The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-13-2018, 01:31 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The reports are coming originally from The Sun, and then have been copied by other "agencies". But the event in Rotherham is in the daytime, and the party we assume is in the evening so there's plenty of time. I will be very very surprised if they miss it.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Cambridge’s have some daytime engagements tomorrow. They’ll be at the evening Birthday gala at Buckingham Palace.

Everyone can see the Variety Show, We Are Most Amused and Amazed, tonight on ITV at 8pm- Charles at 70-
https://www.itv.com/hub/tv-guide

Outside Viewing-
https://www.firstonetv.net/Live/United-Kingdom/ITV1--21

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-13-2018, 02:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
They’ll be at the evening Birthday gala at Buckingham Palace.
Their attendance has been announced by Kensington Palace has it?
Old 11-13-2018, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
This is claiming the Cambridges will not be at Charles' birthday party tomorrow.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nin...1-f24cdc726336

William and Kate have another engagement but trust the press to raise a stink and rake family dynamics over the coals.

And Charles' siblings Anne and Edward will be out of the London area on Nov. 14 with daytime engagements but I expect them to be there as well.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Has aguest list been released for the Prince Birthday Gala at the Palace?
Old 11-13-2018, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Has aguest list been released for the Prince Birthday Gala at the Palace?
No official guest list though there have been some confirmations.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Hopefully recent Brexit news won't overshadow the party tomorrow.

Sure William and Kate will attend the party in the evening, daytime engagements mean nothing. Look at how the Queen's younger children were all in London on Remembrance Sunday morning for the Cenotaph service but all had travelled to Cardiff, Belfast or Glasgow by late afternoon.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Continuation of post 109. - More articles from The Telegraph:

Gordon Rayner's awkward encounter with Prince Charles: 'He looked at me warily. I panicked and broke royal protocol'
Quote:
As introductions go, it was on the awkward side. I was in a tiny souvenir shop in Morocco when I unintentionally found myself face-to-face with the Prince of Wales for the first time.

Shadowing him as The Telegraph’s recently appointed royal correspondent, I was trying to keep a respectful distance, my job being to observe not to participate, but the few square feet of available floor space made it impossible to avoid each other.

He turned. He looked at me. A wary look, unsmiling. I panicked, and broke royal protocol by speaking first. ‘Good morning, Your Royal Highness,’ I said, nervously. ‘Morning,’ he returned, flatly, before asking me where I was from. I had a distinct feeling of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Quote:
I entirely understand any wariness on the Prince’s part. He has, after all, had a rough ride from the media. Ribbed over his talking to plants; vilified for cheating on Diana, Princess of Wales; accused of meddling because of his ‘black spider’ memos to ministers.
Quote:
Although he took against the BBC’s Nick Witchell (‘that awful man’ as he famously called him), he takes a personal interest in those he regards as fair, asking after children and spouses, and taking great delight in ribbing us about any misfortunes we suffer on tours.
--------------------

Thrifty Prince Charles keeps bag of scrap material to repair suits 30 years on.
Quote:
Anderson & Sheppard, which has been supplying the Prince with tailor-made suits for more than 30 years, keeps a special box of leftover material from every garment ever made for him, on the off-chance it is ever needed again.

It is believed to include material from the grey morning suit the Prince wore to the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, first tailored in 1984 and worn many times since.

In a special issue of Country Life magazine, which the Prince has guest edited on the occasion of his 70th birthday, he invites readers behind the scenes at his two best-known tailors, Ede & Ravenscroft and Anderson & Sheppard.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I think these are the embargoed pictures that are due to be released tomorrow. They are lovely though!

I think we have to remember that this is Charles' birthday first and foremost, considering how private the RF is, it's lucky we're getting this at all.

I don't think there's a lot to understand, it's quite clear that due to age the Queen might not be so comfortable wearing tiaras or heavy jewellery, and then it's not proper to wear one if The Queen isn't. To suggest that they sell them for money to give to charity is rather silly, some of their pieces are family heirlooms which have been passed down for generations. That would be like me selling my great grandmothers pearl earrings because i've only worn them on my wedding day.

The Swedish RF also have a lot more annual events where tiaras can be seen, events that simply don't happen in the UK.
I was just expressing my frustration in that statement. I really don't want them to sell them. I didn't even think about the weight of the jewelry regarding her age. I'm sorry. I just wish there were more tiara events.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Family photos in honour of Charles's birthday.

Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall

Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall
Those are really nice photos of Charles and his family!
Old 11-13-2018, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Their attendance has been announced by Kensington Palace has it?
Not that I know of. It’s just obvious. The family will be there.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-13-2018, 02:54 PM
Heir Apparent

The Luxembourg Grand Ducal Court has just confirmed the attendance of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess at tomorrow's party..
Old 11-13-2018, 03:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

ABC newspaper confirms Juan and Sofia will attend

https://www.abc.es/estilo/gente/abci...6_noticia.html
Old 11-13-2018, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

The BRF have cut back on tiara events, for a number of reasons.

1. The Queen's doens't like wearing them due to their weight.

2. They don't want to rub their wealth into the noses of the British public.

3. Many of the aristocracy have had to sell their tiaras to pay death duties while the BRF have been able to protect their jewels by doing two things - i) putting them in the Royal Collection (so can't be sold and actually belong to the nation) and ii) sovereign to sovereign inheritance being death tax free - again giving the BRF a right that isn't held by other members of the British public so let's not publicise too often that we have a right that the rest of the nation doesn't have.

Who will be at the birthday party? We may find out on the night itself.

If William and Kate don't attend (and I do expect them to do so) that means they will have missed every event to celebrate Charles' birthday - there have been three and they have been to none. Harry and Meghan delayed their honeymoon to attend the first one and were overseas for the second while William and Kate didn't attend either the Garden Party or the event organised by Camilla. As this one is organised by The Queen I would expect William to be there. He wouldn't insult the Queen by refusing her invitation.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:52 PM
Courtier

Absolutely adorable pictures! I'm sorry if they were released without the approval of Calrence House. I feel bad about it.

I finally got around to watch the BBC documentary Charles at 70. I was honestly disappointed. It seemed very superficial and not very informative or cohesive. They could have included some interviews with his siblings as well. The Duchess of Cornwall could have gotten a bit more time. Prince Harry was the one to speak the most but in an overconfident tone which I really didn't like. William was not well portrayed and was even out of focus and on a the background most of the time. I was expecting more.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Not that I know of. It’s just obvious. The family will be there.

Whilst it might be obvious, it’s not fact. We won’t know who’s attending until we potentially see them tomorrow. We all assume we’ll have arrivals pictures of some description.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
ABC newspaper confirms Juan and Sofia will attend

https://www.abc.es/estilo/gente/abci...6_noticia.html
Wow what a turnout !
Old 11-13-2018, 04:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Whilst it might be obvious, it’s not fact. We won’t know who’s attending until we potentially see them tomorrow. We all assume we’ll have arrivals pictures of some description.
As Anne, Andrew and Edward all have apartments in BP it is possible that we won't see any of them arriving dressed for an evening event as they could simply arrive and then change there.

We may see the Cambridges and Sussexes arrive.

We may get some sort of images - like the Christmas lunch and diplomatic reception of heads of people in cars arriving as they drive through the gates but otherwise I am not expecting much.

It is a private event and not an official engagement for any of them. The British royals tend to keep private events exactly that - private.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

I saw that the Luxes are coming too...what a nice group it's turning into!

LaRae
Old 11-13-2018, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Really surprised to see Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia present together,Sofia is normally left to go alone to these events.