duchess :previous:

As expected no proper arrival pictures, really hope we get some official pictures or else this will be a disappointing event.

Everybody looks lovely and I only wish a few photos were allowed so we could see the gowns at full length. So far the only ones that have had photos taken like that have been the Norwegians and Charles and Camilla of course. Perhaps there might be a group photo released some time later of all the assembled royals, like there was for King Harald's birthday.

A heart warming speech by the Queen on her son's birthday. Wonderful to have a 70 year old son and be able to toast him at his birthday dinner! Was Prince Philip there? I bet the rooms at BP look a picture!

"His unwavering commitment to rural issues and the countryside has been a big inspiration to me and something I am keen to emulate and teach my children about."

— The Duke of Cambridge on The Prince of Wales, as his father turns 70

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

It's wonderful to see so many royals - and members of the BRF - turn out to Buckingham Palace tonight. Must be a fantastic event to be a fly on the wall to! Were any non-reigning royals like the Romanian RF there?
I loved the photos of Charles receiving the "70" balloon earlier today - it must indeed be wonderful for both HM and Philip to witness their son's seventieth birthday together.

I hope to see inside or official pictures. Kate looks like she is sporting a very interesting ensemble. Why are there only a select few foreign royals there? I see the Luxes and the Norwegians, but why not the rest of them? Is it because there are a few state visits going on?

There's quite a few visiting Royals there...Greek, Spanish, Dutch, Lux, etc

LaRae

For his 60th we got a processional video of The Queen, Charles, Philip, Camilla and William and Harry. I’m hoping we at least get a picture of the family at the party.

I hope to see inside or official pictures. Kate looks like she is sporting a very interesting ensemble. Why are there only a select few foreign royals there? I see the Luxes and the Norwegians, but why not the rest of them? Is it because there are a few state visits going on?

There will be no inside photos according to "in the know" journalists. We're still waiting on outside photos. There are many royals there, it's just a matter of when the agencies will put up photos. I believe after his 60th birthday, we were still finding new photos for a while afterwards.

I thought the Queen’s toast was perfect. A privilege for any parent to to be able to honour their child at 70 but also a privilege for a 70 year old to have both parents alive and well enough to celebrate with them.

Only one solution: don’t release pictures before you want them to be published.

Do you think Camilla’s (grand)children joined them for private pictures of the complete family?

I would certainly hope so. They are Camilla's family and since Prince Charles loves Camilla and is shown to care about her kids and grandkids, I hope they are there tonight and that pictures were taken with the "entire" family.

I'm very curious as to what the "one or two very special things" yet to come are. Any guesses? If it's not photos?

I'm very curious as to what the "one or two very special things" yet to come are. Any guesses? If it's not photos?

We've had the toast and the picture of Charles and Camilla; I thought they were pretty special ?

It would be nice to see a photo of Charles and his parents. The one of him and Camilla is lovely.

We've already had the gorgeous photos of him with his sons and grandchildren so I'm not particularly bothered if there are no more.

With this being such a big occasion, so many royals attending, and everyone dressed in their best rags, it would be a shame to not take a group picture for release.

I wish the BRF were less guarded sometimes. Occasions like this would be the perfect opportunity to present images to the public. Family pictures like we had yesterday shouldn’t be that rare.

Yes, I can see no good reason why they would resist releasing several official group photos. There has been good coverage if Charles’ important milestone across all media and there is a genuine fondness and warmth towards him. This is the main event to mark the occasion, yes it is a private party, but there’s nothing intrusive about such photos and I would argue in the public interest.

As expected no proper arrival pictures, really hope we get some official pictures or else this will be a disappointing event.

I hope the surprise that was alluded to on Twitter is a picture of the family from the Birthday party.

Back
Top Bottom